Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

There's just one thing I really don't like and that's been ocurring for the last years - her live performances.

Like, it's not that I don't like them, I just don't like the fact that we can hear the studio version louder than her actual voice. I miss the 2012/2013 live performances where the only thing we could hear was the instruments and Lana's voice. Now she skips verses, we hear the studio version louder than her actual voice, that's not nice.

I saw her at the Hollywood Bowl last October and it was my v first time seeing her. I was just mesmerized that this person who has changed my life/helped me so much was like right there. I enjoyed it and I thought she did a good job. But like I said that was my first and only time having seen her so I can’t really compare.

I just want luxurious sounds, soft and sexy vocals, emotional bridges and sounds that are large than life. Just like BTD/Paradise/UV

original.gif

well then it looks like we are in for a big surprise with COCC :flutter: :flutter:

She disappoints us by lying but then make us happy and surprise all of us with her creative directions and how she reinvents herself at each new release.

Can't wait for COCC but I must say I really hope she bring back some of the darkness, sadness and luxury from the BTD/Paradise/UV lyrics plus the stunning visuals

original.gif

I wish she would return to a more cinematic sound. She mastered it, but made just a few songs with that sound

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

I told my boss that Lana was coming out with a new album called chemtrails over the country club and he was like WHAT did you just say?! And then he was like oh that’s interesting. Last year I was at work the day we could pre order NFR and I was afraid it would sell out so I insisted he let me go outside to my car and order it and he thought it was so strange. Lol

Just a fun fact: I see so many people calling “violins” and “orchestration” the sound of what in reality is just a Mellotron. I didnt know that until a few months ago tho

“Just” a mellotron doesn’t make justice to this iconic instrument, I’m sorry. Anyway

I think the lack of bass is a whole vibe, even tho NFR doesn't have the deepness in sound records like UV and BTD had, I think Lana still managed to make the songs immersive and cinematic like in previous albums. She and Jack created more layback tracks yes, but unlike Honeymoon the richness in the composition, I mean to say, the use of the instruments in NFR was what made NFR a standout record. I think that if you listen with good headphones or speakers you can notice the work that was put in production this time, to add bass to the songs would have been to drawn out all the beatiful notes Jack gave to Lana's amazing melodies. Not to say the producers in her previous albums are bad, but I think this last record comes to show the magic Jack can bring to the Lana Del Rey world. I would love to hear more rich instrumentations from the both of them.

With NFR I didn't knew what to expect since Jack has worked with so many artist and yet he always knows how to make different and interesting tracks. I think Mariner's and Venice Bitch really expressed what Norman was a whole, so I'm excited to see what the first single will sound like. 

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

This is more related to Lizzy Grant but does anyone know enough about her life to know where she got the money to get her nose done? (lips too, probably, but those can be sort of cheap)

Back in the day when she was denying it she said stuff like "i couldn't even afford a house how could i afford surgery??". But now shes open about it and it's pretty obvious, so the question as to how she had no money living in a trailer park and still got it done is still there. I even read she couldn't join this writing workshop with a past manager because she couldn't pay the $180 fee

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

This is more related to Lizzy Grant but does anyone know enough about her life to know where she got the money to get her nose done? (lips too, probably, but those can be sort of cheap)

Back in the day when she was denying it she said stuff like "i couldn't even afford a house how could i afford surgery??". But now shes open about it and it's pretty obvious, so the question as to how she had no money living in a trailer park and still got it done is still there. I even read she couldn't join this writing workshop with a past manager because she couldn't pay the $180 fee

lana-del-rey-west-coast-music-video-old-

sugar daddies are probably more likely to pay for things that make their girls more attractive than smarter (why she could afford a nose job but not writing classes) 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

so, once the dust settles, 

do y'all think she will be able to go back to singing about being in love even if it isn't a healthy relationship???? I really hope the new album goes back to that in some form, not necessarily the old style... 

anyways I wonder if the backlash (and support) will make her not be honest/vulnerable about her relationships or if she will do what she wants? thoughts???

do y'all think she will be able to go back to singing about being in love even if it isn't a healthy relationship???? I really hope the new album goes back to that in some form, not necessarily the old style... 

anyways I wonder if the backlash (and support) will make her not be honest/vulnerable about her relationships or if she will do what she wants? thoughts???

I think she’ll write about whatever she wants.

I think she will do what she wants bc she makes the music for her and even tho the critics obviously bother her, I just don’t see her making music that isn’t true to herself even if it doesn’t win scammys and gets backlash.