Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

lana's approach to feminism is the same as her approach to religion: take what you want and leave the rest. 

after WOMEN spent years attacking her in the media when she was at her most vulnerable in the name of feminism, it's not really that shocking that she's turned off to the idea of calling herself one. 

i think she can and has definitely made strides in regards to how she views herself, but after years of being called a prostitute, drug addict, and puppet by "woke" media publications, i think she's earned the right to be somewhat ~ambivalent~ to the title. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

4 minutes ago, Cacciatore said:

I can see Lana making another "he hit me and it felt like a kiss" type of line just out of spite but I know she would never come into the studio and be like "so today I want to write a song about my bisexual partner and the fact I can love him better than any men out there" :rip:

:omfg2:

but at this point I really wouldn't put anything past her

The glimmering spanner that was thrown in the works. Glorious.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I don't think the song will be controversial. It may have that "feminine and glamorous touch" that a lot of her songs have, i think she just wanted to say that she can do both ( talk about sex, being empowered etc) and at the same time being soft, sensitive and perhaps submissive in certain situations or relationships, but still being a free and empowered woman.

Lana is a feminist, but she probably just doesn't want that to be the focus about her like some artists out there who like to proclaim themselves as feminists for publicity but attack other women on the first chance they get cof cof demi lovato also there are a lot of feminists out there who say they're there for all kinds of women but in the moment a woman says she likes to be fragile or something like that they discredit her completely so I kinda get Lana's approach to the subject.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

7 minutes ago, Cacciatore said:

I can see Lana making another "he hit me and it felt like a kiss" type of line just out of spite but I know she would never come into the studio and be like "so today I want to write a song about my bisexual partner and the fact I can love him better than any men out there" :rip:

iconic if she did, though... we could just pretend it was a satirical insight into the mind of an upper class cishet white woman

2 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

Why judge a song that isn't even released yet... 

I don't think anyone is ... it's just a discussion

iT's cOmInG oUt SePtEmBeR 5tH discourse shall resume soon, I'm sure.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

2 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

I don't think anyone is ... it's just a discussion

iT's cOmInG oUt SePtEmBeR 5tH discourse shall resume soon, I'm sure.

My bad, I hadn't been on all day and was wondering why people were going in so deep with the title. For a second I thought the song had dropped.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Only 26 hours for COCC honestly I can't wait for Lana to scalp me because I'm in desperate need of a haircut but still too scared to actually go to the hairdresser :sadcore:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

24 minutes ago, irvnex said:

Excuse me but... what are you even talking about? How is she (a cis woman) going to speak in the name of a trans woman and what type of nosense is that.

Why is it nonsense in any sense? Where is your sense of imagination and creative freedom? 

She and other songwriters step into roles all the time when writing. Do you think LDR was actually  the go go dancer in the song of that name, or the psychopathic murderer of ‘Live or Die,’ or the mature woman of ‘Old Money’? Or the young woman heading back to Alabama in ‘I Talk to Jesus’? Or the presumably jilted woman of ‘Fine China,’ or the person with a gun to their head in ‘Is This Happiness’? Or the girl in love with the blue collar worker in ‘How to Disappear’?    

LDR could easily slip into any role that inspires her, including a CIS male, a lesbian or a trans woman. Or anything individual of any background. 

46 minutes ago, Cacciatore said:

Wait are you straight? I thought your username was a reference to Mer Girl by Madonna :rip:

No lol I didn’t realize the reference until it was pointed out. My username is an old nickname given to be by an ex lol 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

6 minutes ago, Cacciatore said:

Lana is a feminist, but she probably just doesn't want that to be the focus about her like some artists out there who like to proclaim themselves as feminists for publicity but attack other women on the first chance they get cof cof demi lovato also there are a lot of feminists out there who say they're there for all kinds of women but in the moment a woman says she likes to be fragile or something like that they discredit her completely so I kinda get Lana's approach to the subject.

lana came up in an age where the standard female pop star was a Boss Bitch Lady Gaga was the feminist gay icon, Beyonce was all about Girls Running the World, Nicki Minaj was a muthafuckin monster, etc. It was all about girl power and crazy fashion and not needing a man lol. 

Now then there's poor lil Lana who wears her heart on her sleeve, doesn't really have much media training, and writes songs about how much she loves/misses her boyfriend(s). She doesn't take much of a "stance" on things- she writes a song like Ultraviolence about abusive relationships, but rather than condemning them and writing some empowering anthem about leaving, she just kind of describes what it was like and leaves it at that. 

so people picked on her like crazy cause they didn't understand her (or pretended to not understand her) because she wasn't the cookie cutter girl power pop star they were used to. and of course, the cringey "SJW" culture that arose on the internet around this time didn't really work in her favor lol. so while other girls were "sex symbols" and "bad bitches" and "sexually liberated, empowered women"- lana got called a prostitute and a cokehead who slept around in hollywood and was a doormat to shitty men.

tbh it was really fucked up the way they all just ganged up on her, so no wonder she's so resentful of it now

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

21 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

she definitely takes on different roles in her music, she tells a variety of stories. songs like "without you" and "million dollar man" definitely take on a vulnerable, submissive role, some songs don't really seem to be much about her or at least her roles in her relationships, like "carmen". she definitely has more assured, upbeat songs from those earlier days, like you said, cola and g&m, i think radio would also fit that category. i don't think it's fair to act like her music is entirely about being fragile, submissive, and insecure.

Right, because she’s definitely not. Look at ‘In My Feelings,’ look at ‘Serene Queen,’ look the the older, unreleased ‘Live or Die’ or ‘Velvet Crowbar.’