Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

9 minutes ago, World At War said:

I think it's one of those songs where the girl feels like she's treated as "one of the guys", or a situation where he keeps acting like she's a little girl instead of an adult woman?

Imagine her taking it back to her Lolita days and telling her daddy she wants to love him like a woman even if she’s just a little girl ugh the collapse 

4 minutes ago, Mer Boy said:

As a straight guy (sorry!) I didn’t even think there was a problem with the song title—and I still don’t really see the problem? Isn’t it okay to be proud to be a woman, even if it means you fall within a certain stereotype?

Wait are you straight? I thought your username was a reference to Mer Girl by Madonna :rip:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

1 hour ago, AsDangerousAsHope said:

Of course not all women but in general women are more caring, affectionate and really care about pleasing you 

I was kinda thinking this from all the women in my life, but I definitely can see that w societal norms and stuff yeah. not a woman, but it gets me thinking at this one quote I was reading at how women usually think a lot more and examine themselves first in a relationship while men don't usually do so, so that could even be a start... I wonder what it's gonna b about tho yeah.. 

UV/Honeymoon

The idea that LMLYLAW might be about a bisexual male that the presumably female narrator/singer wants to show ‘what being made love to’ is really all about seems wayyyyy out on a limb and somewhat hysterical to me. 

If we want to take it that far, and we’re really very, very concerned about it, so we’re bravely ‘just going to say it,’ how do we know the narrator/singer isn’t a trans woman? LDR steps into a lot of roles (as well as rolls). 

6 minutes ago, Mer Boy said:

As a straight guy (sorry!) I didn’t even think there was a problem with the song title—and I still don’t really see the problem? Isn’t it okay to be proud to be a woman, even if it means you fall within a certain stereotype?

There isn’t a problem for 99.99% of people and won’t be when the track is released. 

28 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

Okay, I'm sayin' it.

Honestly, that title is concerning, but I hope it's nothing like what I think it could potentially be about.

I was just talking with a friend last night and we were saying how we hope it's not along the lines of: she's had a bi partner and loved him better or even differently than a man, because it just seems so superfluous to put in the "like a woman". We all know she's a woman, so ... what is she getting at?

Hopefully it's just an over-the-top love song or has some other meaning.

:coffee:

I really think it might be a nod to how she was mentioning how she didn't really fit w mainstream feminism, and how her softness or brand of femininity is looked down upon, and perceived to be unempowering.. but for her, she owns it. what i'm thinking anyway.. 

and hmm maybe like Summertime Sadness teas? i never really paid much attention to it, but hey that's also an avenue .. wondering too.. 

UV/Honeymoon

Idk if this was mentioned but a Twitter account I follow said that genius has the date as “September 18th”. I know anyone can change that but just thought it was interesting

All I wanna do is get high by the beach

2 minutes ago, vodkaa said:

I was kinda thinking this from all the women in my life, but I definitely can see that w societal norms and stuff yeah. not a woman, but it gets me thinking at this one quote I was reading at how women usually think a lot more and examine themselves first in a relationship while men don't usually do so, so that could even be a start... I wonder what it's gonna b about tho yeah.. 

Yes, exactly! It happens not only in relationships but in every social situation really. I can't wait to hear the song so we can understand why this title

Pp5b5s3.jpg?1

Just now, UltraviolenceMike said:

Idk if this was mentioned but a Twitter account I follow said that genius has the date as “September 18th”. I know anyone can change that but just thought it was interesting

I wouldn't be mad at that if she released LMLYLAW next wednesday, then on friday the cover + tracklist with a pre order and the week after that the album + MV OFF: Coletânea de prints dos lirous odiando a residência de Vegas - PAN -  pandlr

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

5 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

The idea that LMLYLAW might be about a bisexual male that the presumably female narrator/singer wants to show ‘what being made love to’ is really all about seems wayyyyy out on a limb and somewhat hysterical to me. 

If we want to take it that far, and we’re really very, very concerned about it, so we’re bravely ‘just going to say it,’ how do we know the narrator/singer isn’t a trans woman? LDR steps into a lot of roles (as well as rolls). 

It wasn't that serious, Verty

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

i'm honestly pretty excited to hear the song now, especially if it's about being an empowered woman, while also taking on a more traditional, submissive role in a relationship, it's definitely something i find interesting. 

pink rose gif - Free animated GIF - PicMix

1 minute ago, Doin Time said:

The meltdowns over the title already :toofloppy: Why can't twitter save the assumptions for after the track is released 

Some just want to throw timber on the fire because LDR has presumably dared to raise something resembling a gender issue. 

Just now, LemonadeHeavens said:

i'm honestly pretty excited to hear the song now, especially if it's about being an empowered woman, while also taking on a more traditional, submissive role in a relationship, it's definitely something i find interesting. 

seriously in love w this concept. bc sometimes, it's so much more powerful to really be able to forgive, or be submissive. idk if anyone else feels that way too. 

UV/Honeymoon

5 minutes ago, Mer Boy said:

The problem is it seems to imply there is a "way" to be a woman (and knowing Lana she'd probably cave into traditional feminine tropes instead of expansive 'gender is a social construct' types of ideas)

For example, if "Loving someone like a woman" is being submissive, docile, overly supportive and putting the man ahead of herself, being the receiver in bed, she'll probably get dragged for being regressive towards women's rights and feminism etc etc. It's totally okay if that's what being a woman is to her, even though many would find that degrading and stupid etc, but she's really not found a great way to articulate this IMO. I'm a pretty big academic feminist and even I think its a tight rope to walk to try to express this openly with like regular people or casual feminist leaning people. Doesn't mean there isn't a place/way to do it but yeah.

The Question for the Culture post was like from what I took when I read it the first time, kind of supposed to be about her proudly claiming that she's okay being typically soft, feminine, etc. in a relationship and with men (and discussing the ways its hurt her incl. abuse etc) and doesn't want to feel like she can't talk about that honestly w.o being accused of dragging women's rights back a century. She was basically like, why don't feminists support my right to speak about that, but they do pretty openly support XYZ actions of other women who have done things that society at one point found inappropriate) However, her message got lost super quick with the optics and she was rightfully dragged, and then she dug her heels in even further so... :toofloppy:

Let Me Love You Like A Woman sounds so....stepford wife. if that's the case, "feminist" twitter will probably rip her to shreds. especially cause she's now on stan twitter's shit list. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

Just now, Vertimus said:

Some just want to throw timber on the fire because LDR has presumably dared to raise something resembling a gender issue. 

How dare she, it's as if she IS  a woman :biblio::biblio::biblio:

zv4Hf7L.png