Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

i definitely feel like it's going to be very similar to the submissive, gentle woman she was / wrote about in the born to die era, but more mature, strong, and self assured. back in the btd, she wrote a lot about needing a man's love and security, and it almost came off as co-dependent (not that i think those are feelings she can't write about, because it's real feelings and struggles people have) but i feel like now she wants to take on the role of wanting to be deeply in love, submissive, and help provide for him, but she can still be independent and confident in herself.

WGe8ynS.gif

3 minutes ago, drugsdesire said:

maybe its something like "let me love you like a WOMAN, the total package with all of my faults because i want you to see who i really am" 

I want these to be the real lyrics so badly 

All I wanna do is get high by the beach

I think, like regardless of gender. there's a power in being able to negotiate rather than be bursting thru things, and I personally think it's like a lost art. most women probably know how to work it better without men even realizing and that's POWERFUL. lord knows how patient most women are w their guys NFR title track teas.

UV/Honeymoon

I think it’s quite unfair to Lana to assume that LMLYLAW will be problematic; I think there’s something very empowering about Lana striking a more traditionally feminine stance and thematically playing around with that “fragility” she discussed in May, especially in a time where women are often disassociated from their own hyper-femininity - and that’s not at all a bad thing, necessarily, it’s just the way the culture has evolved currently - and I think Lana, with or without realizing it, is being inclusive of all women by shaping her own narrative and giving herself room to be more vulnerable in regards to her fragility, which is a strength in and of itself - and shows people of all walks of life that as humans, we contain layers, multitudes, etc. that allow us to confront the darkness and the lightness of our deepest selves. 

I think Let Me Love You Like A Woman will touch upon the fact that she's always rejected by feminists for not being what some people think an empowered woman should be, and she will explore that being a woman is whatever you want it to be and there needs to be space for all different women in feminism like she talked about her in question for the culture. Let me love you like the woman I am, not like the woman you want me to pretend to be.

21 minutes ago, strange weather said:

She doesn't have to be a feminist. I wish people would understand that. Y'all need to stop trying to box her in. Let her express herself authentically without having to conform to whatever you think is correct.

She should i mean... Being a feminist is the bare minimum actually. If you're not a feminist today you're directly being sexist, there's no other option. That would mean not being supportive of women's rights and she's not like that. She has shown support and more interest on women's issues these past years. She may not agree with certain aspects of feminism bc there's a lot of them, but she definitely is.

As I said, how are people going to react IF it turns out LDR has assumed the role of a trans woman for LMLYLAW, and that is who is speaking and saying “let me love you like a woman’ to, presumably, a CIS male? 

It’s foolish to get upset or to challenge LDR when no one has even heard the song yet. 

And, as always, it’s her ****ing song and she can say WHATEVER she wants in it, and then take the applause, the indifference and the attacks. Just like anyone else who gets up on the world stage. 

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I think it’s quite unfair to Lana to assume that LMLYLAW will be problematic; I think there’s something very empowering about Lana striking a more traditionally feminine stance and thematically playing around with that “fragility” she discussed in May, especially in a time where women are often disassociated from their own hyper-femininity - and that’s not at all a bad thing, necessarily, it’s just the way the culture has evolved currently - and I think Lana, with or without realizing it, is being inclusive of all women by shaping her own narrative and giving herself room to be more vulnerable in regards to her fragility, which is a strength in and of itself - and shows people of all walks of life that as humans, we contain layers, multitudes, etc. that allow us to confront the darkness and the lightness of our deepest selves. 

I think her, fighting for herself, and being her own woman, does resonate and champion for women who can't, don't know, or don't even want to become some other type of woman than who they are, and that's powerful. strip the gender focus from it, and it's great bc ur allowed to be who you are. 

UV/Honeymoon

2 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I think Let Me Love You Like A Woman will touch upon the fact that she's always rejected by feminists for not being what some people think an empowered woman should be, and she will explore that being a woman is whatever you want it to be and there needs to be space for all different women in feminism like she talked about her in question for the culture. Let me love you like the woman I am, not like the woman you want me to pretend to be.

We would have to stan this :ohmy: 

I hope you're right. Lana is more well spoken through her lyrics and poetry than she is in like social media posts or just interviews so if this is the point she's *trying* to make, I hope it comes across well.

6 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i definitely feel like it's going to be very similar to the submissive, gentle woman she was / wrote about in the born to die era, but more mature, strong, and self assured. back in the btd, she wrote a lot about needing a man's love and security, and it almost came off as co-dependent (not that i think those are feelings she can't write about, because it's real feelings and struggles people have) but i feel like now she wants to take on the role of wanting to be deeply in love, submissive, and help provide for him, but she can still be independent and confident in herself.

I didn’t notice anything very submissive about the narrator of ‘Cola,’ or ‘G&M’ either, and that era was pretty close to the BTD era. 

Just now, Vertimus said:

As I said, how are people going to react IF it turns out LDR has assumed the role of a trans woman for LMLYLAW, and that is who is speaking and saying “let me love you like a woman’ to, presumably, a CIS male? 

It’s foolish to get upset or to challenge LDR when no one has even heard the song yet. 

And, as always, it’s her ****ing song and she can say WHATEVER she wants in it, and then take the applause, the indifference and the attacks. Just like anyone else who gets up on the world stage. 

What are you talking about? Absolutely no one is getting upset.

99% of the posts in this thread are speculative, so I'm not sure why you're so pressed over people speculating about the subject matter of a song. Chill.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

3 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Excuse me but... what are you even talking about? How is she (a cis woman) going to speak in the name of a trans woman and what type of nosense is that.

5 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I didn’t notice anything very submissive about the narrator of ‘Cola,’ or ‘G&M’ either, and that era was pretty close to the BTD era. 

she definitely takes on different roles in her music, she tells a variety of stories. songs like "without you" and "million dollar man" definitely take on a vulnerable, submissive role, some songs don't really seem to be much about her or at least her roles in her relationships, like "carmen". she definitely has more assured, upbeat songs from those earlier days, like you said, cola and g&m, i think radio would also fit that category. i don't think it's fair to act like her music is entirely about being fragile, submissive, and insecure.

WGe8ynS.gif

I can see Lana making another "he hit me and it felt like a kiss" type of line just out of spite but I know she would never come into the studio and be like "so today I want to write a song about my bisexual partner and the fact I can love him better than any men out there" :rip:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

5 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

this is so off character for her, I don't see her doing something like this tbh. which, w all of our saturated opinions and "lore" of her on here, it'd just be the strangest thing. not sure if she's even mentioned her gay fans, let alone pretend to be a trans woman, two cents. 

but, she's always done what's she wanted, so I don't really think she's gonna change when it comes to that, and that's refreshing. 

UV/Honeymoon