Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Kinda off topic but I've been in a studio today recording my cousin for eight hours straight and honestly it is more work than I thought. I really appreciate Lana so much more now. She truly is always working to give us so many wonderful songs! Also I gave an advice to make the song better and used Lana as an example. It upgraded the song. 

6 minutes ago, new gods said:

haven’t listened to lana in weeks (apart from the psb video) i always do this before she releases it’s the worst :bebe:

this is something that i can't comprehend because i honestly don't think i go a day without listening to her :bebe:

but you deserve to treat yourself... listen to some lana :mj2:

pink rose gif - Free animated GIF - PicMix

I know this is going to sound really weird, but I have this fixation with playlists and finding new ways to listen to my favorite artists, and I think I found my new way to listen to Lana specifically 

i start with Chemtrails + LMLYLAW as the first two tracks. Then I choose two tracks from each record in reverse chronological order (Norman to BTD), then repeat the process by choosing Chemtrails + LMLYLAW and then choosing two different tracks from each record. I've been enjoying listening to her this way because it shows how much she's grown but how much of her catalog is just a universe I can spend so much time in because of how timeless her music is. :wub:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

I know this is going to sound really weird, but I have this fixation with playlists and finding new ways to listen to my favorite artists, and I think I found my new way to listen to Lana specifically 

i start with Chemtrails + LMLYLAW as the first two tracks. Then I choose two tracks from each record in reverse chronological order (Norman to BTD), then repeat the process by choosing Chemtrails + LMLYLAW and then choosing two different tracks from each record. I've been enjoying listening to her this way because it shows how much she's grown but how much of her catalog is just a universe I can spend so much time in because of how timeless her music is. :wub:

I love doing this but in chronicle order before an album release, so the playlist finishes on the currently released songs from the album and I'm left wondering more about how the sound is gonna come through in the new album :flutter:

But this is quite fascinating, like a meandering walkthrough of her work! 

2 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

I love doing this but in chronicle order before an album release, so the playlist finishes on the currently released songs from the album and I'm left wondering more about how the sound is gonna come through in the new album :flutter:

But this is quite fascinating, like a meandering walkthrough of her work! 

yup and when the album comes out i'll replace all the chemtrails/LMLYLAW repeats with other tracks on the record! 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

maybe i should listen to AKA–NFR straight through in the hours leading up to COTCC release but that seems.... insane :eek2: it'd take roughly 6 hrs 45 minutes i think so i'd have to start at 5 ish... or maybe i'll just listen to all the lizzy grant songs so i fully feel her reflection on that time 

sUcVobB.png

I'm going to be in California for the first time in 7 years on march 25th. COCC is timed so perfectly.

1 hour ago, honeybadger said:

maybe i should listen to AKA–NFR straight through in the hours leading up to COTCC release but that seems.... insane :eek2: it'd take roughly 6 hrs 45 minutes i think so i'd have to start at 5 ish... or maybe i'll just listen to all the lizzy grant songs so i fully feel her reflection on that time 

I tried to do this for NFR starting with Sirens thru LFL but I got burned out and then I fell asleep during Love Song :eek3:

2 hours ago, honeybadger said:

I’m doing something like that too, I took off the 19th so I can listen in full multiple times at midnight...

IMG-3521.jpg

55 minutes ago, suicideblonde said:

I tried to do this for NFR starting with Sirens thru LFL but I got burned out and then I fell asleep during Love Song :eek3:

i mean..... makes sense that it was love song :bebe: it's just such a journey that i don't think i could manage

i might just do a little lizzy grant sampler like a little cheese board, like an aperitif... something to cleanse my palate prime me for the gorgeous meal i'm about to receive

sUcVobB.png

2 hours ago, honeybadger said:

I'm just gonna wake up at 2:30 or something and listen to Chemtrails at 3AM with a clean slate. I can listen to COCC with the rest of her albums later but I want my first listen to send me to another world. :candy:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

This morning the sky looks like the sky on the alt cover and it fits the mood of the title track so much...it's a sign,  something will happen today :oprah2:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

18 minutes ago, mrborntolose said:

Pawn Shop blues video coming this year? Hmmm. Is she going to re-release AKA vfinally???

2019 - NFR

2020 - Violet

2021 - COCC, Iron Gates, AKA

2022 - That unreleased compilation “most likely re-recorded”, The Grimes produced album.

2023 - the 3rd book.

IMG-3521.jpg

39 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

2019 - NFR

2020 - Violet

2021 - COCC, Iron Gates, AKA

2022 - That unreleased compilation “most likely re-recorded”, The Grimes produced album.

2023 - the 3rd book.

If we get COCC, Iron Gates, and AKA this year, I have nothing else to live for and I'M SO EXCITED :crying4:

lights, camera, acción

ok i know its a hot topic on here but im like so glad she has For Free on the tracklist. I feel like what really sets Lana apart from all the other popgirls and alt girls in the game rn is like they are all having their moments and stuff and some of the greats in the music industry might say something nice about them in an interview, but Lana actually knows the greats  music (joni, bruce, bob etc) very well and takes direct inspiration from them fused with her own pure talent. Like i really don't think Billie Eyelash ever listens to Nina Simone, Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan or anyone like that, but Lana does and it shows. And shes praised by those same greats like Springsteen. And she has an impressive collab list, Sean Ono Lenon(yuck but impressive name), Stevie Nicks, as well as a covers list, Nina, Joni, etc. Lana is just so far ahead of her peers