Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

16 minutes ago, Volta said:
  Hide contents

The way the entire album has been on YouTube for more than seven hours :rip:

So ridiculous. I've been giving her team the benefit of the doubt this entire time, but they really fucking suck. Anyone else's team would have had that snatched down in a second. They're not even trying this era. And now she's losing 24 hrs of streams because of it.

1 hour ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

Ooooh. Hard one!

the greatest, California, Venice bitch and mariners

With those as your favorites, you'll definitely love the album.

Spoiler

I don't get how anyone can dislike White Dress and Lana's vocals on it. It's such a beautiful song. It's so raw and emotional. And it feels fresh for Lana. Something we haven't heard from her yet. A true highlight from the album and for her entire career. 

30 minutes ago, Volta said:
  Hide contents

The way the entire album has been on YouTube for more than seven hours :rip:

Jesus... This release is being a complete nightmare. :bye3:

hey besties it's 1 am where i live i can't sleep someone knock me out anyways in the meantime i'm very excited for chemtrails and there's basically 23 hours until i have her in my warm loving embrace and we can dance all night long and lay and look at each other tenderly. im very excited for the white dress video as well which maybe will come out at 12 pm on friday and even if its 90s stupid weird ballad kitsch im okay with it because it means the album is ifnally here. i never thought this day would come i remember on jan 11th feeling like this was so far away and that i would never ever get here and waiting for the 19th in a way kept me going but anyways i can't wait for tomorrow... tonight... soon less than 23 hours because even if its a worldwide release or a local release i'll get it at the same time all my EST besties stay winning or losing depending on how you look at it

i know this is an incoherent mess but again i repeat im tired i've been trying to sleep for a long time i want to go to bed. maybe the chemtrails are just calling my name

sUcVobB.png

It’s beautiful how this deep normality settles down over me

Baby what of it

Late night TV, I want you to hold me like when we were kids under chemtrails at the country club 

I feel like I forgot one but I feel confident about these

:icant: 6 more hours until I can listen to this legendary masterpiece   :icant:
my boyfriend and my neighbors are going to hate me for playing this at midnight

Gangster Nancy Sinatra
"And I want revenge"

6 hours ago, honeybadger said:

i forget who here lives in NZ but you WILL be telling us if it comes out local time

I will bestie :hype:

Gangster Nancy Sinatra
"And I want revenge"

created an account to gush about COCC, here we go

Spoiler

White Dress might genuinely be my favorite Lana song now, and it is hands down my fav opener. The spare instrumentation, higher register vocals, weighty subject matter... it's just so deeply felt, nostalgic and regretful and proud. I do wish it were more emblematic of the album (in that what followed sounded more like it lol) but the whole album is really good. I had kind of tempered my expectations after LMLYLAW and the generally more muted hype this cycle, so the album definitely met/exceeded whatever I'd hoped it would be. I think Breaking Up Slowly and For Free are probably her best collabs so far. I've never been too big on Lana's beat-driven, trip-hop inspired tracks (outside of Freak), but Dark But Just a Game is probably the best she's ever done it. And I know a lot of people here love Wild at Heart, but I'm still getting over the How to Disappear instrumentation, feels totally out of place to me. Hoping that passes soon lol

7 minutes ago, kiss kiss said:

Hide contents

White Dress might genuinely be my favorite Lana song now, and it is hands down my fav opener. The spare instrumentation, higher register vocals, weighty subject matter... it's just so deeply felt, nostalgic and regretful and proud. I do wish it were more emblematic of the album (in that what followed sounded more like it lol) but the whole album is really good. I had kind of tempered my expectations after LMLYLAW and the generally more muted hype this cycle, so the album definitely met/exceeded whatever I'd hoped it would be. I think Breaking Up Slowly and For Free are probably her best collabs so far. I've never been too big on Lana's beat-driven, trip-hop inspired tracks (outside of Freak), but Dark But Just a Game is probably the best she's ever done it. And I know a lot of people here love Wild at Heart, but I'm still getting over the How to Disappear instrumentation, feels totally out of place to me. Hoping that passes soon lol

Welcome :kiss2:

11 minutes ago, kiss kiss said:

Reveal hidden contents

Welcome!! :wave2:

Gangster Nancy Sinatra
"And I want revenge"

2 minutes ago, Br00klynbaby said:

just got the email saying my red chemtrails vinyl will be coming today im so excited 

Me too!! :party:

Gangster Nancy Sinatra
"And I want revenge"

3 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

Less than 24 hrs til I get to listen to COCC again we get to listen to COCC together! :clapback: :wub:

IT'S BEEN A LONG SEVEN DAYS OF ABSTINENCE :poordat:

sending you a hug rn, I can't wait to finally discuss w/o spoilers :crying5:

Gangster Nancy Sinatra
"And I want revenge"

17 minutes ago, CyberCherry said:

Welcome!! :wave2:

21 minutes ago, COCC said:

Welcome :kiss2:

Thank you!! :heart:

the other board I’m on is very polarized re: Lana, happy to find a space like this where we’re all stans lol

7 minutes ago, kiss kiss said:

Thank you!! :heart:

the other board I’m on is very polarized re: Lana, happy to find a space like this where we’re all stans lol

Same. I'm so tired of people calling her a racist on other forums. They won't talk about the music, and I think it's crazy when COCC is so good.

3 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

Same. I'm so tired of people calling her a racist on other forums. They won't talk about the music, and I think it's crazy when COCC is so good.

People just do not do any research anymore, if they did the bare minimum they would find and conclude that Lana is definitely not racist lmao. It's honestly sad and scary that people will believe a statement so quickly without any evidence of it at all, I might be tripping but I feel like this problem is getting worse and will unfortunately continue to do so  

Gangster Nancy Sinatra
"And I want revenge"