Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

1 hour ago, yourolllikethunder said:

Listening to Violet now as a primer, I listened to it so much over the summer I have most parts memorized :eek2:

(no choice but to shout “F*CK THE NEW YORK POST”)

also:

”like a pheonix 

like a CHEMTRAIL

like a wavelength no one’s claiming”

:brows:

also also:

WHO IS JOE?!!!!! do we think this was actually Sean?

mentioned in HTD, Never to Heaven, aaaaand...

Hide contents

Wild at Heart

Spoiler

i wonder if she doesn't just use "Joe" (and even "Josiah" in one violet poem) to stand in for whatever male figure she's writing about– that way she can preserve more boundaries for herself around her personal life and fame but still address these figures in her writing when she feels the want to.

aOaIzH2.gif

Just now, Poor Stacy said:

Hide contents

And the vape in White Dress is one of the highlights of the song. It's almost disorienting when you first hear it.

Spoiler

Agree. It sounds as the song itself, its atmosphere is getting burnt, and thats such a genius touch!

32 minutes ago, JehovahThikness said:
  Hide contents

also if NFR didn’t have VB in it then I probably would prefer COCC over it :blush3:

Spoiler

ya i think NFR having big in your face moments like VB, The greatest and maybe even MAC/Title track makes it so hard to top on first listen,  but i also think the lows on NFR are lower than anything on COCC (love song - sorta just like lana-ism word salad thats a sweet song but very meh to me, bartender, TNBAR - two songs i love on their own but did not need to be on NFR)

16 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:
  Hide contents

ya i think NFR having big in your face moments like VB, The greatest and maybe even MAC/Title track makes it so hard to top on first listen,  but i also think the lows on NFR are lower than anything on COCC (love song - sorta just like lana-ism word salad thats a sweet song but very meh to me, bartender, TNBAR - two songs i love on their own but did not need to be on NFR)

Yup I get this so much, especially since some lyrics on NFR are kinda questionable. Overall I think COCC is much more cohesive but

more subtle than NFR. No cringy lyrics on COCC other than it’s just wanderlust

:toofunny: Kinda like UV vs HM 

sgopYhV.gif

Is it cool if I share here a new cover I did for the album? I still don't like the original, but this pic felt like a better (unused) choice:

lana-del-rey-chemtrails-over-the-country

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

I think if White Dress didn't rival Venice Bitch for me it'd be harder to say COCC is better than NFR, but COCC has more of a consistent mood, and it's easier to listen to in full for me than NFR. So while Venice Bitch might be my favorite song of Lana's ever (along w/ West Coast, ofc), I think COCC might be my favorite album altogether.

35 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Is it cool if I share here a new cover I did for the album? I still don't like the original, but this pic felt like a better (unused) choice:

lana-del-rey-chemtrails-over-the-country

I love this so much. The big dirty american truck, Chemtrails in the sky, the folky carpet dress with those damn beautiful shoes, your font, actually why is this not the actual cover fr wow

i like the group shot cover but this just threw the wispy Krug shot off that cliff

3 minutes ago, UltraviolenceMike said:

I have a question. Where can I read the music week interview and do I have no choice but to pay for it?

I think someone posted a link to it a few pages back on the music week thread you just have to download it :twirls:

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

i was so excited to hear this album because of how tangled its creating process seemed to be with nfr - would one of the albums be clearly better than the other?

and for the longest time it's been so hard to rank lanas albums because all of them have had like two/three truly incredible songs and that did not change after cocc :hooker:

like for nfr the big moments were venice bitch & the greatest, for cocc definitely white dress and maybe the title track (i need a few more listens before i can say for sure)

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

Spoiler

I love her connecting her poems to even this album!

In LA Who Am I To Love You she mentions she left San Francisco, and she repeats that in DTWD 

"Don’t forget me"