Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

2 minutes ago, Redhydrangeas99 said:

So it's TNBAR's opposite

Well, initially TNBAR was a bitter demo about a lover choosing fame over her, and Yosemite was described as an acceptance of it (hence “We did it for fun”). I think this explains the Yin & Yang comparison. 

Considering this, I think the themes of Yosemite will be more similar to the released TNBAR. Production-wise, I think Yosemite will be decently similar to TNBAR

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

I don't think Yosemite will sound anything like TNBAR in terms of production. She described Yosemite as stripped down, acoustic, done in one take and the "closest to nature" she's ever gone in her music before.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Contemplating God said:

I don't think Yosemite will sound anything like TNBAR in terms of production. She described Yosemite as stripped down, acoustic, done in one take and the "closest to nature" she's ever gone in her music before.

that's so beautiful Image result for oprah crying gif

WGe8ynS.gif

1 minute ago, Contemplating God said:

I’ve always imagined them to be similar in terms of acousticness, but I almost feel like Yosemite will be...lighter? Almost like TNC, but even that seems a little heavy for how I imagined Yosemite (if that makes any sense lol)

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

4 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

for some reason I imagine Yosemite sounding like You’ll never walk alone.

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I’ve always imagined them to be similar in terms of acousticness, but I almost feel like Yosemite will be...lighter? Almost like TNC, but even that seems a little heavy for how I imagined Yosemite (if that makes any sense lol)

It might be like the acoustic demo of TNC 

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

4 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I just don't really see TNBAR being an acoustic track at all, or at least in the way Lana is talking about when she says acoustic lol. TNBAR, while downtempo, is still rich with production. Imagine Yosemite being much more broken down. 

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Right now, I'm imagining Yosemite to sound like Fade Into You by Mazzy Star!

There's a prominent acoustic guitar, keyboard, and tambourine in that song and we know Yosemite has those 3 instruments!

The mood of Fade Into You is also nostalgic and at times, very saccharine while still being bittersweet, so I could see Yosemite sounding similar!

Just now, Contemplating God said:

I just don't really see TNBAR being an acoustic track at all, or at least in the way Lana is talking about when she says acoustic lol. TNBAR, while downtempo, is still rich with production. Imagine Yosemite being much more broken down. 

I see what you’re saying! I more just mean the verses with the simple plucking and vocal-heavy parts tbh. The pre-chorus & chorus are the opposite of what I’m expecting though lol

Sylvia Plath 

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

There's a prominent acoustic guitar, keyboard, and tambourine in that song and we know Yosemite has those 3 instruments!

The mood of Fade Into You is also nostalgic and at times, very saccharine while still being bittersweet, so I could see Yosemite sounding similar!

Ohhhh I know what u mean, but I'm hoping Yosemite sounds a bit more majestic n w a happier tone. FIY's beautiful but I always heard it as a sadder song. 

UV/Honeymoon

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

imagine if yosemite is like this, laidback, mellow, sweet, acoustic :oprah:

WGe8ynS.gif

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

A DREAM LITERALLY A DREAM

Manifesting :angie::angie::angie::angie:

2 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

WAIT YES THIS! This is the closest thing I’ve seen that describes how I imagine Yosemite. I’m really hoping for Mazzy Star vibes:xcry:

Sylvia Plath 

Lana needs to start a band (with Zach Dawes) and become the successor to "The Cranberries" :oprah3:

Just now, Dragon said:

Ohhhh I know what u mean, but I'm hoping Yosemite sounds a bit more majestic n w a happier tone. FIY's beautiful but I always heard it as a sadder song. 

It definitely is a sadder song for sure, I agree! I was thinking more instrumentally - I too think Yosemite will be a bit brighter in tone but will share some mellow elements with Fade Into You! I'm so excited <3

Just now, LemonadeHeavens said:

I love this song so much, I would die! I love Mazzy Star's sound so much. When I first heard Hope Sandoval's voice, I was reminded of Lana, so I could totally see her going in a direction sonically similar to Give You My Lovin and Fade Into You :flutter:

3 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

A DREAM LITERALLY A DREAM

Manifesting :angie::angie::angie::angie:

:legend:I cannot wait! :hype:

Just now, LemonadeHeavens said:

i think yosemite's going to be that kind of song that is happy and positive but it's mellow and vulnerable enough that it makes you cry

This is how Chemtrails is for me, without the crying part. But I definitely do get a certain sadness from the title track in the way it makes me feel despite the more "happy" lyrics

3 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

Lana needs to start a band (with Zach Dawes) and become the successor to "The Cranberries" :oprah3:

I would fucking die if Lana serves Dreams vibes on this album!! The taste in this thread:oprah: also, Linger by The Cranberries would be such a beautiful cover from Lana

Sylvia Plath