Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I was thinking about how Lana said she wanted Violet to come out before the next album. We know Violet is coming out in like 2 weeks (!) but the bulk of the project (physical book/CD/vinyls) are coming out in late September. So I'm a bit ehhh on if COtCC (guise pls don't persecute me for not using the fun other abbreviation, we don't call Born to Die 'BD') out by then.

But considering how wild a time she had on Instagram, and how she doubled down on her stance, it would seem very flaky if she didn't deliver on or before her self proclaimed date of 5 September. And on the other hand, if it does come out then, then obviously there's an incentive for her merch to include the bundle purchase of both releases. 

Basically, I am cautiously optimistic 5(ish) September because it makes more sense for the label to make more money this way. Also, if Violet is bundled and manages to shift a record number of sales, I think a campaign for the Grammy for Best Spoken Album is kinda in the bag.  :makeup:

3lfQEhw.png

As harmless and fun they are, please don't make/spread fake info/tracklists.

I mean, are they harmless? I personally agree that they are (harmless) and I don't see what's wrong with jokes, but someone was actually banned for making a fake leak thread ... which, when you think about it, is less harmful than a real leak thread, which is readily allowed.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I was thinking about how Lana said she wanted Violet to come out before the next album. We know Violet is coming out in like 2 weeks (!) but the bulk of the project (physical book/CD/vinyls) are coming out in late September. So I'm a bit ehhh on if COTCC (guise pls don't persecute me for using the fun other abreviation, we don't call Born to Die 'BD') out by then.

But considering how wild a time she had on Instagram, and how she doubled down on her stance, it would seem very flaky if she didn't deliver on or before her self proclaimed date of 5 September. And on the other hand, if it does come out then, then obviously there's an incentive for her merch to include the bundle purchase of both releases. 

Basically, I am cautiously optimistic 5(ish) September because it makes more sense for the label to make more money this way. Also, if Violet is bundled and manages to shift a record number of sales, I think a campaign for the Grammy for Best Spoken Album is kinda in the bag.  :makeup:

Billboard announces new chart rules: No more merch & ticket bundles: https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/9417842/billboard-new-chart-rules-no-more-merch-ticket-bundles?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

not sure how this may affect the release/bundles... but interesting (also a date for this new rule has not yet been finalized)

Billboard announces new chart rules: No more merch & ticket bundles: https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/9417842/billboard-new-chart-rules-no-more-merch-ticket-bundles?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

not sure how this may affect the release/bundles... but interesting (also a date for this new rule has not yet been finalized)

thats only going into effect by october iirc so she could still bundle Violet with the album

image.png

But violet is neither merch nor a ticket, so bundles would still work, right?

But violet is neither merch nor a ticket, so bundles would still work, right?

bundles - potentially? but the wording is a bit strange

"Under the new rules, which will be implemented at a start date to be announced, all albums bundled with either merchandise or concert tickets must be promoted as an add-on to those purchases in order to be counted on the charts. Those included as part of a baked-in, single-price option (along with the merchandise or ticket), with the album cost undisclosed to the consumer, will no longer be counted. It is Billboard’s belief that the resulting charts will more accurately reflect consumer choice."

i guess if it's listed on her website as the bundle being a purchase of the album its okay? i think its mostly for when you buy a piece of merch or a concert ticket and get the album "free" as a download, essentially. When I bought merch from the LDR surf shop with my friends we were given a code for each bit of merch. We definitely had more than thirty free download codes for NFR at one point. i think if it's a physical album it might be different as you are buying "the album", but it's more for the fact you can get as many free download codes from buying other things that aren't the album - if you get what i mean.

still hoping she’ll release Roses Bloom For You

honestly  :defeated: I pray for that song every day. of all the songs we lost that one hurts the most!! idc too much about Yosemite, LIB, or anything like that, but RBFY.... whewwww

Wq9zHLl.jpg

Ok I’m going to rant so here are my 2 unpopular opinions I’m ready to fight

1. What’s with y’all and Live or Die? That song is a mess and it’s just a basic poppy song and doesn’t even come close to any other released Lana song

2. Stop the hey blue baby and stupid for feeling so happy hype - they were cute but NOT record worthy we don’t need Lana turned Kasey Musgraves playing country like it’s avant guard we want trippy surfy noir Lana I said what I said and I stand by what I said

Agree. Hey Blue Baby is cute, but fits nowhere in the album that we know of. And stupid for being so happy, I never was that thrilled about that one to be honest, probably because it was a bad audio with no production. The two country songs should be released as singles between eras, same with RBFY paired with another track (Yosemite maybe?)

Most artists make most of their money from touring and merch, and she can't do the former, so she actually should do a fuckload of merch. 

I mean that's probably why there's a Violet cassette, 15 different vinyls, a CD, a book, audiobook, etc ... 

I just want stuff with "COCC - Lana Del Rey" on it. She should do a croquet set, shot glasses, a velvet-lined brass  box with a skull on it, clothes, shoes, hair accessories, keychains, stickers ... 

the flower clouds from spongebob should be this era's flowers cuz theyre in the sky just like chemtrails

fd77da75332a9b8c8a6556e487bafc6d.jpg

ETA cushions, beach towels and handkerchiefs with this design, too

ETA 2: also a chewed-looking white phone case with cherries on it, so we can all match hers 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream