Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Another year, another thread full of posts calling for Lana to bring back the worst, most shallow and immature aspects of her music, while at the same time calling NFR ''generic''. You can't make this shit up.

Anyways, this isn't dropping on September 5th because that's Saturday. She was most likely talking out of her ass, without consulting with Interscope.

I was listening to ultra violence today and it’s soo woozy as an album such a great record but very distorted and odd.theres tons of instruments but none are discernible or sharp they kinda blend together into this dreamy landscape and for a rock oriented record the guitars aren’t always in the forefront.money power glory and fmwupt are prime examples of this.

God damn chemtrail

You poisoned me so good that I almost said I love Trump.

Self loathing golfer, resident beachwood canyon , know it all

You talk to the horse, when the country club gets bored of you

now why is this good

I accept no opinions or desires for this album from ppl who didnt like NFR. Sorry sweetiez. I’ve been a Lana fan since BEFORE btd came out and NFR is still my fav.

(Fighting with my racist family has me feeling fiery srry)

God damn chemtrail

You poisoned me so good that I almost said I love Trump.

Self loathing golfer, resident beachwood canyon , know it all

You talk to the horse, when the country club gets bored of you

god damn chemtrail  :crying5:   :blush3:

I would LOVEEE for Lana to cover this track. It’s so heart wrenching and powerful I could hear her voice at this moment singing the lyrics. Also, can we acknowledge Wait For Life as her most underrated track? It evokes so many emotions for me personally and I would enjoy it to be my funeral song.

giphy.gif

Well produced music is the worst, most shallow, and immature aspect you can think of? Well shit.

Yeah dude, like properly recorded and mastered balanced and atmospheric instrumentation and vocals are the absolute worst and most shallow aspects about Lana's albums pre-NFR. Don't you know?

Let's hope that on COCC Lana dives back into that. I looove shallow music.

Having this album on the verge of being cancelled or postponed by the recent events has me thinking that maybe she shouldn't have announced it this early, and mostly at this chaotic month we're living. Would love to hear it, and hoping it has some kind of bass this time instead of rehash Born to Die beats as seen in Cinnamon Girl. Norman fucking Rockwell was a lovely album, yet it was a tender bore in some tracks. Lana should re-evaluate her sound and ask herself 'Is this as good as it gets?' because it seems she'll never reach peaks. So excited for COCC! I'm sure it'll be exquisite.

???, ?????????

Unlike with L4L, NFR and VBBOTG she seems to really feel an urge to get CoCc and this other poetry nonsense out there asap. So I foubt that it will be postponed unless she'll do another 180° change of mind

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

First single better be like: High by the chems

Also, I wonder if she’s channeling the twenties music in her new record, as if the country clubs were peaked in twenties

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

First single better be like: High by the chems

Also, I wonder if she’s channeling the twenties music in her new record, as if the country clubs were peaked in twenties

Omg imagine we did get kind of a 20s jazzy boogie-woogie type sound.... a dream. And music videos in the style of silent films and Lana with a 20s look.... I wish she’d do something like that eventually.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

war flashbacks

did we ever find out whether that meant the beginning or the end of the year? still seems to be a mystery

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Chemtrails Over the Country Club

Just my own track listing I made up and the overall vibe I get from the title alone

1. Vaping Under the Pale Moonlight (this is a joke-y title, don't take it seriously lol)

2. Slim Aarons

3. Cyanide Sirens - A Call to Arms

5. Dead Poets Society

6. Nuclear Heart

7. Poolside

8. Gold Sharks Glittering

9. Everything I Do

10. War News on the Radio

11. Chemtrails Over the Country Club

12. Things Money Can't Buy

13. Drinks by the Waimea Bay

14. Yellow Brick Road - Marigolds Pave the Way

15. The Bell Jar

16. Signing Off - God Bless and Fuck Off

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I think she’s kinda lost her spark tbh. Her other albums are so unique and powerful. No one but Lana Del Rey could make an album like Ultraviolence, for example.

Meanwhile NFR was just so plain, generic. Tbh I find it boring. I understand she’s matured and it would ridiculous to expect her to just do one thing her whole career. She was a troubled young woman during her early career and her music reflected that, now she’s calmed down a lot, and the music reflects that too.

Overall I agree with you BUT I just wanna say I feel like she did calm down a lot since 2016/17 but lately she's been in a more troubled phase again - thinking of the mother's day posts and everything... they weren't dramatic to the world but for a family that's a REALLY bad thing to happen. And she's writing about Slyvia Plath so much and how she relates to her. That doesn't really sound happy to me. I think something's troubling her again.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible