Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

awhile back someone said lana's best albums are the ones she spends the least amount of time on because she doesn't have a lot of time to change it but let's not forget honeymoon ended up being completely different (still a masterpiece) from the demos... a lot can happen in a year 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

awhile back someone said lana's best albums are the ones she spends the least amount of time on because she doesn't have a lot of time to change it but let's not forget honeymoon ended up being completely different from the demos... a lot can happen in a year 

being different from the demos doesn't necessarily mean it's ruined. UV was completely reworked after it was thought to be completed. in comparison to lfl, for example, honeymoon was worked on for a much shorter period of time (Let's say - June 2014 to June 2015 for HM and September 2015 to May 2017 for LFL)

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

awhile back someone said lana's best albums are the ones she spends the least amount of time on because she doesn't have a lot of time to change it but let's not forget honeymoon ended up being completely different from the demos... a lot can happen in a year 

We could say the same about UV. As far as we know, she was pretty much done with the album when she first met Dan towards the end of 2013. We don't have that much demos from that album, but judging by how completely different the demo version of 'West Coast' sounds compared to its single version, a lot can happen during two weeks in a small Tennessean studio. 

I do have high hopes for COCC, the lack of information makes it all the more exciting to me.

Manifesting Dan Auerbach to come back and push Lana to ultimate artistic highs once more.

I feel like I'm starting to lose interest in lana, I only listened to like, 4 or 5 songs off NFR, all the rest were big skips, I really hope this album is coming soon, but I really only care if it's good, I hope this album doesn't flop. 

If it didn't do well commercially would that affect how you feel about the album?

I feel like Tulsa Jesus Freak will be very hit or miss

As I said on the unpop thread, I have hope because the title seems to indicate a level of self-awareness that has not been demonstrated through her actions for some time.

:smile3:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

being different from the demos doesn't necessarily mean it's ruined. UV was completely reworked after it was thought to be completed. in comparison to lfl, for example, honeymoon was worked on for a much shorter period of time (Let's say - June 2014 to June 2015 for HM and September 2015 to May 2017 for LFL)

i think honeymoon is a masterpiece and the way the final product came out was for the best but it just shows how much change can happen to an album in such little time.

we know she went into making the follow up to NFR with the same sound but it could end up being completely different now!

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Manifesting Dan Auerbach to come back and push Lana to ultimate artistic highs once more.

Hopefully they'll meet if the Zella collab does come through as he's been producing her stuff (and Neil Krug has been taking her pictures lol)

If it didn't do well commercially would that affect how you feel about the album?

Not really, I really only care about the sound of the music, Of course I want lana to make money off the album, But I feel the quality of her music has gone down a bit, NFR just wasn't my thing I guess.

Hopefully they'll meet if the Zella collab does come through as he's been producing her stuff (and Neil Krug has been taking her pictures lol)

Would it be too much to ask for Lana to simultaneously collab with both Dan and Neil for an upcoming project/album in the near future, thank u very much.

I feel like I'm starting to lose interest in lana, I only listened to like, 4 or 5 songs off NFR, all the rest were big skips, I really hope this album is coming soon, but I really only care if it's good, I hope this album doesn't flop. 

omg you just made an account and already-- :twirls: