Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

1 minute ago, Lustformoney said:

what if nothing happens at midnight est? :bye: we've been fooled too many times

Then listen to the leaks bestie. The vinyls have already gotten into some stans hands anyway :sass:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

As she should be! I would be too! :lanasrs2: imagine being in the game for 10+ years, putting your life and love out there more vulnerably than what is considered socially acceptable in the music industry, being ridiculed for it for 7 years, and then finally be respected for your work only to later have it discredited as a mere “costume”.

I feel like reviewers say tactless shit like this all the time in efforts to sound intelligent or to have what they would consider a “thought-provoking opinion” when in reality it reads as pretentious and rude. ;( 

Agreed! I also think they're trying to justify their previous treatment of her, implying that it's okay that she was ridiculed for years because she wasn't authentic back then, but now that she's finally "found herself" she's earned their respect or something. It's ridiculous. 

4 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

what if nothing happens at midnight est? :bye: we've been fooled so many times so i can really see this happening

omfg I can see this happening. Final nail in the pre release coffin :toofunny:

You should come over 

giphy.gif

If the release date is the 19th why does Apple music say 21st?

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

4 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Agreed! I also think they're trying to justify their previous treatment of her, implying that it's okay that she was ridiculed for years because she wasn't authentic back then, but now that she's finally "found herself" she's earned their respect or something. It's ridiculous. 

Ugh, yes! I firmly believe it’s rooted in misogyny, even though in the past I know Lana has said she believes it’s not, noting that women have discredited her too, but I think those women also have internalized misogyny. I have never seen a male artist’s authenticity questioned. Period. People get too wrapped up in the looks of things and never want to look any further than what strikes them instinctually. And sometimes that comes in handy in situations of danger, but in this case it does not. I am beyond happy that Chemtrails is being met with positive reviews, but it’s so easy to see through them. They love her, and then they hate her/hate on previous endeavours of her. Luckily she sees through it all, though! 

https://www.showbiz411.com/2021/03/18/popped-justin-biebers-justice-album-drops-tonight-after-last-single-bombs-pre-sales-are-anemic

The album is having anemic pre-sales, currently sitting at number 89 on Amazon.com among all CDs and vinyl. I was surprised. By now it should have been in the top 10 at least.“

Maybe she can beat Justin? (I know it won‘t happen, but let me dream :flutter:)

3 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Ugh, yes! I firmly believe it’s rooted in misogyny, even though in the past I know Lana has said she believes it’s not, noting that women have discredited her too, but I think those women also have internalized misogyny. I have never seen a male artist’s authenticity questioned. Period. People get too wrapped up in the looks of things and never want to look any further than what strikes them instinctually. And sometimes that comes in handy in situations of danger, but in this case it does not. I am beyond happy that Chemtrails is being met with positive reviews, but it’s so easy to see through them. They love her, and then they hate her/hate on previous endeavours of her. Luckily she sees through it all, though! 

Oh for sure! Lana would never have been treated the way she's treated if she were a man.

And you're right, she does see right through it all! Even when they can't deny the music, a lot of them still aren't rooting for her and it shows.

29 minutes ago, COCC said:

https://www.showbiz411.com/2021/03/18/popped-justin-biebers-justice-album-drops-tonight-after-last-single-bombs-pre-sales-are-anemic

The album is having anemic pre-sales, currently sitting at number 89 on Amazon.com among all CDs and vinyl. I was surprised. By now it should have been in the top 10 at least.“

Maybe she can beat Justin? (I know it won‘t happen, but let me dream :flutter:)

the article also mentioned Lana, saying her album is competing with his and that Chemtrails is a “tour de force” so we know who’s side showbiz 411 is on :fabcat: