Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Reading all this speculation about the song makes me need it to come out NOWWWWW. Lana I want to know YOUR thoughts on what it means to love like a woman! :cumming2:

2 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Why is it nonsense in any sense? where is your sense of imagination and creative freedom? 

She and other songwriters step into roles all the time when writing. Do you think LDR was actually  the go go dancer in the song of that name, or the psychopathic murderer of ‘Live or Die,’ or the mature woman of ‘Old Money’? Or the young woman heading back to Alabama in ‘I Talk to Jesus’? Or the presumably jilted woman of ‘Fine China,’ or the person with a gun to their head in ‘Is This Happiness’? Or the girl in love with the blue collar worker in ‘How to Disappear’?    

LDR could easily slip into any role that inspires her, including a CIS male, a lesbian or a trans woman. Or anything individual of any background. 

No... she can't do whatever she wants to. Those are totally different things. You can write fictional scenarios or use metaphors or exaggerations to tell a story, but she can't pretend to be part of an oppressed collective? That's literally very disrespectful and out of place.

13 minutes ago, irvnex said:

No... she can't do whatever she wants to. Those are totally different things. You can write fictional scenarios or use metaphors or exaggerations to tell a story, but she can't pretend to be part of an oppressed collective? That's literally very disrespectful and out of place.

She wouldn’t be ‘pretending’ anything, it could be a fully sensitive and understanding portrayal that would not be in the least disrespectful, and yes, she CAN do and write whatever she wants to—and you, in turn, have the freedom to reject anything she or anyone else does. You seem to be the one seeing exploitation and negativity in anything to do with the trans community. 

Did the Beatles have to be lonely, neglected middle-aged women to write ‘Eleanor Rigby’? Did Mexican-American Joan Baez have to be a Southern male living during the Civil War to cover ‘The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down’? And so with Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, the Rolling Stones, Tori Amos and scores of other classic songwriters who often stepped into completely different personas when writing. That’s called art and artistry. 

i believe that lana felt the need to portray herself as a confident, strong, less submissive woman during the lfl and nfr era to appease others, she definitely played it safe. i think now, she's tired of putting on a facade for anyone's approval, this is very evident from her infamous letter, and even just from the tulsa jesus freak snippet, the lyrics are sultry and intriguing. even some of her more later works, transitioning into the lana we know now, are very "submissive" yet very powerful and beautiful, such as religion. the honeymoon album is definitely a classic ldr album, however you can tell she steps into her power more, but it doesn't feel forced. religion is such a great song that expresses the intense feelings she has for her lover, and i don't see it as "weak" or "toxic". i feel like lmlylaw could be similar, at the end of the day, i want lana to do what makes her happy and satisfied when it comes to her art, but she should never hold herself back for anyone's approval. 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Why the frick are we arguing wether it’s appropriate for Lana to sing from the perspective of a transwoman? Why even bring that up? What does that analogy serve to prove?

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

28 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Why is it nonsense in any sense? Where is your sense of imagination and creative freedom? 

She and other songwriters step into roles all the time when writing. Do you think LDR was actually  the go go dancer in the song of that name, or the psychopathic murderer of ‘Live or Die,’ or the mature woman of ‘Old Money’? Or the young woman heading back to Alabama in ‘I Talk to Jesus’? Or the presumably jilted woman of ‘Fine China,’ or the person with a gun to their head in ‘Is This Happiness’? Or the girl in love with the blue collar worker in ‘How to Disappear’?    

LDR could easily slip into any role that inspires her, including a CIS male, a lesbian or a trans woman. Or anything individual of any background. 

errr-

Oh yikes the delusions have turned to anger :/

We don’t even know the theme of the song we should know better than to judge a song by the title 

1 minute ago, JehovahThikness said:

wait is there really a theory that she's LMLYLAW will be about a trans person i'm so confused 

no, delusions have went from album the 5th to this...

"Don’t forget me"

30 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Why is it nonsense in any sense? Where is your sense of imagination and creative freedom? 

This is sooooo ignorant it hurts but I honestly can't be bothered.

Suffice to say that just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

Anyway the vinyl shall be sapphire blue

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

1 minute ago, JehovahThikness said:

wait is there really a theory that she's LMLYLAW will be about a trans person i'm so confused 

No. I was just saying that, right now, there’s no use criticizing a song no one has heard because we do not know yet what LDR means by ‘woman.’ And many people are jumping to conclusions because they think they know what her lyrical/narrative approach is going to be. 

8 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

She wouldn’t be ‘pretending’ anything, it could be a fully sensitive and understanding portrayal that would not be in the least disrespectful, and yes, she CAN do and write whatever she wants to—and you, in turn, have the freedom to reject anything she or anyone else does. You seem to be the one seeing exploitation and negativity in anything to do with the trans community. 

Did the Beatles have to be lonely, neglected middle-aged women to write ‘Eleanor Rigby’? Did Mexican-American Joan Baez have to be a Southern male living during the Civil War to cover ‘The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down’? And so with Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, the Rolling Stones, Tori Amos and scores of other classic songwriters who often stepped into completely different personas when writing. That’s called art and artistry. 

Now why are you trying to accuse me of something that doesn't even make sense? You're talking about something out ot place and disrespectful. You can't compare singing from the perspective of a middle-aged women to a trans woman? this is not even up for debate. Lana is not part of that community so she doesn't have the right to talk in their name and she wouldn't do something like that. You're creating a nonsense out of nowhere.

3 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

Oh yikes the delusions have turned to anger :/

We don’t even know the theme of the song we should know better than to judge a song by the title 

Absolutely. 

i wonder how LMLYLAW will rank amongst her other lead singles.

WC > VG > MAC > HBTB > Love

I could imagine it being in between VG and MAC because the insider said it is Fine China-esque and I love me some Fine China

TjRQ.gifLczfoG7.gifTjRQ.gif

Just now, fantascination said:

k so are we expecting something to drop in an hour and forty eight minutes? Should I stay up?

#teamdelulu :glasses:

Only thing is gonna drop dead is our hope

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: