Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

3 minutes ago, Brooklynbaby said:

Do we think we’re getting an album trailer this era? :mj:

unfortunately no. i assume we would have seen it by now if there was one

54 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

Reveal hidden contents

I can't wait for the rest of the "I miss Born To Die Lana :poordat:" fans to just... GO. I wonder why they're still holding out. She was cute and did what she had to do, but she's never coming back. 

aOaIzH2.gif

Spoiler

the entire unpopular lana opinions thread is full of these people :bebe: it's getting embarrassing at this point 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

Listen I get everyone's disdain for the BTD era, but it's still possible for the sound to be there, just minus the problematic Lolita lyricism. It can work. Personally I'd still LOVE for Lana to delve back into the orchestral genre in the future as I genuinely believe that's where her voice shines the most. Even before I was a hardcore stan, one thing that stood out to me about Lana's voice was how much she sounded like a Disney princess alongside those strings.

Also another thing to grasp: orchestral btd sounds doesn't equate to 'twerking pop music'. The reason I believe why BTD did so well was because although it had some hip hop elements, it was still different to anything that had been released during that time period. The strings were a gamechanger and you can't deny that, no matter how much you dislike BTD. If stans want the orchestral sound, how is that bad? String are fucking gorgeous :um: It's the outdated 'daddy please love me' lyrics that warrants judgment, not the sound itself. 

With all this being said,

Spoiler

COCC is amazing. Yosemite is beautiful. I like to think of it as Wild on You sister track. NATWWAL is an airy and heart breaking tune, and TJF is a song they should def sing in church :w8ing:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

46 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

everybody complaining on twitter about her new "minimalist" style and how they miss the born to die era should listen to tulsa jesus freak & dark but just a game :smokes:

Spoiler

absolutely right. this album has an unmistakable lana vibe. songs like yosemite and wild at heart. which artist would make such songs? she has developed her style, but not lost it. As someone who loves honeymoon and lust for life, I can say: a masterpiece. 

I don't want her to repeat her old successes, but to develop her style further. If she had just repeated this born to die style, she would never have created a masterpiece like "tjf" "yosemite" "dark but just a game" "white dress" ....

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

Spoiler

i listened to the leak when i came across it on *the* site and white dress absolutely wowed me and brought me to tears. also, i was fully expecting tjf to be this sensual, hot, exotic hick bop and i wasn't disappointed in the slightest! gorgeous album altogether. dark but just a game is soo good too, wild at heart makes my heart hurt with the tenderness in the first verse and i loved her use of how to disappear<3 such a good album, i think it'll age better than nfr

1 minute ago, Summerain said:

White dress tomorrow i think

The photo that was uploaded of white dress says a 15 and tomorrow is already 15

Lmao y’all be really thinking this is Taylor Swift :hillary:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

1 hour ago, Poor Stacy said:

Reveal hidden contents

I can't wait for the rest of the "I miss Born To Die Lana :poordat:" fans to just... GO. I wonder why they're still holding out. She was cute and did what she had to do, but she's never coming back. 

aOaIzH2.gif

True. I often find myself having a hard time "connecting" BTD/P with the rest of her discography. Of course there are still obvious parallels and of course this may be because I link that album-era to a personal age-related part of my life. However, I still feel like everything from UV on (including the mess that was LFL) is so different and it's pretty obvious she won't return to that exact sound/vibe anymore. Which is logical, since some of those songs were written/recorded when she was in her early twems and now she's entering her mid-30s.

Only commercial-mainstream artists with a very hollow understanding of what making music means can go for so long without maturing in one way or another.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I am starting to think the BTD only fans are still hanging on becuase she’s still touring with a set list of a ton of those songs. I feel like if she dropped all of those (and keep maybe video games and blue jeans (maybe more of a alt rework on this one)  at most, she’d curate a better fan base for her new evolved iconic style