Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

2 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

where did this conversation even come from im so confused. 

Just Verty making stuff up and then explaining it to us as if he's so enlightened.

Nothing new.

Moving on ...

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

i've never liked the idea of referring someone to a community simply based on their gender identity or sexuality, i know it's not malicious but something abt it just doesn't sit right with me... does anyone else feel this way? to me it just ostracizes them/us more... but that's a long debate we don't need to get into here 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

i've never liked the idea of referring someone to a community simply based on their gender identity or sexuality, i know it's not malicious but something abt it just doesn't sit right with me... does anyone else feel this way? to me it just ostracizes them/us more... but that's a long debate we don't need to get into here 

i think it definitely depends on the topic of focus. 

UV/Honeymoon

8 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i think the issue here is that lana herself isn't trans and probably doesn't understands the struggles, she doesn't know what it's like to suffer from gender dysphoria, or fearing what others will think of you, and trying to transition successfully, if she wrote a song from the point of view of somebody transgender, it may come off as uneducated and inaccurate to the struggles they face, even if she has good intentions, it just wouldn't be the best look. 

MIGHT, yes. Might.

But I wasn’t judging the lyrical success or failure of such an attempt, or the wisdom, only that a) we have no definite idea of what she means by the title yet, and b) she is entitled to write whatever the hell she wants, regardless of the fascistic idealogy of dome people today. 

This whole thread is a mess :rip:

see y’all tomorrow unless it’s still insanity 

don’t worry I’ll be lurkin tho :oopna:

"Don’t forget me"

Just now, Vertimus said:

MIGHT, yes. Might.

But I wasn’t judging the lyrical success or failure of such an attempt, or the wisdom, only that a) we have no definite idea of what she means by the title yet, and b) she is entitled to write whatever the hell she wants, regardless of the fascistic idealogy of dome people today. 

technically, yes, she can write about whatever she wants, but she's not free from other's criticisms if she chooses to write about something she doesn't fully understand. it's just that simple. 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

We all know damn well there is noooo stock of this anywhere. We’re barely hanging on to a thread with a digital release, we’ll know more the next few weeks I’m sure :kiss2:

"Don’t forget me"

4 minutes ago, irvnex said:

You're being tone deaf and ignorant. And this is disrespectful in many ways but I don't have the energy so anyways.

‘Tone deaf’ = in other words, I am not in agreement with you. 

Disrespectful to whom? Again: 

‘Disrespectful’ = simply not agreeing with you. 

I could make the same argument: 

‘You’re not agreeing with me, you’re being tone deaf and disrespectful.’

5 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

LOUDER :gclap:

I feel like it just creates/perpetuates hivemind mentality in and out of a community, like you have to be, look or act a certain way to be apart of the community, which ultimately leaves no place for individuality

Why do you all think that the album is coming in October? Maybe she delayed but it can be only for a week or 2 (September 11th or 18th) so she can do "promo" releasing LMLYLW and then COCC with the MV. Sorry if this feels off topic with the conversation going on right now :awk:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

technically, yes, she can write about whatever she wants, but she's not free from other's criticisms if she chooses to write about something she doesn't fully understand. it's just that simple. 

Of course she’s not! And neither is anyone else free from criticism. 

Every time someone steps on a stage they can expect some applause and someone throwing rotten tomatoes, either literal or figurative ones. 

Last note to get attacked about before I wake up and none of this matters (just my 2 cents please sound off I’m sure you will)

I personally don’t see Lana writing about a trans person offensive because it’s still STORYTELLING. How can she accurately write about life in the 60’s and not have lived it?? She’s a story teller, if she wanted to share that story (which is insane, she doesn’t.) she’d be fully dedicated to it and would make it a beautiful story

She’s not doing that now though at all. 

please get some sleep and time away, you’ve all been arguing for hours now, close the app and have a breather. 

"Don’t forget me"

3 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

‘Tone deaf’ = in other words, I am not in agreement with you. 

Disrespectful to whom? Again: 

‘Disrespectful’ = simply not agreeing with you. 

I could make the same argument: 

‘You’re not agreeing with me, you’re being tone deaf and disrespectful.’

Can you please stop? We get it, you think it's okay for Lana to pretend to be a trans woman. From what I can tell, everyone else disagrees, so to continue arguing is pointless.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream