Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

1 hour ago, kraljicabenzinske said:
  Hide contents

what the hell is with wild at heart?? it sounds like she copied her 4 other songs, it reminds me of Love Song at most parts, the instrumental reminds me of California and The Greatest (I can't really point it out) and the way she's singing at some parts sounds so much like Hope. If this isn't her last album produced by Jack I swear to God-- has it not been ENOUGH

Spoiler

The chorus uses the instrumentals from "how to disappear." I agree that it feels recycled, but the song is cute. I would rather have gotten Dealer instead of this, but the chorus slaps so I'll take what I can get.:bop:

omg its so hard resisting the temptation to click those spoilers and just binge on all the info you guys are discussing :trisha: :trisha: :trisha:

but i feel like the wait will be worth it! hell, i've spent enough fkn money on the preorder :flop: 

Wq9zHLl.jpg

1 hour ago, kraljicabenzinske said:
  Hide contents

what the hell is with wild at heart?? it sounds like she copied her 4 other songs, it reminds me of Love Song at most parts, the instrumental reminds me of California and The Greatest (I can't really point it out) and the way she's singing at some parts sounds so much like Hope. If this isn't her last album produced by Jack I swear to God-- has it not been ENOUGH

Spoiler

The chorus samples How To Disappear

Also when she says I blah blah blah escaped Calabasas went into the yard it literally is in the tone of Hope is a dangerous thing chorus lol

Anyway get into it sis, it's AMAZING. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF I SAID I WOULDNT SING FOR THEM NO MORE? LIKE IF YOU HEARD I WAS OUT IN THE BARS DRINKING JACK AND COKE GOING CRAZY FOR ANYONE WHO WOULD LISTEN TO MY STORIES BABE

Anyway Yosemite is a melancholic love song. It actually wasn''t a fave of mine at first but after a couple listens I loved it

AND WHITE DRESS SLANDER IS BLASPHEMOUS BTW

2 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

omg its so hard resisting the temptation to click those spoilers and just binge on all the info you guys are discussing :trisha: :trisha: :trisha:

but i feel like the wait will be worth it! hell, i've spent enough fkn money on the preorder :flop: 

i'm waiting till the 19th to listen to the album but i did listen to the WD snippet she posted yesterday. you should listen to it. it's life-changing. :makeup2:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

Spoiler

Top 5 rn in no order:

White Dress

Wild At Heart

Yosemite

Dark But Just A Game

Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Chemtrails and TJF are flawless. I need to get into Dance Till We Die more

Anyone else finding it hard to get into the collabs?

3 minutes ago, MidnightAnswer said:
  Hide contents

Top 5 rn in no order:

White Dress

Wild At Heart

Yosemite

Dark But Just A Game

Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Chemtrails and TJF are flawless. I need to get into Dance Till We Die more

Anyone else finding it hard to get into the collabs?

the collabs are the worst songs for me. i literally only like one line of BUS and even tho i love Weyes i dislike her voice on FF 

RVhKIwP.gif

25 minutes ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

i'm waiting till the 19th to listen to the album but i did listen to the WD snippet she posted yesterday. you should listen to it. it's life-changing. :makeup2:

im soooo tempted but i want to be truly surprised after the hell that was NFR's snippet fest :defeated: 

Wq9zHLl.jpg

my question is: realistically, why wasn't lana able to see jack to add finishing touches and perfect the album because of the pandemic? that didn't stop her before when she did a public book signing. lol, I'm only half-joking, but I do think if need be, they could've (?). still I respect her for following COVID guidelines just as I respect her for putting out an album she was "unsure" of, because it is brave to put something out so raw. I agree she could be remaining quiet because the record is so personal and she is tired of being made into a controversial headline, but I do think she's happy with the record, although uncertain of it's reception (after the album cover comments) or whether it's the best possible work she could muster at this time. of course she is happy with it, because if she felt so unhappy with it then we wouldn't be hearing it this Friday. (I'm still a COCC virgin btw - only heard the singles/official snippets/and ofc most of y'alls spoiler tags... can't contain my excitement!)

but no, I really do think the uncertainty of this album will turn out to be something admirable. so what if it has "outtakes" from other eras, so what the tracklist is short? that shouldn't be used as a critique of the album because the album is literally about being lost, (based on titles like NAWWAL and the Mojo interview) she said she wasn't sure where she's going next sonically right? this is a transition period. it sums up the album's theme perfectly imo. the title track Chemtrails is about uncertainty among the normality, the calm before the storm, the beauty in the chaos. considering this album's rollout has been messy and it's being put-out in the middle of a pandemic and conflicted political climate, it FITS. lana is in the eye of the hurricane, but she seems to find love in it (based on Yosemite descriptions). I feel the album is about feeling content in existentialism, contemplating things as complex as God while going to the market.

some people could say this album feels rushed, and I haven't heard it so I can't argue. but wouldn't that be perfectly fitting given the chaotic theme and beauty that can come out of feeling uncertain? the curiosity that drives someone to feel wanderlust is exactly the reason lana didn't change the album. it's been said in this thread a lot and I agree: lana gave us the album she wanted to give us. if she wanted to she could've halted production, delayed the release until jack and her could add dealer and other tracks, but it just wouldn't be the same album. lana has way more control than some of her fans and critics like to believe. 

maybe she wasn't as "quite there" sonically as she said so herself, but that just means in the next album she will be where she wants to be. it's the same reason Yosemite finally found it's home on Chemtrails. lana is always on the run with the wolves, but there's one thing for certain: she leads the pack. I for one am happy to hear the imperfections forged by jack and lana in this album, the Chemtrails looming over the idyllic country club.

(also: even if the theme of Chemtrails wasn't used throughout the album literally, can someone confirm if it's underlying meaning is still clear. my question is: does this album have a clear overall theme after listening and is the title a good fit? I know it's been discussed, but why or why not?)

(also also: the ben dm's are real because I saw a screen recording of them on my timeline, they even clicked on his page and his followers and scrolled and everything.)

42 minutes ago, MidnightAnswer said:
  Hide contents

The chorus samples How To Disappear

Also when she says I blah blah blah escaped Calabasas went into the yard it literally is in the tone of Hope is a dangerous thing chorus lol

Spoiler

i always have the urge to keep singing "but i'm noooot, baby, i'm noooot" after the car crashes part lol

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

18 minutes ago, colacoven said:

(also: even if the theme of Chemtrails wasn't used throughout the album literally, can someone confirm if it's underlying meaning is still clear. my question is: does this album have a clear overall theme after listening and is the title a good fit? I know it's been discussed, but why or why not?)

Spoiler

I personally think the title is a perfect fit. The album is very cohesive and a beautiful examination of that feeling of being all over the place, contemplating your past and wondering where you're going next, but being mostly okay with that confusion. For me, it's a perfect album and each decision was made with intent.

1 hour ago, Aphrodite said:

idk if anyone posted that already, but here is a rough translation i made out of the free part of the article for those who would want to read

Spoiler

LANA DEL REY, A cowgirl with the blues

With COCC, her eight album, LDR gives homage to Laurel Canyon and adventures into the bayou and it's myths. When the diva sees herself as a witch, the beauty(?) isn't far.

Present and absent simultaneously. Eight album since her first, AKA, in 2010, right before BTD boomed, one of the three best selling female albums staying more than 6 years in the Billboard chart. These past 2 years her production intensified : NFR in the summer of 2019, Violet in fall 2020 and now COCC. By publishing a disk a year for the past 10 years, LDR maintains the fans desire while still looking like she is gone from the scene.

Even with a strong Instagram presence where she recites poems on camera and posts pictures of her and her friends and homages, she is rarely touring in Europe, whether it is because of "health issues" or COVID-19. She doesn't talk a lot. In fact, getting an interview for NFR was like a miracle, and our discussion then confirmed us that her first years were very rocky (thanks to the patriarchy working against young women in the industry) that she decided to bring her promotions to the strict minimum, even to none.

For COCC, she has only spoken with MOJO as of yer. 11 tracks where she finds her truest self, while sounding different. She seems like she constantly want to change - her mood - her hair - her face (sometimes)- Even with all of that, she is easily recognizable.  Almost as if she wishes to have the appearance that we are giving are, almost of a saint(?)

What would've thought the philosopher Jean-beaudillard of LDR? Maybe he wouldve hated her, bringing up confusion as of what a true saint is(?). Maybe he would've been intrigued, as he had been once with Madonna, who he mentioned as "real alternate" . Maybe he would have been seduced by the melancholy within Lana, as real as it is and who cannot help but to bring another lecture to this formula of Jean Baudillard "The saint is not what hides the truth - it is the truth that hides that there is none. The saint is real."

do you ever just... gaze at horizons?

original.gif

1 minute ago, whiteroses said:

3 days and i'll be hearing white dress for the first time:hype:

Just listen to WD at least, she promised it and then redacted it so it's what she deserves!

[speed output image]

Then again, that's what I had planned to do but I had no self control lol

2 minutes ago, MidnightAnswer said:

Just listen to WD at least, she promised it and then redacted it so it's what she deserves!

[speed output image]

Then again, that's what I had planned to do but I had no self control lol

girl don't tempt me, if i listen to WD i'll end up listening to the whole album:ma:

also on another note, my vinyl from hmv has just been dispatched yup yup yup, the superior cover

so i gave in and listened to the album on Sunday

Spoiler

at first listen, i really liked the first half of the album, but there weren't any songs in the second half that stood out for me. HOWEVER i listened to it several times since then (i'm listening to it rn, it's been on loop for days technically) and i'm getting more and more into it. i think i needed a little time to kinda slow down and get deeper into it bc recently i've been into music that's fast(er) paced and not this introspective. 

my top 5 are white dress, yosemite, tulsa jesus freak, not all who wander are lost and dark but just a game, the ones that i like the least are lmlylaw, dance till we die and wild at heart.

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

y'all i-

i think WD was one that could've been done in maybe one or two takes. like some of her UV stuff. i think the vape showing up is kind of the point of it being left in there-- showing it's literally a one off one take that didn't need editing. the vape is annoying but i just realized it sounds like shes doing a live take on that track with it being there

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

37 minutes ago, Brooklynbaby said:

I keep going back to the white dress snippet I love it I can’t wait to hear it in full :lange:

me too bestie, me too. it's so lush and addicting. i cant wait to hear what the full song is gonna sound like. :trisha:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

7 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

y'all i-

Reveal hidden contents

i think WD was one that could've been done in maybe one or two takes. like some of her UV stuff. i think the vape showing up is kind of the point of it being left in there-- showing it's literally a one off one take that didn't need editing. the vape is annoying but i just realized it sounds like shes doing a live take on that track with it being there

You’re right! I think in the Music Week interview it says 

Spoiler

WD was created on the spot, and remained mostly unedited except for vocal layering. I haven’t heard it in full yet, but the fact that it came out naturally means it’s automatically a top tier Lana track