Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

1 minute ago, CinnamonGay said:

Also I think she will surprise drop Let Me love U like a woman today with album cover and tracklist tomorrow and album next day ...

I’m afraid it’s getting too late now for a surprise drop today, and (unless Saturday holds out) we should get “surprise drop” out of our minds and focus on what she tells us, I don’t think there’s going to be any sudden drop, it’s gonna be planned out and announced 

"Don’t forget me"

15 minutes ago, dayayo said:

Absolutely! Look at the music and books she talks about! I mean she gives us all the keys to decipher the lyrics, consistently. That’s why the whole feminism question always perplexed me! Like do you watch the show Tamar? 
I personal pet theory for the question for culture post(s) is that she’d gone deep on the show Mrs America and got in her fucking feelings 

I don't know 'Tamar,' but will look into it. Thank you. I don't think we've come too far nor do I think we can completely criticize the 1950s or any other era. All eras have enormous problems--look at 2020. We have people, many of them women, who spent their entire lives posting glamour photos of themselves on IG, and many men doing the same. Is all this emphasis on physical appearance, fitness, muscles and beauty good or going anywhere? I do see some positive aspects of it---it allows people to support themselves and essentially make themselves a business. Today we still have classicism, racism, mass hatred and mass violence, a huge divide among the population of America, a 4th rate educational system, an unfair 'higher education system,' abuses of power of all kinds, etc. Personally, I don't think it's any better today, though of course some things have been 'corrected,' but other terrible social problems have taken their place. 

1 minute ago, CinnamonGay said:

We have two soons..

One from Ben and one from the queen herself. ..

Its definitely not dropping after Violet. That wouldn't qualify as soon. She wouldve said Next month..instead of soon. I think we are set for a very exciting 2 weeks.

CinnamonGay. God bless you. What a charming and smart user.

Mmeow~

I think we should just drop the surprise thing and forget it, the surprise is that she didn't take 2 years or more to release a new album after norman :agree:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 minute ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

DIY Glinda the Good Witch Crown (The Wizard of Oz) | Wizard of oz, Glinda the  good, Glenda the good witch The Cinematic World of Oz | Camera in the Sun | Locations Under the Lens

FBI recovers stolen ruby slippers from Wizard of Oz | 94.7 WLS | WLS-FM  this aesthetic would be AMAZING for this era / any future era! 

To be honest, I would love an October release if it meant it coincided with these aesthetics. Perfect for fall weather and that more festive feeling! This is truly turning out to be such a dream! 

DIY Glinda the Good Witch Crown (The Wizard of Oz) | Wizard of oz, Glinda the  good, Glenda the good witch The Cinematic World of Oz | Camera in the Sun | Locations Under the Lens

FBI recovers stolen ruby slippers from Wizard of Oz | 94.7 WLS | WLS-FM  this aesthetic would be AMAZING for this era / any future era! 

seriously

LANA IF YOU'RE READING THIS SAVE THESE IMAGES FOR FUTURE REFERENCES WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE THIS CONCEPT IN THE FUTURE AND I THINK YOU WOULD TOO

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Ya'll gonna be mad at me and yes I'm delusional BUT just consider this for a moment:

In Lana's video, I got the impression that she was somewhat mocking the whole date thing, but in a playful way. What if (and please don't sub-quote me and get all bitchy), it is coming on the 5th Sep, and she was purposefully dodging a straight answer as a means to keep the air of mystery surrounding COCC.
She gave a solid date for Violet ("this September"), but for COCC she said it's 'coming soon'.

Some stores don't have a date for COCC, but only just a few do (like the store that got info from UMG saying it was coming on the 5th, as opposed to some stores who probably just googled the date). It's possible the album got postponed, but what if Lana can suddenly pull it back and release it at the date she intended?

I do believe some info will come this week, and I do still have a small bit of hope that the album will be released digitally on the 5th (again, don't get all bitchy), but I don't think it'll be long to get the album if it is postponed. Most likely the first week of October.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

22 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

@RormanNockwell and @Bunny Mozart got me thinking about the Wizard of Oz theory with this video and record and I had the thought that maybe Blake, Tom, and Byron are in the video because they’re going to portray the Tin Man, Scarecrow, and Cowardly Lion to her Dorothy? Someone else also pointed out that her hairstyle matches the blonde wig Judy Garland wore early on in the filming process that was quickly scrapped. Plus, the dark scenes of the farm also  point to a Wizard of Oz moment! 

If this is in fact true, I could see the video beginning in the creepy farm which they were shooting in the second day, then a tornado comes, Lana hops in the car which flies trying to escape the tornado leaving chemtrails in the sky eventually landing in the glamorous chateau marmont like place that they were shooting in the first day, which would effectively be her ‘oz’. If In fact her band members were the characters it would explain why they were there the first day 

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

lana del rey - dorothy

blake, bryon, tom - scarecrow, cowardly lion, tin man

charlie - the wizard of oz

chuck - glinda (the good witch)

spooky (chuck's dog) - toto

ben mawson - the wicked witch of the west

ed millet - the grumpy tree

WGe8ynS.gif

lana del rey - dorothy

blake, bryon, tom - scarecrow, cowardly lion, tin man

charlie - the wizard of oz

chuck - glinda (the good witch)

spooky (chuck's dog) - toto

ben mawson - the wicked witch of the west

ed millet - the grumpy tree

Chucks iPhone-the witch under the house

14 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I agree that she satirizes the American Dream---but she's pretty much given up on satirizing it or anything on her more recent albums. I long for the wit of 'Hollywood's Dead,' 'Go Go Dancer,'  'Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight' or even 'Radio' and 'National Anthem.' I feel she's become too serious about herself to continue writing clever pastiches like those, probably because someone openly criticized her in a very negative way and said something like 'You're just a glamorous flavor of the week, and won't have a career in a year.'  

I agree that her approach has changed a bit and become more serious, but I still think the satire is there, and I also think it's all a part of the bigger story she is telling. She is evolving and maturing after all as a person.

In terms of the character and story she's creating, I feel as though Lust for Life was her way of trying to move past the gloominess of her life and find happiness, which she does to a certain degree but it's also somewhat superficial because the search for happiness can't be forced, it's a lifelong journey.

NFR seems to take a step back and examine her life as a part of the bigger picture, and also looks at the world at large. For me, The Greatest is like the climax of the story she's been telling this whole time, and "the culture is lit, and if this is it, I had a ball" is highly satirical. She's watching the world burn and recognizing that while it's been a fun ride, none of it is real because today's culture lives in a self-absorbed bubble where we turn a blind eye to all the destruction around us. Right afterwards, in Bartender, she acknowledges her role as a simple rich lady having tea parties and garden meditations, and while she enjoys it, she knows it's not enough because she still escapes in the middle of the night to find something more. Then we have Happiness is a Butterfly, which I think is a song where she regresses the most lyrically and once again explores the simple themes of a toxic relationship that keeps hurting her, because history always repeats itself and it's hard to break free from these patterns in life. Which brings us to Hope, her most lyrically profound song in my opinion where she goes deeper than ever before and recognizes how damaged she is, but she still has hope that she can change.

In Violet she finally lets us inside, not just to see what she wants us to see, but to see it all and explore her innermost thoughts. In Paradise is Very Fragile it all sinks in and she finally sees the problems with her glamorous lifestyle, because if the inhabitants of paradise take too much there will be nothing left for the rest of us, and she recognizes her role in that. Bare Feet on Lineoleum is the final thing she's left us on before Chemtrails, and it has her facing a crossroads. Does she finally abandon the superficial world she's built up around her and keep searching for something real, or does she lean further into complacency and chop vegetables into stew for the rest of her life. Given the horrifying music that accompanies that ending, I assume that she's going to "wake up" in Chemtrails and break open her world to continue her search for happiness in a new direction.

Sorry for the rambling novel LOL it's just fun to think about and explore the story she's telling. I think ultimately Lana will always be telling a story about the lifelong journey towards peace and happiness, and while she may never get there fully, it's a beautiful thing to experience as it's a journey most people in the world can relate to in some way or another.