Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Honestly, if there’s anything that’s really held true from seeing people’s opinions online, it’s this line from My Bedroom is a Sacred Place Now....

But projection is an amazing thing

But what I love about Lana is that she doesn’t really care about serving anything or anyone except for the structure of the song that she sees hanging in the balances! I’m glad that the “fans” who are wanting her to be artistically stuck in an incredibly exaggerated version of a period she’s moved on from aren’t necessarily having their “expectations” met by her. 

6 minutes ago, UltraviolentJack said:

Oh whaaa. Can the twinks who clung to the “daddy Lolita” type persona please just leave the fandom? She’s about to turn 36, shes much more mature and refined as a songwriter & a person now. It’s getting so tired watching them bitch & complain. If she did make that old style of music they’d say it’s getting old & that she has no versatility etc etc. No one hates women more than white gay twitter. 

Like also- why aren’t these fans maturing at the same time with her like damn. Time has elapsed. When I was 17 driving around listening to the Lolita songs I was a very different person then I am now. When I listen to BTD era it’s still insanely iconic but it’s a memory of who I was when I was young. Like we all gotta grow up sometimes and our priorities shift and we aren’t trying to only get sugar daddies- We are reflective and want fulfilling lives along side of her!

This happens almost every release, with Norman being an exception. They drag an album for months and then flip. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

28 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:
  Hide contents

I’ve heard a lot of people bringing up that apparently a lot of the album is made up of outtakes from other albums, and idk if that’s true, but that’s actually something fairly common and not necessarily a bad thing. Stevie Nicks has been recycling Rumours outtakes for most of her career. Why throw away a good song if it fits a later project? :oic3:

I agree completely with the idea, but I don't think COCC the album is made up of outtakes--obviously Y is and perhaps NAYWAL is as well--but if so, they're better than all of NFR!, in my opinion, and the production on COCC is, to me, sterling, whereas on NFR!, it was, on several tracks, a mess. NFR! is my least favorite of her albums, despite the presence of MAC and VB.

my COCC abstinence has been strong for the past 4 days, so here in order are the tracks i'm most EXCITED to hear again on the 19th

Spoiler

1. NAWWAL          because i didn't get the chance to absorb this song, and i NEED to hear it again :crying5:

2. TJF                     because i miss white hot foreverrrrrrrrr amen :cumming2:

3. DBJAG               i forget what the entirety of this song sounds like not kidding :dance:
4. yosemite           throw me off the half moon rock at yosemite :suicide:

5. white dress       it makes me feel like a god :illumilana2:

6. DTWD                literally no memory of what this sounds like :lush:

7. wild at heart      i kinda remember her but not really, she deserves the world :smile4:

8. for free               i love jewueles and schouweeles :whine:

9. BUS                     a dignified woman :thankyou:

10. chemtrails AND LMLYLAW because i listened to them way more than anything else

this isn't my track ranking just what i'm most craving listening to

sUcVobB.png

Like, I understand the sentiment for BTD/Paradise. I myself was 10 when Summertime Sadness was a hit in my country and I still like to go back to Cola or Lolita once in a while.

Anyhow, Lana has proven to me that it's her meaningful lyricism she's been continuing for quite some time that hits me the most and I now I love it the most about her artistry...

Spoiler

...and COCC has just that. TJF, Yosemite and DTWD have left me shocked

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

I deleted this after initially posting it, but I'll repost it since we're talking about it, lol

I don't buy that NAWWAL is an NFR! outtake (why would she be talking about Nebraska in a song from NFR?), and even if it were, it was a super early or completely different version, because everything from the lyrics to the production to the vocal style fit the theme and sound of COCC so much more. It almost makes zero sense. I'm tired of insiders bringing stuff like this up with no proof or actual context. Other prolific artists save songs or ideas all the time. And I think it's cheap for people to be like "Oh, she had to fill the album with b-sides!!!" when these two albums are clearly their own separate entities. Yeah, Lana worked with the same producer - so what, maybe they started an idea during NFR that didn't fully flesh out until she started working on the next album with him?

And that's the thing. Artists like Bruce Springsteen get to save songs, re-work them, use them for albums down the line with zero assumption that he's padding his albums "with filler", but as soon as Lana does, you read reviews from fans saying "she had to add old songs to fill up the tracklist~*". When we all know Lana cut tracks from this one, when she could have added more. Idk. I get not liking something, that's fine. But I don't even know why I've even seen people making Folklore/Evermore comparisons when there's been a year and a half between NFR! and COCC, and there were only 5 months between Folklore/Evermore (with only a 3 point Metacritic difference between the two). I mean, the song Dorothea on Evermore is built off the same instrumental as this from 2017 and nobody brings it up. I don't want to hear shit from reviewers about Wild at Heart directly sampling (and lyrically referencing Joe from) HTD when Taylor used a 3 year old backing track already used for Bob's Burgers.

My point is, just because a song may go through various versions or iterations before finding a home on an album doesn't make it an automatic filler track and it doesn't mean an album was rushed or not thought-out. People, including weird Twitter gays, really don't want to admit that Lana chooses to do everything she does. If she doesn't want to release an album, she won't. If she wanted to put Dealer on the album, she would have. She clearly thought Yosemite was a good fit for the album, and most of us agree that it is. A highlight, even. I'm happy even the most critical fans seem to like the album for the most part, but this "outtake!" narrative from certain people in the fandom is really tired and not even accurate in the way they're presenting it.

Spoiler

One interesting thing to me is how 'Wild At Heart' could be from BTD or P. It's a throwback to lighter, easier, sunnier thoughts and sounds. I approve. 

1 minute ago, Poor Stacy said:

I deleted this after initially posting it, but I'll repost it since we're talking about it, lol

Hide contents

I don't buy that NAWWAL is an NFR! outtake (why would she be talking about Nebraska in a song from NFR?), and even if it were, it was a super early or completely different version, because everything from the lyrics to the production to the vocal style fit the theme and sound of COCC so much more. It almost makes zero sense. I'm tired of insiders bringing stuff like this up with no proof or actual context. Other prolific artists save songs or ideas all the time. And I think it's cheap for people to be like "Oh, she had to fill the album with b-sides!!!" when these two albums are clearly their own separate entities. Yeah, Lana worked with the same producer - so what, maybe they started an idea during NFR that didn't fully flesh out until she started working on the next album with him?

And that's the thing. Artists like Bruce Springsteen get to save songs, re-work them, use them for albums down the line with zero assumption that he's padding his albums "with filler", but as soon as Lana does, you read reviews from fans saying "she had to add old songs to fill up the tracklist~*". When we all know Lana cut tracks from this one, when she could have added more. Idk. I get not liking something, that's fine. But I don't even know why I've even seen people making Folklore/Evermore comparisons when there's been a year and a half between NFR! and COCC, and there were only 5 months between Folklore/Evermore (with only a 3 point Metacritic difference between the two). I mean, the song Dorothea on Evermore is built off the same instrumental as this from 2017 and nobody brings it up. I don't want to hear shit from reviewers about Wild at Heart directly sampling (and lyrically referencing Joe from) HTD when Taylor used a 3 year old backing track already used for Bob's Burgers.

My point is, just because a song may go through various versions or iterations before finding a home on an album doesn't make it an automatic filler track and it doesn't mean an album was rushed or not thought-out. People, including weird Twitter gays, really don't want to admit that Lana chooses to do everything she does. If she doesn't want to release an album, she won't. If she wanted to put Dealer on the album, she would have. She clearly thought Yosemite was a good fit for the album, and most of us agree that it is. A highlight, even. I'm happy even the most critical fans seem to like the album for the most part, but this "outtake!" narrative from certain people in the fandom is really tired and not even totally accurate in the way they're presenting it.

Spoiler

I agree. And I think it’s weird how everyone immediately bought what that insider said when he is the one that said that Nicki zella and weyes did backing vocals. 

he might be right sometimes but he clearly can be wrong. 

11 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

...it's also sad that a large portion of the fandom is still stuck in the born to die era... :azealia:

throwback to when a portion of her fandom left when West Coast/UV was released :toofunny: I wonder would they think of COCC LOL 

sgopYhV.gif

While I do love BTD and think many songs are still classics (OTTR, Lolita, TIWMUG) and I do miss the rock/surf vibes of WC/SOC/CW, I’m extremely happy with the direction she’s going now

title track proved she can evolve and still have the touch of Lana that hooked me. (The wall of sound that builds up, the biblical reference of ‘contemplating God’)

"Don’t forget me"

4 minutes ago, JehovahThikness said:

throwback to when a portion of her fandom left when West Coast/UV was released :toofunny: I wonder would they think of COCC LOL 

west coast > majority of the born to die album KPjbWdh.gif

tasteless :azealia:

(btw, i'm not saying that born to die is bad or that it doesn't have artistic value, i still really love it! but it's not my favorite)

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

40 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:
  Hide contents

I’ve heard a lot of people bringing up that apparently a lot of the album is made up of outtakes from other albums, and idk if that’s true, but that’s actually something fairly common and not necessarily a bad thing. Stevie Nicks has been recycling Rumours outtakes for most of her career. Why throw away a good song if it fits a later project? :oic3:

Spoiler

totally agree– i also think it speaks to lana's talent as a creator of albums that she knows when a song isn't a right fit and only brings it back when it is (yosemite is a perfect example imo– it could have fit LFL but works SO perfectly on COCC). being an artist isn't just about making the work but also knowing how to contextualize that work (within the space of an album, in this case) so that its themes shine most brightly.

aOaIzH2.gif