Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Just now, vodkaa said:

I wonder how much she'll keep in contact w local record stores when her stuff comes out physically. bc rn they don't seem(?) to be getting any news so. ofc doesn't excuse digital sales, but preorders do come to mind. 

perhaps due to the pandemic, all of the physical sales will be done via delivery - her official website, umg, amazon, etc

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

19 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

This is sooooo ignorant it hurts but I honestly can't be bothered.

Suffice to say that just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

Anyway the vinyl shall be sapphire blue

Yeah, sure. Because trans people are somehow completely above and beyond human, right? Unassailable? They may be some completely protected class to you, and more, to your ideology, but guess what? They’re human. Before gay liberation, a lot of people who didn’t claim to be gay wrote and covered sympathetic songs about gay people, and thus brought that message to the masses. Filmmakers did the same. 

You can’t make a valid argument. Which doesn’t surprise me. 

The fact is, from oral tradition and border ballads foreword, most songwriting has involved the writer stepping into the proverbial shoes of a created character. I am suggesting LDR may—may—be doing the same here. But of course that’s lost on you. 

Those feminists that judge other women for behaving a certain way are the complete opposite of what they claim to stand for and therefore are complete and utter morons

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Just now, Vertimus said:

Yeah, sure. Because trans people are somehow completely above and beyond human, right? Unassailable? They may be some completely protected class to you, and more, to your ideology, but guess what? They’re human. before gay liberation, a lot of people who didn’t claim to be gay wrote and covered sympathetic songs about gay people, and thus brought that message to the masses. Filmmakers did the same. 

The fact is, from oral tradition and border ballads foreword, most songwriting has involved the writer stepping into the proverbial shoes of a created character. I am suggesting LDR may—may—be doing the same here. But of course that’s lost on you. 

I'm not interested in arguing with someone who is being as tone deaf as you are. This is an ongoing theme of yours, and I know how it's going to go. @irvnex has already outlined the problem with your views.

If you still don't get it, then I suggest you go away and educate yourself.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

5 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Yeah, sure. Because trans people are somehow completely above and beyond human, right? Unassailable? They may be some completely protected class to you, and more, to your ideology, but guess what? They’re human. before gay liberation, a lot of people who didn’t claim to be gay wrote and covered sympathetic songs about gay people, and thus brought that message to the masses. Filmmakers did the same. 

i think the issue here is that lana herself isn't trans and probably doesn't understands the struggles, she doesn't know what it's like to suffer from gender dysphoria, or fearing what others will think of you, and trying to transition successfully, if she wrote a song from the point of view of somebody transgender, it may come off as uneducated and inaccurate to the struggles they face, even if she has good intentions, it just wouldn't be the best look. 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

False dichotomy and argumentum ex silentio are the very basis of some of you guys' argumentations to paint Lana a certain way over any and everything she does and doesn't do these days.

29 minutes ago, irvnex said:

Now why are you trying to accuse me of something that doesn't even make sense? You're talking about something out ot place and disrespectful. You can't compare singing from the perspective of a middle-aged women to a trans woman? this is not even up for debate. Lana is not part of that community so she doesn't have the right to talk in their name and she wouldn't do something like that. You're creating a nonsense out of nowhere.

Sorry—you DON’T have to be ‘part of a community’ to write about it, OBVIOUSLY. That’s just a political slant you’ve been taught and have adopted.

I guess no CIS male can write a women’s theatrical part, like Tennessee Williams did to extraordinary effect in the 1950s, because he wasn’t a part of THAT community—he wasn’t a CIS woman or any kind of woman. Let’s burn his plays—it’s not too late. 

And likewise, I suppose no woman can create and write a male character, as they’ve been doing for well over a hundred years, because they’re not biologically male. 

I am speaking from the very wide real world, not some 2020 ‘grove of academy’ where individuals all parrot back to one another the same propaganda. 

2 minutes ago, MagdaleneRay said:

Y’all are DELUSIONAL, y’all know damn well that song is not about transgender

No one is saying it is. We’re saying quit judging her approach to the subject on the song until we’ve heard it, because ‘woman’ can mean a lot of things TODAY.  

Period. 

1 minute ago, cinnamongirI said:

where did this conversation even come from im so confused. 

i made a joke about her having a girlfriend and then i left to eat dinner and came back to...this

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

Sorry—you DON’T have to be ‘part of a community’ to write about it, OBVIOUSLY. That’s just a political slant you’ve been taught and have adopted.

I guess no CIS male can write a women’s theatrical part, like Tennessee Williams did to extraordinary effect in the 1950s, because he wasn’t a part of THAT community—he wasn’t a CIS woman or any kind of woman. Let’s burn his plays—it’s not too late. 

And likewise, I suppose no woman can create and write a male character, as they’ve been doing for well over a hundred years, because they’re not biologically male. 

I am speaking from the Very wide real world, not some 2020 ‘grove of academy’ where individuals all parrot back to one another the same propaganda. 

You're being tone deaf and ignorant. And this is disrespectful in many ways but I don't have the energy so anyways.