Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I think she will do what she wants bc she makes the music for her and even tho the critics obviously bother her, I just don’t see her making music that isn’t true to herself even if it doesn’t win scammys and gets backlash.

I hope so, because honestly UV was that B*tch and critics tore her up for it... I just worry she'll pull a LFL...

I hope so, because honestly UV was that B*tch and critics tore her up for it... I just worry she'll pull a LFL...

I sincerely hope not even tho I enjoy like 70% of the album. I just don’t think the lyrics are as deep as on other albums I guess. Idk. But I also feel like it’s too late to change whatever she has done with chemtrails. She seems angry and said that her feelings will be coming out in the new album and the two poetry books. Hopefully by the time she’s ready to put out another album after chemtrails she will not care anymore.

Inbefore she makes a song like “god bless america and all the beautiful black women in it”

Tbh this is probably part of why shes upset lately, for years now shes had to set aside her artistic integrity in a (not very successful) attempt at catering to the modern American political climate and the critics. I bet shes had to repress alot of what she actually has wanted to do and feels now like she wasted time....

I, for one, am in the minority that I wouldn’t at ALL mind this being another NFR sounding record, as it is my favorite Lana and has aged gracefully (in the short time it’s been around). I will always stan Lana and a piano.

As much as I love (most of) UV I can’t see her going back to that sound at the moment. It was a big “If I can’t make you love me I’m gonna do whatever the fuck I want” moment, and as much as she seems to be going through something similar personally I don’t think it will reflect in her music the way it did when that came out.

If she did retread any familiar territory I’d like to hear a mix of HM and NFR. I’ll probably love whatever it is she’s got cooking. I always become obsessed with Lana records.

Inbefore she makes a song like “god bless america and all the beautiful black women in it”

Tbh this is probably part of why shes upset lately, for years now shes had to set aside her artistic integrity in a (not very successful) attempt at catering to the modern American political climate and the critics. I bet shes had to repress alot of what she actually has wanted to do and feels now like she wasted time....

I agree. I think also she’s super upset about the grammys which idk but I read her statements on insta kind of like “look some of these women have won Grammys for singing about similar topics, but I got criticized.” Then she played it safer with NFR and didn’t win.... so I feel like her statement was also kind of a fuck you to the industry and she’s going to do whatever she wants with her music moving forward bc it doesn’t matter anyway. So I hope that the way I interpreted some of it is right and she won’t censor herself anymore or hold back.

we want a horror album!

If she served something in the vein of chromatics — night drive ..... LIKE WOW imagine her serving a dark and soultry deep cover of some Kate bush as a closer and maybe a Joni Mitchell cover somewhere in the middle !!!

edit- if you listen to the chromatics version of running up that hill it has very similar guitar riffs to my ear in the background to Venice bitch sorta in a way

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

i feel like the album might have a very piano/strings based production but more lush and cinematic than NFR. more ominous and haunting. like that song she did with barrie, riverside.

giphy.gif

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a poetry spoken word album. Even the title has that vibe. Lol anyways let’s hope not and it’s HM 2.0. x

???, ?????????

Chromatica dropped..and I've to say I've mixed feelings.

The lyrics are a mess..rhyming gaga with saga.. smh.

But the production is amazing. So groovy !

I want a dance album from Lana tooo hehehe.in future.

But COCC can have a pop theme too..or something like TOW. Or Old Money

I would love this album to be where Shades of Cool and West Coast meet Mariners Apartment Complex and Venice Bitch. 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

Just bring back the glamourous and cinematic sounds, serve us with everything we need and want.

And of course, include Life Is Beautiful on the tracklist.

original.gif

Just bring back the glamourous and cinematic sounds, serve us with everything we need and want.

And of course, include Life Is Beautiful on the tracklist.

you're a dreamer you dream a lot in your sleep

giphy.gif

Chromatica dropped..and I've to say I've mixed feelings.

The lyrics are a mess..rhyming gaga with saga.. smh.

But the production is amazing. So groovy !

I want a dance album from Lana tooo hehehe.in future.

But COCC can have a pop theme too..or something like TOW. Or Old Money

you act like Gaga's best song doesn't rhyme Gaga with RaRa and RoMa LMAOOO

giphy.gif