Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Chemtrails Over the Country Club

Just my own track listing I made up and the overall vibe I get from the title alone

1. Vaping Under the Pale Moonlight (this is a joke-y title, don't take it seriously lol)

2. Slim Aarons

3. Cyanide Sirens - A Call to Arms

5. Dead Poets Society

6. Nuclear Heart

7. Poolside

8. Gold Sharks Glittering

9. Everything I Do

10. War News on the Radio

11. Chemtrails Over the Country Club

12. Things Money Can't Buy

13. Drinks by the Waimea Bay

14. Yellow Brick Road - Marigolds Pave the Way

15. The Bell Jar

16. Signing Off - God Bless and Fuck Off

Jesus christ, that last one. I wouldn't put her past it  :toofunny:

Overall I agree with you BUT I just wanna say I feel like she did calm down a lot since 2016/17 but lately she's been in a more troubled phase again - thinking of the mother's day posts and everything... they weren't dramatic to the world but for a family that's a REALLY bad thing to happen. And she's writing about Slyvia Plath so much and how she relates to her. That doesn't really sound happy to me. I think something's troubling her again.

yeah I would agree.

The twitter hype and the public hate is kind of overshadowing it, but she definitely doesn’t not seem okay. Like you said, the allusions you’re Plath and the (possible) reveal of time in a mental hospital are not comforting. Also, yeah her mother’s day post was kind of off, so she clearly has issues with her mother. And then drugs, alcohol, depression, and shitty men seem to be a recurring thing in her life. And last we heard she had just broken up with sean...

I said in another thread I suspect she might be having a “mid life crisis” (that term makes me cringe but it’s the only one I can think of). She wanted to be married and be a mother by now, and tbh she’s nowhere near there. So I think she’s definitely taking things hard.

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

It's kind of depressing that we will spend three months talking about our hopes for an angry electric-guitar driven album with beautiful retro-inspired imagery just to be told the album is delayed, that Jack produced a watered-down NFR with the same type of lyrics, for critics to drag her through the mud, and for Chuck to be let out of her cage to splice together her inevitable "graphic design is my passion" attempt at a photoshoot. 

It's kind of depressing that we will spend three months talking about our hopes for an angry electric-guitar driven album with beautiful retro-inspired imagery just to be told the album is delayed, that Jack produced a watered-down NFR with the same type of lyrics, for critics to drag her through the mud, and for Chuck to be let out of her cage to splice together her inevitable "graphic design is my passion" attempt at a photoshoot. 

literally my worst nightmare

If it doesn't end with a Lana (not Lizzy) cover of End of The World by Skeeter Davis that would be a missed oppurtunity

Wow I was listening to this one some hours ago

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I'm going to hell for laughing so hard at this

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

wasn't NFR already a watered down version of both 'Honeymoon' and 'Ultraviolence'?  :creep:

jk don't come for me... or do whatchu want

I don't know if you guys are familiar with Skinshape and Khruangbin, but that sound palette is definitely the path Lana should take with this new album. I'm just daydreaming and high but it'd feel like such a natural evolution from NFR.

I don't think her work stinks, I like the stuff she has made for other people, but when it comes to do something with Lana, idk, something's off.

To be quite honest, I don't have particularly high expectations for COCC's visuals (and for any future Lana records if I'm being honest too), but I just hope that we get somewhat better album covers than what we had on 'LFL' and 'NFR'.

On the first, the pose was weird and awkward, her creepy smile and stiff pose were throwing me off. She legit looked like a cardboard version of herself plastered in front of that car. On the latter, while I thought the pose and painted blue skies were cute, the colour tones/palette of the whole thing as well as that font were downright ugly. Some of the elements were fine on their own, but the final result was quite mismatched and looked like some entry level high school art class project. 

are we feeling any features for this album?

my dream features were kehlani, ty dolla sign, and nicki m...now kehlani hates her and nicki probably isn't too pleased either....

if anything we'll probably get some random folk singer i've never heard of (sigh)

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

?????????

There wont be any features.

Her folk phase was mainly due to Sean.

He probably doesnt like a high profile lifestyle.

And she has a mirror personality so she was chanelling him.

Now she is back to her glamour phase. Things will get upbeat again. Something like Serene Queen. Or some songs with 80s sounding bombastic production.

Along lines of FIILY or TG.

Split btwn the Flaunt mag shoot v. Galore mag. maybe an updated fusion of it both.. Slim Aarons filter it. 

off-white pearlescent vinyl. 

I hope there's a touch of wtf offness to it like her wielding a Tarantino'd nerf gun from the HBTB vid 

Aggressive HM vibes, w a touch of updated TNBAR chorus lyrics to piss people off

satire. ice. ty

4UAI4B0.gif

UV/Honeymoon

To be quite honest, I don't have particularly high expectations for COCC's visuals (and for any future Lana records if I'm being honest too), but I just hope that we get somewhat better album covers than what we had on 'LFL' and 'NFR'.

On the first, the pose was weird and awkward, her creepy smile and stiff pose were throwing me off. She legit looked like a cardboard version of herself plastered in front of that car. On the latter, while I thought the pose and painted blue skies were cute, the colour tones/palette of the whole thing as well as that font were downright ugly. Some of the elements were fine on their own, but the final result was quite mismatched and looked like some entry level high school art class project.

Yes, also there's a shadow on her forehead that really bugs me, but maybe that's just me. Yeah I really hope we get Neil again but oh that's reaching at this point.

I find it astonishing the lengths of delusion this fandom puts itself to. A Neil cover is completely illogical, first off we've seen Chuck's covers for THREE albums now, we're in the middle of social distancing which makes the idea of a professional album cover out of the window. Adding to that, Lana will definitely use the lockdown as an excuse to make it a iPhone 6 photo which Chuck shot in her living room while sipping Walmart's wine off a box. 

No, this album will not be very professional looking per-se, but I'm interested in the music sound now that the world is flooded with politics. Am I scared that Lana might have her vision clouded enough to pretend we want spoken poetry instead of songs? Yes. Am I delusional enough to think that she'll make Honeymoon: Boom Bitch The Sequel? Also yes. I just want songs to hear while I'm sitting in my kitchen, eating Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey, with my titties uncovered and sobbing to the news of the incoming end of the times. Let's wait and see how this turns out and hope for the best, as we have been doing for every event that has happened this crazy year.

???, ?????????

I find it astonishing the lengths of delusion this fandom puts itself to. A Neil cover is completely illogical, first off we've seen Chuck's covers for THREE albums now, we're in the middle of social distancing which makes the idea of a professional album cover out of the window. Adding to that, Lana will definitely use the lockdown as an excuse to make it a iPhone 6 photo which Chuck shot in her living room while sipping Walmart's wine off a box.

No, this album will not be very professional looking per-se, but I'm interested in the music sound now that the world is flooded with politics. Am I scared that Lana might have her vision clouded enough to pretend we want spoken poetry instead of songs? Yes. Am I delusional enough to think that she'll make Honeymoon: Boom Bitch The Sequel? Also yes. I just want songs to hear while I'm sitting in my kitchen, eating Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey, with my titties uncovered and sobbing to the news of the incoming end of the times. Let's wait and see how this turns out and hope for the best, as we have been doing for every event that has happened this crazy year.

All of this!

But what's wrong with boxed wine tho :creep:

I find it astonishing the lengths of delusion this fandom puts itself to. A Neil cover is completely illogical, first off we've seen Chuck's covers for THREE albums now, we're in the middle of social distancing which makes the idea of a professional album cover out of the window.

Not to nitpick, but I've done three professional shoots in the past month. A simple, nice portrait would not be hard, but I do expect it will be a phoned-in selfie shoot.

Also considering travel restrictions, it'll be whoever is around (Chuck).

3lfQEhw.png