Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

4 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

About the original cover of Chemtrails... In a couple of albums, it will probably become low-key iconic because it is so ugly compared to the rest of her discography :oic2:

Iconic for all the wrong reasons ?:awk: 

It has actually grown on me to be honest I absolutely hated it at first but I don’t really mind it now, I don’t love it but Lana likes it and that’s the main thing it is her art after all  :xcry:

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

Listening to Violet now as a primer, I listened to it so much over the summer I have most parts memorized :eek2:

(no choice but to shout “F*CK THE NEW YORK POST”)

also:

”like a pheonix 

like a CHEMTRAIL

like a wavelength no one’s claiming”

:brows:

also also:

WHO IS JOE?!!!!! do we think this was actually Sean?

mentioned in HTD, Never to Heaven, aaaaand...

Spoiler

Wild at Heart

12 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

Listening to Violet now as a primer, I listened to it so much over the summer I have most parts memorized :eek2:

(no choice but to shout “F*CK THE NEW YORK POST”)

also:

”like a pheonix 

like a CHEMTRAIL

like a wavelength no one’s claiming”

:brows:

also also:

WHO IS JOE?!!!!! do we think this was actually Sean?

mentioned in HTD, Never to Heaven, aaaaand...

Hide contents

Wild at Heart

Spoiler

Isn’t he that boxer? Cause she said CG and HTD were inspired by her trip to Boston which was around the time everyone was harassing that boxer/fighter guy on Instagram :rip: 

im gonna be one of those people and say i appreciate the cover now for how half assed it is. i just find it funny and also charming in a way. but i also think it was definitely lana’s idea, so it being straight from lana herself without having help from a graphic designer adds to the charm too

5 minutes ago, never for ever said:

im gonna be one of those people and say i appreciate the cover now for how half assed it is. i just find it funny and also charming in a way. but i also think it was definitely lana’s idea, so it being straight from lana herself without having help from a graphic designer adds to the charm too

Listen, I'm with you

I never had a problem with the cover. I see Lana smiling being all happy in the moment. And it was captured. I think the cover is pure sweetness and love. :kiss3:

Drag me ladies. 

Just now, Lentilus said:

Listen, I'm with you

I never had a problem with the cover. I see Lana smiling being all happy in the moment. And it was captured. I think the cover is pure sweetness and love. :kiss3:

Drag me ladies. 

I hated it at first, then felt like this, and now have switched back to hating it in favor of the alternate cover because of how well it would have fit 

3 minutes ago, never for ever said:

I agree with all of this, I've grown to really like the cover actually and I really love the font

Unfortunately I still hate the cover and I think I'll hate it forever also I have the feeling that I'll actually hate it even more after I listened to the album since from your songs descriptions the alternate one seems to fit better (and it's also executed better)... I like the font, tho

Lanarat.png

25 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:
  Hide contents

Isn’t he that boxer? Cause she said CG and HTD were inspired by her trip to Boston which was around the time everyone was harassing that boxer/fighter guy on Instagram :rip: 

OooOoH that makes sense, forgot about him whoopsie

Spoiler

vape part in white dress makes this song even more personal to be honest. when i heard it, i was like :krylie: alright, this girl is singing right from her heart and is telling us a story, but she takes a little break between a chorus and second verse, vapes, and continues with a story. I LOVE HER:trisha: im glad that i listened to white dress, tjf, dark but just a game only 3 times and the rest once. its going to be such a different experience :ma:

LANA DEL REY DID THAT. CHEMTRAILS IS A PEAK OF HER DISCOGRAPHY. PERIODT. 

lana-del-rey-arcadia.gif

I love the standard cover because it's almost begging you to hate it. It's weirdly camp and definitely serving '50s housewife realness. Seeing people meltdown on IG about it regarding ~diversity~ also had me laughing for days. Lana being as inarticulate as ever in her response did not help, but... it's a mood.

And the vape in White Dress is one of the highlights of the song. It's almost disorienting when you first hear it.

8 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

I love the standard cover because it's almost begging you to hate it. It's weirdly camp and definitely serving '50s housewife realness. Seeing people meltdown on IG about it regarding ~diversity~ also had me laughing for days. Lana being as inarticulate as ever in her response did not help, but... it's a mood.

And the vape in White Dress is one of the highlights of the song. It's almost disorienting when you first hear it. 

Spoiler

A vape??? GURL PLS SPOILERS I HAVEN'T LISTENED TO WHITE DRESS YET :crying5:

Gangster Nancy Sinatra
"And I want revenge"

Just now, CyberCherry said:

A vape??? GURL PLS SPOILERS I HAVEN'T LISTENED TO WHITE DRESS YET :crying5:

Don't worry babe, I've listened to the song tons of times and  still haven't heard that damn vape.

tbh I don't even know what a vape sounds like so I could literally mistake it for one of Jack's bongos or whataver and I would be like yaaaaas production!

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains