Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

2 minutes ago, fantascination said:

Ok y’all. I don’t know if this has been said yet, but here’s my theory re: the alboom:

I think Lana is, at least partially, going to make a political statement with this album. Specifically, I think the title “Chemtrails Over the Country Club” is a jab at the political right - specifically, middle-to-upper-class, predominantly white and wealthy Trump supporters. From the beginning of Trump’s presidency, his most ardent supporters have been proponents of a wide variety of conspiracy theories - the Obama birther theory, the “Deep State”, the Clintons having a body count, just to name a few. And, most recently, the conspiracy theory that COVID is fake, over-exaggerated, or a government hoax to achieve totalitarianism. 

Furthermore, country clubs are generally associated with the white and wealthy - in the same general category as yachts, white picket fences, huge houses, etc. It’s a rich white people thing, and plenty of rich white people are right-leaning or Trump-supporting. I think this might be the idea Lana’s getting at - chemtrails over the country club. Conspiracy theories enrapturing the white and wealthy, drifting over the country club where they lounge. Entertained at the expense of other, very real political and social issues. Used to avoid addressing those very real issues, perhaps. 

Idk, I might be reading too far into it, and I don’t know if Lana would make a political statement like this. I know she’s been vocally anti-Trump in the past. This was just what I thought of when I heard the title. 

(I’m not looking for a political argument, or to argue about the veracity of certain conspiracy theories. I don’t mean to disrespect or offend anyone. Just wanted to share my two cents)

EDIT: oh fuck this is a novel of a post. sorrryyyyyyy

But she used to celebrate 'White 50s Culture,' though with her own spin on it. I think a lot of "fake Woke people," the ones who attacked her over the years and continue to, made her turn away from her roots and perhaps what she loves and admires, historically. She grew up on Lake Placid, which is a beautiful vacation destination in the Adirondacks, and you can't get more 'White' than that. I haven't heard her publicly repudiate Lake Placid. On the contrary, she mentioned it in 'Looking For America' in a positive manner. 

funny to think she probably started working on this early 2019 because all of NFR (apart from doin time and FIILY) was recorded before then

plus might be songs from ages ago on it too

32 minutes ago, sexyslutboy said:

Its not the depression that made BTD iconic. Its how dedicated she was to the aesthetic and grandiosity. BTD title track video was glamorous and was a metaphor of a dying relationship as told through her literal death. NFR title track video was recorded with an iphone vintage filter and was her sitting around her house singing 

She's still singing mournful, sad music. What about 'The Greatest' on NFR? It doesn't get more 'final' and depressing than that. And of course, 'Hope'. On LFL, there was '13 Beaches,' 'Heroin,' 'In My Feelings' and a lot of self-hatred and frustration expressed. I don't think she'll ever stop expressing the 'Hollywood Sadcore' vibe until she actually stops feeling sad and/or depressed in her actual life, and that may or may not ever happen. 

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

But she used to celebrate 'White 50s Culture,' though with her own spin on it. I think a lot of "fake Woke people," the ones who attacked her over the years and continue to, made her turn away from her roots and perhaps what she loves and admires, historically. She grew up on Lake Placid, which is a beautiful vacation destination in the Adirondacks, and you can't get more 'White' than that. I haven't heard her publicly repudiate Lake Placid. On the contrary, she mentioned it in 'Looking For America' in a positive manner. 

That’s a good point - I hadn’t thought of that, actually. And completely forgot about Looking For America. 

I’m hoping that now the ball is rolling and we can start getting a steady stream of info regarding COCC whether it be official or found through snooping. The silence and knowing NOTHING was truly the thing was bothering me the most. 

Also, did anything else happen post that insta update? I was with my boyfriend (who doesn’t like Lana at all lol) and I couldn’t keep up with the rapid pages filling up in this thread. We got some behind the scenes stuff? Someone who was on set??? 

I think that’s absolutely what she’s commenting on. I also see most of her music as fairly political! I don’t get when people question her ability write political songs, when I read so many of her songs as having political  undertones.
a lot of the money obsessed, woman in her “place”, upperclass idolizing, substance abusing   lyrics read as a critic of the American Dream not being real! For example off the top of my head off to the races, national anthem, this is what makes us girls, gods and monsters, Brooklyn baby, Florida kilos, money power glory... I could go on. 
I think she takes offense to criticism saying she’s  just a rich girl play acting, but I mean if she was cutoff financially and dealt with substance abuse like it seems then her waking up to the real America isn’t that unbelievable. 

11 minutes ago, fantascination said:

That’s a good point - I hadn’t thought of that, actually. And completely forgot about Looking For America. 

The title song for COCC may still have to do with what the image obviously suggests: something dangerous and perhaps unnoticed over a tranquil, serene country club where oblivious 'beautiful people' Americans drink, play tennis, swim and socialize.

However, a lot of country clubs in LA and South Florida today are pretty diverse due to legal challenges, and have a good/great deal of Afro-Americans and Jewish members, groups that were both 'banned' from High WASP clubs 50 years ago. But she may be looking backward into history, which she often does. "I was reading slim Aarons, and I got to thinking..."  

21 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Based on recent information she’s given us and what other stores are saying*: 

- I think LMLYLAW is coming in the next 2 weeks

- I think she’ll have the pre-order/ post the cover/tracklist/album trailer in 3 weeks with the title track as a promotional single 

- I think we’ll have a few magazine covers with interviews scattered about over the next month 

- the music video for the title track will come out second week of October 

- album drops third or fourth week of October 

She made it seem like both LMLYLAW and the COTCC video will be out before the album. 

The album probably started being mastered in mid-July and 3 months from then would be mid-October, which is when the album will probably come out. I think she wanted to have all the formats be available at the same time if she could for a more traditional release; with LFL she added songs right before her deadline and that’s why she had a delayed vinyl release, but she hasn’t really started any promotion with this record yet so she could afford to just wait a month so everything would be ready at once.

*Holding onto this ONLY once September 5th passes and when we don’t get the album, until then, #TeamDelusional :oprah:

443b7810e6e3be13-reefer-madness-gifs-fin

Can you guys stop manifesting these COCCtober things?! Stop doin this to us Lana. We can't wait 2 months. Why would the delay be that long. We need LMLYLAW this week and the album with a MV in 2 weeks.

I need a beautiful COCC blessing and touching my ears...

And the track 9 Y

Mmeow~

I'd be content enough with an official announcement and a cover reveal coming this weekend, if we have to wait for the music... then she can reveal the tracklist just the week before the album release, to keep us hyped :makeup2:

Lanarat.png

7 minutes ago, dayayo said:

I think that’s absolutely what she’s commenting on. I also see most of her music as fairly political! I don’t get when people question her ability write political songs, when I read so many of her songs as having political  undertones.
a lot of the money obsessed, woman in her “place”, upperclass idolizing, substance abusing   lyrics read as a critic of the American Dream not being real! For example off the top of my head off to the races, national anthem, this is what makes us girls, gods and monsters, Brooklyn baby, Florida kilos, money power glory... I could go on. 
I think she takes offense to criticism saying she’s  just a rich girl play acting, but I mean if she was cutoff financially and dealt with substance abuse like it seems then her waking up to the real America isn’t that unbelievable. 

I completely agree. Lana has always been satirizing the American Dream. Sometimes the character she has created isn't always in on the joke, sometimes she is, but Lana herself certainly knows what she's doing when it comes to the story she's been telling and building upon her entire career.