Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

anyone who thinks LFL is her worst album is immature. hate to break it to ya

anyone who says this is corny. Imagine thinking Coachella and the other cheap trap songs are some of Lana’s best material

i agree. i don't think she has a WORST album at all

i never understand the hate for LFL tbh.

compared to other artists, it's great

also i think it is cohesive. what i don't like about it, it's the production of coachella + god bless america. she could have done better there's a fan remix in youtube 

this one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J81HW83AK1k

and it is so much better than the original, i could have been a great outro

i don't like summer bummer and in my feelings. and i don't like the asap parts in groupie love

but overall it's a great album. i know an album is great when i can't decide my favorite song from it. and i think it's her best lyrics album and i like the aesthetic too

and to add. she's never done a fully cohesive album excpet born to die + honeymoon

old money and black beauty are not sonically cohesive with UV

TNBAR and hope are not sonically cohesive with NFR

Yayo it's not cohesive with paradise...i looked for serene queen on youtube and did not find it

i and i looked for it on soundcloud and didn't find it too

did her team remove it?

is she going to re-produce it and release it on the next record?

an album being cohesive ≠ all the songs sounding exactly the same. the songs you mentioned DO have sonic ties to their respective albums. just cause hope is a barebones piano track doesn't mean it doesn't fit in with the rest of the tracks on NFR.

giphy.gif

So here's a quick little moodboard I made for COCC :teehee:

Obviously it's not the best and we don't have much to base the aesthetics off of, but I tried to include a lot of things we have already. Chemtrails = planes. Palm trees = LA etc.

I would like to think lilac/blue with peach is a good pairing for a color scheme, I think it's very summery and soft. I added the typed words because of her poetry.

4CziaFl.jpg

looooove this. lana needs to hire you STAT.

let me be who i'm meant to be

I actually think Lust for Life is a lot more cohesive than people give it credit for. The "lack of cohesion" and the changing vibes is the message of the album for me. It's about a woman who doesn't really know who she is or where her place in the world is, but her desire for happiness has her following different paths and people with the hope of finding something real to hold onto, but her approach relies too heavily on others. Halfway through the album she starts to think on a larger scale and slowly but surely reaches a point by the end of the album where she's learned enough about herself and her lust for life to move down a new path, out of the black and into the blue.

I just know she'll snatch our wigs with this, as she usually do.

If she bring us some UV tea, i'm into it.

8fTlgRN.gif

original.gif

Called BtD cracking decade lists when they realized how influential it was (thanks Prof. Hartman). Predicted UV getting the re-evaluation from critics. Predicted L4L would be her first album with positive reviews to get a re-eval. I predicted the Grammy nom and everything and she had all the buzz I predicted and blah, blah, I'm modest.

Definitely think that this title is biting af, and I'm here for it. NFR's title was the same way, and country clubs being so tied to Trump (and bringing up chemtrails) is room for total satire that is right up there with Lizzy's themes and such. 

That's all.  :smokes4:

She knows y'all gonna abbreviate. She's literally fuckin' with you and I love it. 

WHF was not in any way a good title and it would have been a death sentence to release an album with such a title now

I agree WHF wasn't a good title, but this one also isn't.

Do you mean that the title would be a death sentence cause it could be understood in a racist way? Like Lana talking about white power or something?

i am nothing and should be everything

Maxthehitman, YOUR SIGNATURE, ohmygod, it's giving me life!  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  

Anyway, I'm trying to think how, in Lana's mind, BTD sounds like Honeymoon...? Maybe it's nothing deeper than they're both about being glamorous and depressed?  :um2:

I think, if Jack is involved, COCC may sound a lot like NFR. However, if Lana is as pissed off as her recent posts would suggest, I think/hope it might sound like NFR without a filter, not worrying about whether critics will like it. And that's really exciting.  :die:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

I'm kind of nervous for this album. It could either be iconic and have us going "she snapped" or be slightly boring and lackluster. I have faith in her though.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I'm kind of nervous for this album. It could either be iconic and have us going "she snapped" or be slightly boring and lackluster. I have faith in her though.

so ultraviolence or NFR?

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

Imagine thinking Chemtrails Over The Country Club means something about white power when in reality it’s about our political leaders and upper class population finally being forced to acknowledge and act on climate change

Imagine thinking Chemtrails Over The Country Club means something about white power when in reality it’s about our political leaders and upper class population finally being forced to acknowledge and act on climate change

I asked if White Hot Forever was considered a wrong title due to racist connotations, not Chemtrails Over The Country Club. Learn to read please before you act all smug.

Also I am not American so it's not clear to me what is the significance of the country club. I consider chemtrails a psycho conspiracy theory, so it's very likely that I am missing the meaning of the title. Not in the way that you suggested though.

i am nothing and should be everything

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...