Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I was just listening to Jenny Lewis’ song Hollywood Lawn and I just realized there’s a line about lookin up at chemtrails and I was like !!!!!! and the funny thing is the song always kinda gave me strong Lana vibes. I’d love if this album had kinda a similar a similar soundscape and/or mood to Jenny Lewis’ On the Line album from last year. I know Lana and Jack could easily pull something like that off but better.

i love jenny lewis and think she and lana would be an amazing collab; would love to hear lana lean into a more beat-driven, rhythmic end of folk music on cocc

aOaIzH2.gif

not the album, but the song. Lover had a lot of reverb and sounded vintage and is produced by Jack

the rest of the album is ew tho

I actually like "The Archer "

Soon You Will get better is a great song.

But The Archer has such a sparkly fairy dust artificial atmosphere.

Lover has good soundscape but the lyrics are cringey. my my my myyyyy myyy...

It's so exciting going into an era without any prior info!

Holy fuckkk I dont know what genre it's going to be about. I'm expecting something airy and watery. Like UV was fire and ice.!

it'll never happen but these kind of vocals for COCC :flutter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdEYdfrJhlw

That would be fucking amazing!!

Do we know which song she sings...is it a song from someone else or an unreleased song of hers? The live snippet sounds so good !!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I scrolled through the COCC timeline made by @Clampgirl (thank you for making one) and I saw this : Lana says she’d like to keep the theme of hope for the next record and steer away from the sound of NFR. October 13, Grammy Museum

Never saw that someone talked about it but does steer away mean that Lana wants to go in a different zone sonically and that COCC won't sound like NFR!

I'm not a native english speaker so I'm not sure

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I scrolled through the COCC timeline made by @Clampgirl (thank you for making one) and I saw this : Lana says she’d like to keep the theme of hope for the next record and steer away from the sound of NFR. October 13, Grammy Museum

Never saw that someone talked about it but does steer away mean that Lana wants to go in a different zone sonically and that COCC won't sound like NFR!

I'm not a native english speaker so I'm not sure

Yeah, I've never seen her say that. But steer away does suggest that COCC will be a different sound and a sonic departure from NFR!, which is exciting. However I really hope we don't get an album full of hope's.

Yeah, I've never seen her say that. But steer away does suggest that COCC will be a different sound and a sonic departure from NFR!, which is exciting. However I really hope we don't get an album full of hope's.

I’d be behind the lyricism of Hope, with its honesty and vulnerability, but with bigger production.

I’d be behind the lyricism of Hope, with its honesty and vulnerability, but with bigger production.

Agreed, I just don't think I could do an album of 12 6minute piano ballads haha

In the early stages of working on NFR, she said her next album would be more in the vein of Change. All of NFR doesn’t sound like Change, but overall it does sonically have that vibe. So if Lana says the next album will be more in the vein of Hope, I don’t think it’ll be an entire album of songs that sound just like Hope, but overall it could be the general sound to it. I can still imagine dark surfy instrumentals fitting into a Hope-like atmosphere. Her albums always have a little variety of sounds, no matter how cohesive they are, so I wouldn’t be worried about just stark piano ballads.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Already this album sounds more dramatic in tone, apocalyptic and romantic at the same time.

NFR was very pensive and reflective, hopefully Chemtrails brings the drama back. Death from above, being in love, being hated in the industry...hopefully she has some cool things to say again.

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

She actually said the album "May be filled with "love songs and breakup ballads" so I wouldn't be surprised if it was a "hope" kind of album or maybe kind of slow and dense like honeymoon but with the same NFR sound, she also said the album would be the same style as NFR because she had a great time making it and was very happy with the result so... who knows 

honeymoon is my fav lana album but it's delusion to say it's her strongest lyrically 

stranger than a stranger  :oprah2: 

now it's time to eat soft ice cream

god knows i... x40

Honeymoon lyrics outsell only because they are aesthetically pleasing and creative. Personally, I think the melodies and instrumentals are even better. 

Ok chile are you ok babes? LFL one of her strongest?

I said what I said! Lust For Life has amazing lyrics. Way more thoughtful than her previous albums. Y'all only hate LFL because its "messy" which I beg to differ and it has features lol. 

mypictr_380x225-7.png