Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Y'all expecting the worst from LMLYLAW but watch her make a very powerful feminist piece about how woman can be powerful but at the same time fragile, intense but at the same time soft and how all these things make her a woman and all these different sides of her still love said person 310F.gif after all she's not fragile like a flower she's fragile like a bomb

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

1 minute ago, RormanNockwell said:

Okay, I'm sayin' it.

Honestly, that title is concerning, but I hope it's nothing like what I think it could potentially be about.

I was just talking with a friend last night and we were saying how we hope it's not along the lines of: she's had a bi partner and loved him better or even differently than a man, because it just seems so superfluous to put in the "like a woman". We all know she's a woman, so ... what is she getting at?

Hopefully it's just an over-the-top love song or has some other meaning.

:coffee:

I’m thinking there’s going to be a potential lyric like ‘let me love you like a woman, and you can love me like a man’ or something. Following her question for the culture post where she defends her ‘anti feminist’ lyrics, this would make sense. Also, she could just be like. Saying ‘let me in, let me take care of you’ etc.. or it could be the opposite and take from ‘hell hath no fury like a woman scorned’ and be totally angry and obsessive/aggressive

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

i think what she means by "let me love you like a woman" she means, playing into the traditional sterotypical roles of a woman in a relationship, being gentle, caring, submissive, a provider but knowing lana, i think it will be from a place of empowerment? in the sense that she can be submissive, and gentle, and almost motherly, but she isn't letting her power being taken away? that's how i interpreted it.

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

1 minute ago, Cacciatore said:

Y'all expecting the worst from LMLYLAW but watch her make a very powerful feminist piece about how woman can be powerful but at the same time fragile, intense but at the same time soft and how all these things make her a woman and all these different sides of her still love said person 310F.gif after all she's not fragile like a flower she's fragile like a bomb

She’s not not a feminist. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

Just now, Cacciatore said:

Omg, when somebody asks me to describe Honeymoon, i do it like that

0YnL0Kf.gif

2 minutes ago, GroupieLove said:

if it's not coming in the next 3 hours i'm SUING her and her team for spreading misleading information.

KREMDtZ.gif

then get a lawyer OFF: Coletânea de prints dos lirous odiando a residência de Vegas - PAN -  pandlr

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

1 minute ago, Cacciatore said:

Just now, VioletBunny said:

I’m thinking there’s going to be a potential lyric like ‘let me love you like a woman, and you can love me like a man’ or something. Following her question for the culture post where she defends her ‘anti feminist’ lyrics, this would make sense. Also, she could just be like. Saying ‘let me in, let me take care of you’ etc.. or it could be the opposite and take from ‘hell hath no fury like a woman scorned’ and be totally angry and obsessive/aggressive

Yes, points were made.

I feel somewhat reassured.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Maybe she’s addressing a situation in which she’s moving from loving someone, not necessarily a man, in a platonic way to a romantic and/or sexual way, and thus wants to love the other specifically as a woman and not merely as an individual. 

On the other hand, it could have no specific meaning; it could just be that those lyrics fit the melody and overall tone of the song or rest of the lyrics, or LDR thought it sounded good as a title. 

She said surprise release and she gave us a date, with other things sprinkled in like vids and stuff. She doesn’t owe us constant updates and a schedule of every stage of the rollout. This era is exactly as it should be, she owes us nothing literally and it’s fucking amazing that she’s releasing another album so soon after her masterpiece. If it doesn’t come or is delayed, ok it’ll still come soon

9 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

She’s not not a feminist. 

She doesn't have to be a feminist. I wish people would understand that. Y'all need to stop trying to box her in. Let her express herself authentically without having to conform to whatever you think is correct.

let me be who i'm meant to be

those threads were on fire, we couldn't get higher

we didn't know that we had it all, but nobody warns you before september 4th :crying5:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 minute ago, Lanadeleswift said:

She said surprise release and she gave us a date, with other things sprinkled in like vids and stuff. She doesn’t owe us constant updates and a schedule of every stage of the rollout. This era is exactly as it should be, she owes us nothing literally and it’s fucking amazing that she’s releasing another album so soon after her masterpiece. If it doesn’t come or is delayed, ok it’ll still come soon

Actually, the moment a year ago that she said she was likely going to “just drop” WHF, even that statement made the eventual release a non-‘surprise release.’ Technically speaking 

14 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

Okay, I'm sayin' it.

Honestly, that title is concerning, but I hope it's nothing like what I think it could potentially be about.

I was just talking with a friend last night and we were saying how we hope it's not along the lines of: she's had a bi partner and loved him better or even differently than a man, because it just seems so superfluous to put in the "like a woman". We all know she's a woman, so ... what is she getting at?

I think it's one of those songs where the girl feels like she's treated as "one of the guys", or a situation where he keeps acting like she's a little girl instead of an adult woman?

Just now, daisy fresh witch said:

let me love you like a woman

and you can hurt me like a man

with my heart made of fire

and the softness of a lamb

I find myself broken down by you

again

it's so annoying how it fits the tulsa jesus freak rhythm so well:toofloppy:

4 minutes ago, strange weather said:

She doesn't have to be a feminist. I wish people would understand that. Y'all need to stop trying to box her in. Let her express herself authentically without having to conform to whatever you think is correct.

Exactly. The main idea about feminism is that women must have the option to be or not to be (or do) anything. Yet people judge her for not being what they think she should be

Pp5b5s3.jpg?1

As a straight guy (sorry!) I didn’t even think there was a problem with the song title—and I still don’t really see the problem? Isn’t it okay to be proud to be a woman, even if it means you fall within a certain stereotype?

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

6 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Actually, the moment a year ago that she said she was likely going to “just drop” WHF, even that statement made the eventual release a non-‘surprise release.’ Technically speaking 

I agree with that, she squandered the purity of the surprise by announcing it lol

LMLYLAW will probably be problematic, this is her "White Woman" era afterall*

It'll either be some vague gender essentialism of a womanly spirit, or a typical 'womanly' way of being.

Why would Lana of all people take a particularly nuanced or postmodernist approach to gender or whatever? She's not that politically engaged beyond being vaguely liberal like most Americans are, so she probably doesn't know the particulars about this issue.

Our best hope is that she doesn't say the title often (or at all) or far away from any sort of stereotypical associations with femininity and womanhood that are exclusionary or traditional :eek: 

I'm being facetious, but the title having associations with white people and wealth and her going back blonde specifically for this era makes the joke easy to make

:creep: