Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

no no i rebuke this record being NFR 2.0... lana re-invents her sound every era and i hope that continues...

who knows what she meant by normans little sister or however she described it... as many pointed out she usually is wrong describing how the album sounds

i hope her and jack go off and shock us leaving us all scalped :rollin:

Didn't she describe the «Norman's little sister» thing in January, when she was still with Sean? So, I read that Let Me Love You Like a Woman and WHF will probably have a NFR feeling to them, but maybe not for the songs she worked later on? 

Am I the only one who interpreted “Norman’s little sister” as just meaning the next album, like they’re all her babies, so the next one would technically be Norman’s little sister, as well as technically all her albums’ little sister too. Idk, that’s how I interpreted it. I didn’t think it meant it was NFR 2.0. But all her albums do seem to carry a little bit of the essence of the previous one while also becoming something totally different and new, so I don’t exactly expect it to be the anti-NFR either.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

anyone who thinks LFL is her worst album is immature. hate to break it to ya

If you took out that messy middle section and added Yosemite, bar and rbfy, it would be amazing but that didn’t happen so

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

I don't think it's a bad album, but I do think it's her worst album.

giphy.gif

Am I the only one who interpreted “Norman’s little sister” as just meaning the next album, like they’re all her babies, so the next one would technically be Norman’s little sister, as well as technically all her albums’ little sister too. Idk, that’s how I interpreted it. I didn’t think it meant it was NFR 2.0. But all her albums do seem to carry a little bit of the essence of the previous one while also becoming something totally different and new, so I don’t exactly expect it to be the anti-NFR either.

that's actually very true. Ultraviolence still had some of the fierce lyrics of btd/paradise, Honeymoon kept the darkness and "inaccessibility" of UV, Lust For Life had some similar trap beats to HM, and Norman Fucking Rockwell stayed with the vaguely political aspects of LFL

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

But it definitely is her worstIt's good but not up to Lana's standards. The overall sound is messy especially closer to the middle with the cheaply-sounding trap beats of IMF and Roachella. Most of the songs are still good and some are instant classics (Heroin and Get Free for instance) but it is sonically and thematically disjointed without the real core at the heart of the album's concept. I believe if she didn't redo it and didn't add some unnecessary collabs and last minute songs (like WM, IMF and Cherry) and stuck to the concept we heard in LFL and BAR demos + RBFY, it would have been a great album with an overall strong concept but... it is what it is, a compilation of EPs.

What happened to White Hot Forever... didn't love the title but I still liked it more than the Chemtrails one. WTF is this. Is she trolling or trying to be 'political' again?

i am nothing and should be everything

So here's a quick little moodboard I made for COCC :teehee:

Obviously it's not the best and we don't have much to base the aesthetics off of, but I tried to include a lot of things we have already. Chemtrails = planes. Palm trees = LA etc.

I would like to think lilac/blue with peach is a good pairing for a color scheme, I think it's very summery and soft. I added the typed words because of her poetry.

4CziaFl.jpg

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

But it definitely is her worstIt's good but not up to Lana's standards. The overall sound is messy especially closer to the middle with the cheaply-sounding trap beats of IMF and Roachella. Most of the songs are still good and some are instant classics (Heroin and Get Free for instance) but it is sonically and thematically disjointed without the real core at the heart of the album's concept. I believe if she didn't redo it and didn't add some unnecessary collabs and last minute songs (like WM, IMF and Cherry) and stuck to the concept we heard in LFL and BAR demos + RBFY, it would have been a great album with an overall strong concept but... it is what it is, a compilation of EPs.

CHERRY IS THE BEST SONG ON THERE :D :D :D :D 

What happened to White Hot Forever... didn't love the title but I still liked it more than the Chemtrails one. WTF is this. Is she trolling or trying to be 'political' again?

Its probably still a song on the album - like when she said Honeymoon was going to be called 'Music To Watch Boys To' early on

If she did retread any familiar territory I’d like to hear a mix of HM and NFR. I’ll probably love whatever it is she’s got cooking. I always become obsessed with Lana records.

Omg yes this is my dream. Honeymoon and NFR are my two fave albums <3 This is everything I want ahhah. 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

WHF was not in any way a good title and it would have been a death sentence to release an album with such a title now

I completely agree, there’s some good songs they’re not all bad. But the album as a whole isn’t a good Lana record. It doesn’t make much sense compared to her other albums and feels out of place.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

i agree. i don't think she has a WORST album at all

i never understand the hate for LFL tbh.

compared to other artists, it's great

also i think it is cohesive. what i don't like about it, it's the production of coachella + god bless america. she could have done better there's a fan remix in youtube 

this one : 

and it is so much better than the original, i could have been a great outro

i don't like summer bummer and in my feelings. and i don't like the asap parts in groupie love

but overall it's a great album. i know an album is great when i can't decide my favorite song from it. and i think it's her best lyrics album and i like the aesthetic too

and to add. she's never done a fully cohesive album excpet born to die + honeymoon

old money and black beauty are not sonically cohesive with UV

TNBAR and hope are not sonically cohesive with NFR

Yayo it's not cohesive with paradise...

i looked for serene queen on youtube and did not find it

i and i looked for it on soundcloud and didn't find it too

did her team remove it?

is she going to re-produce it and release it on the next record?

"my rose garden dreams, set on fire by fiends"

and to add. she's never done a fully cohesive album excpet born to die + honeymoon

old money and black beauty are not sonically cohesive with UV

TNBAR and hope are not sonically cohesive with NFR

Yayo it's not cohesive with paradise...

:oprah2: AgonizingCarelessDungbeetle-size_restric

:oprah2: AgonizingCarelessDungbeetle-size_restric

that is what i think honey

you don't have to agree, but do you think yayo is sonically cohesive with paradise, does she have the cinematic instru, the rest of the songs have?

"my rose garden dreams, set on fire by fiends"