Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

11 minutes ago, Redhydrangeas99 said:

My last post on the Chemtrails pre-release thread, I love u guys:crai:

same, im going to sleep right now. love you all, thank you for these almost 10 months, i will never forgive our meltdowns and im hoping for that much fun again in LDR8 Pre-Release. :ma: see yall in post-release! 

Spoiler

we should stay that close to jesus today. :sass:

lana-del-rey-arcadia.gif

13 minutes ago, Roll With me said:

Am I the only one thinking that the picture Chuck just posted with Lana, Zella Day, Weyes Blood, Charlie, Nikki Lane, Chuck and a few other people I don't know should have been the album cover? Like it really is close to the album cover that we got but like... WAY BETTER

Edit: did she perhaps choose this as the album cover but scrapped it because everyone's Caucasian (or so it seems)?

Imagine that picture as the cover with WHITE HOT FOREVER as the title :lmao:

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

It will be interesting to see which direction Lana goes for her next album. I can imagine Lana's frustration and irritation after hearing her previous albums described as nothing but "costumes". That must fucking hurt, and we know how sensitive Lana is. Although she is probably extremely proud of the positive reviews for NFR and COCC, i expect she is quietly hating them for it too. She even made a slight dig at Norman by saying "I knew they'd love it, because there's nothing to dislike" or something like that, labeling it as just "cool". It feels like she is basically calling it plain and admitting that she was holding back. Now that she has the critics by the balls, it would be iconic for her to make her next album a lot more edgy, daring and controversial again, the way she was before Lust for Life. I wonder if she is curious to witness the outcome if she went back down the Born to Die, AKA, UV route again. I can imagine she must be. Would the critics and general public take her seriously once and for all, in her truest form, making the art that she loves? Or will they go back to calling her names again?

I hope she goes back to being a little more crazy and spontaneous after this record. Her first three albums were so vastly different. Born to Die was totally original, then she confused everyone by suddenly turning to a grungier rock album, and then we got this 1940s, lynchy, jazzy record. It was all so iconic.

For me it's BTD/UV/HM (stories of her past) - and then the second half of her story is LFL/NFR/COCC (stories of her future/who she wants to become)

So i hope she enters a full new phase now with something totally and completely fresh

Manifesting

17 minutes ago, Roll With me said:

Am I the only one thinking that the picture Chuck just posted with Lana, Zella Day, Weyes Blood, Charlie, Nikki Lane, Chuck and a few other people I don't know should have been the album cover? Like it really is close to the album cover that we got but like... WAY BETTER

Edit: did she perhaps choose this as the album cover but scrapped it because everyone's Caucasian (or so it seems)?

Considering the album is about all these people and features them in some way, I'm accepting this as my new headcanon, it just makes too much sense, AND is just an infinitely better picture than what they went with.

50 minutes ago, SouthInGuy said:

I need a deluxe version of this album with extra tracks. The whole thing is so beautiful it's just too short and I want more. :crai:

I get that! And yet, it’s super cohesive... I am super curious about Dealer, but maybe it would have felt out of ´place?

10 minutes ago, War In My Mind said:

so question for the culture

Reveal hidden contents

does she say insta POTS or insta THOTS?

Maybe it's "insta thoughts" referring to her posts on instagram (either about poetry.....or even the OG question for the culture, LMAO)

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

It will be interesting to see which direction Lana goes for her next album. I can imagine Lana's frustration and irritation after hearing her previous albums described as nothing but "costumes". That must fucking hurt, and we know how sensitive Lana is. Although she is probably extremely proud of the positive reviews for NFR and COCC, i expect she is quietly hating them for it too. She even made a slight dig at Norman by saying "I knew they'd love it, because there's nothing to dislike" or something like that, labeling it as just "cool". It feels like she is basically calling it plain and admitting that she was holding back. Now that she has the critics by the balls, it would be iconic for her to make her next album a lot more edgy, daring and controversial again, the way she was before Lust for Life. I wonder if she is curious to witness the outcome if she went back down the Born to Die, AKA, UV route again. I can imagine she must be. Would the critics and general public take her seriously once and for all, in her truest form, making the art that she loves? Or will they go back to calling her names again?

I hope she goes back to being a little more crazy and spontaneous after this record. Her first three albums were so vastly different. Born to Die was totally original, then she confused everyone by suddenly turning to a grungier rock album, and then we got this 1940s, lynchy, jazzy record. It was all so iconic.

For me it's BTD/UV/HM (stories of her past) - and then the second half of her story is LFL/NFR/COCC (stories of her future/who she wants to become)

So i hope she enters a full new phase now with something totally and completely fresh

Totally agree with you on the cycles of the albums! Chemtrails does feel like the ending point begun with LFL. And the next album could be the starting point of a new cycle!!

i'm gonna nap/sleep and wake up 5 mins before at 3:55am (hopefully - if not then my alarm didn't wake me up, flop...)

see y'all in the post-release thread omg cocc is coming:hype:

38 minutes ago, Roll With me said:

(Sorry if someone already said this, I haven’t caught up w the thread yet) I think this was supposed to be the album cover when it was still called White Hot Forever; when she changed the title it’s obvious this picture doesn’t have the opulence of country clubs so I think that’s why she chose the one we have now, because like you said it is really similar 

edit: I think the alt artwork we have with the red vinyl from Neil was maybe gonna be single artwork for White Dress?

edit 2: makes sense why there’s beige/yellow etc variants that otherwise don’t match the official cover, since this shoot was in sepia

Edited by Sugar Venom

UbsOye5.png

Out of nowhere I've had LMLYLAW stuck in my head so I listened to the live snl version and even though that's not the album version I'm so excited for the release again!

Nothing's on Spotify in Australia yet but I just can't wait to listen to the whole thing from start to finish! Since Ultraviolence I've always tried to have the first (released :shh2:) listen in a nice environment so I think I'll sit in the garden with some iced tea and i pray to God my neighbours noisy kids let me have that moment :pray2: