Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Just now, DCooper said:

I completely agree. Lana has always been satirizing the American Dream. Sometimes the character she has created isn't always in on the joke, sometimes she is, but Lana herself certainly knows what she's doing when it comes to the story she's been telling and building upon her entire career.

But I think she's drawn to and repulsed by 1950s style and especially the artifice of 1950s women, the latter because she realizes that 'the good life' that was portrayed was false and limiting. Such ambivalence is very common in all of us--we're both attracted to and repulsed by many things, and since we can't surrender the attraction, we explore, investigate and try to make 'peace' with the subject at hand. 

i have a feeling chemtrails over the country club (title track) is going to sound similar to doin' time and off to the races, just from the overall vibes of the title and what we know about it, and the guy who's directing the music video.

which is interesting to me because a while back i had a dream about this album and i only listened to the first two tracks and the second one sounded like a mix between doin' time and off to the races, and if lana follows her usual pattern, the title track should be the 2nd track. the album art was also very dynamic and colorful, and we know that's very similar to some of neil krug's work, so make of that as you will... :mj2:

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

the fact that her band is going to be in the video might tell us a lot about what the sound is gonna be. personally I'm hoping it means heavy guitar n drums :makeup:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

But I think she's drawn to and repulsed by 1950s style and especially the artifice of 1950s women, the latter because she realizes that 'the good life' that was portrayed was false and limiting. Such ambivalence is very common in all of us--we're both attracted to and repulsed by many things, and since we can't surrender the attraction, we explore, investigate and try to make 'peace' with the subject at hand. 

Yes I also agree with that. Just because shes satirizing doesn't mean she isn't attracted to many elements of the American dream. She obviously has a strong fondness for classic American vibes and what the country could have been, but also seems fully aware of the faults to me.

I think album drops this weekend.

Qobuz said UMG gave the date as 5th Sep.

Someone posted the convo.

And she has on paper mentioned the date in her IG QOC post.

This is the first time she has done that. All.other times it was either on video or a not confirmed by her.

I agree that she satirizes the American Dream---but she's pretty much given up on satirizing it or anything on her more recent albums. I long for the wit of 'Hollywood's Dead,' 'Go Go Dancer,'  'Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight' or even 'Radio' and 'National Anthem.' I feel she's become too serious about herself to continue writing clever pastiches like those, probably because someone openly criticized her in a very negative way and said something like 'You're just a glamorous flavor of the week, and won't have a career in a year.'  

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

Absolutely! Look at the music and books she talks about! I mean she gives us all the keys to decipher the lyrics, consistently. That’s why the whole feminism question always perplexed me! Like do you watch the show Tamar? 
I personal pet theory for the question for culture post(s) is that she’d gone deep on the show Mrs America and got in her fucking feelings 

In LFA, she expresses her love for the USA, while admitting that it’s a fucked up country and that things need to change. She’s very close to all of the glorious and glamorous images attached to America, but she still knows that they’re just images and not the reality.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

@RormanNockwell and @Bunny Mozart got me thinking about the Wizard of Oz theory with this video and record and I had the thought that maybe Blake, Tom, and Byron are in the video because they’re going to portray the Tin Man, Scarecrow, and Cowardly Lion to her Dorothy? Someone else also pointed out that her hairstyle matches the blonde wig Judy Garland wore early on in the filming process that was quickly scrapped. Plus, the dark scenes of the farm also  point to a Wizard of Oz moment! 

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

@RormanNockwell and @Bunny Mozart got me thinking about the Wizard of Oz theory with this video and record and I had the thought that maybe Blake, Tom, and Byron are in the video because they’re going to portray the Tin Man, Scarecrow, and Cowardly Lion to her Dorothy? Someone else also pointed out that her hairstyle matches the blonde wig Judy Garland wore early on in the filming process that was quickly scrapped. Plus, the dark scenes of the farm also  point to a Wizard of Oz moment! 

Maybe the car will fly in the air with her like in the movie when the tornado comes 

giphy.gif

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

the thought of lana and her band dressing up as the characters from the wizard of oz for a music video is so CHAOTIC and i love it. 

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

1 minute ago, CinnamonGay said:

I think album drops this weekend.

Qobuz said UMG gave the date as 5th Sep.

Someone posted the convo.

And she has on paper mentioned the date in her IG QOC post.

This is the first time she has done that. All.other times it was either on video or a not confirmed by her.

CinnamonGay is right. I manifast I stan I believe I trust I hope.

She gave us an OFFICIAL date. If the date is delayed - she should tell us in an official way. She shouldn't be joking If millions of ppl are waiting for the album on september 5th. :sadcore:

Even Lana isn't that mean to do this. She was joking just to teas us because surprisingly the album is coming digitally this week.

Mmeow~

10 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Yes I also agree with that. Just because shes satirizing doesn't mean she isn't attracted to many elements of the American dream. She obviously has a strong fondness for classic American vibes and what the country could have been, but also seems fully aware of the faults to me.

Grace Kelly, Kim Novak, Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor, Jackie Onassis, all the famous models of the period like Suzy Parker and Dorian Leigh, international figures like Brigitte Bardot and Sophia Loren--we're still seduced and drawn in by them today.  I don't think she was automatically aware of the "faults" of the era; that was something she had to learn by educating herself. Few, if any, can see right through an entire complex era full of artifice and enormous success 'just like that.' 

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Love this movie so that would be dope!! :cumming2:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Maybe the car will fly in the air with her like in the movie when the tornado comes 

Yes, that could explain why the car had ropes attached to it and why there will be a green screen! 

2 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

the thought of lana and her band dressing up as the characters from the wizard of oz for a music video is so CHAOTIC and i love it. 

I know right! I think it will be the Wizard of Oz aesthetics adapted into Lana’s world so a real freaky-pseudo-horror-psychedelic but super glamorous, sparkly take on these characters and their looks! Especially with BRTHR directing it!

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

if she's not using this concept now she HAS to use it later

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

We have two soons..

One from Ben and one from the queen herself. ..

Its definitely not dropping after Violet. That wouldn't qualify as soon. She wouldve said Next month..instead of soon. I think we are set for a very exciting 2 weeks.

3 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Yes, that could explain why the car had ropes attached to it and why there will be a green screen! 

I know right! I think it will be the Wizard of Oz aesthetics adapted into Lana’s world so a real freaky-pseudo-horror-psychedelic but super glamorous, sparkly take on these characters and their looks! Especially with BRTHR directing it!

Something really cool about Oz is that it’s uniquely American too, L Frank Baum specifically set out to write an American fairy tale, and the Judy garland movie constantly makes #1 on lists of most influential films of all time.