venicebitch

Lana Del Rey stars on the cover of the new edition of Music Week

1 minute ago, electra said:

can we pls stop acting like she didn’t co-produce this entire album? if she didn’t want it in she would have removed it. she has more autonomy over her music than some of you give her credit for and it’s kind of rude.

I don’t mean it to take autonomy away from Lana. I think it’s a poor decision on her part to do it, but it’s reflexive in me to not put the blame on her?

I meant it more of a reflection of how other artists like Lorde do very similar things—inserting Jack into their songs as if it’s a flourish, but it just feels like he’s interrupting a woman’s music. 

What a fantastic interview! I really loved reading that! 

I especially loved what she said about the public’s confusion regarding her story and how that was a reflection of how they felt about their own authenticity, as well as how her boundaries in these times of “public entitlement” are ultimately what fuel people misunderstanding her.  :flutter:

I’m also so intrigued about the “plan” they hinted at! And I guess we can conclude that she’s got a few more songs for the next album than we thought if she’s already got 2 titles in mind. I’m also super excited for the cover album and BTIG. All of those things being mentioned at once makes me wonder if they’re somehow connected to the “plan”? Maybe they’ll all be released relatively close to each other? 

Super excited for everything to come and loved the insight into her process for Chemtrails and future projects <3 

16 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

I meant it more of a reflection of how other artists like Lorde do very similar things—inserting Jack into their songs as if it’s a flourish, but it just feels like he’s interrupting a woman’s music. 

OH PLEASE take that shit elsewhere. Not everything is about a MAN. This mentality IS what ruins music. :wtf2:

Also, a perfect example in the article when they mention Lana wondering what the unnecessary controversy will be it for each album. Like, why would you insert controversy where there is none? Jack vocals being sexist? Please, sign the fuck off. 

1 minute ago, NewportBitch said:

I don’t mean it to take autonomy away from Lana. I think it’s a poor decision on her part to do it, but it’s reflexive in me to not put the blame on her?

so, it’s a sexism thing to you? or what? because a small sample of jack speaking in the background is silencing a woman but the female features on the album don’t silence lana?

this isn’t a drag, i’m just genuinely confused. i don’t think collaboration is a negative thing and i think that these little quirks add more texture to the album. 

random example, but through their albums queens of the stone age often use one vocalist (josh homme) to sing the music. however, on their best critically received album and probably one of the greatest rock albums of all time (songs for the deaf) theres a huge contrast in the vocal presentation, delivery and choice of individuals per songs. it helps create breaks in the album and creates just the most beautiful contrast and flow (in the same way that lana’s own voice has a lot of contrasts in this album, plus the use of other artists features).

if you don’t like jack or zella day or whoever that’s cool but it’s getting to the point where people are really beating a dead horse and acting like these people ruin the album when in reality lana obviously wanted them there for a reason.

16 minutes ago, electra said:

can we pls stop acting like she didn’t co-produce this entire album? if she didn’t want it in she would have removed it. she has more autonomy over her music than some of you give her credit for and it’s kind of rude.

Right? It's weird people are acting like Lana doesn't even make any choices on here lately. Everything you hear on the album is everything she wanted you to hear. The songs, the sequence, the sound effects, the random studio noises, the talking. It's all deliberate. And even in this interview she straight up says it. 

28 minutes ago, HyperVelvet said:

"a secondary title"

So her main focus will be country now :eek3:

WOW I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt as always, everything she touches turns to gold

I mean she said "I could see one option for a title coming from that" 

So it doesn't necessarily mean that'll be the sound (hopefully) :oprah3:

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

1 hour ago, Dominikx4 said:
Spoiler

Jacks voice in NAWWAL is my fave part of my song, drag me xx id be here for Jack producing 3-5 songs on her next record

PERIOD

Edited by Clampigirl
Edited to put Dominikx4's post in a spoiler tag.

3 minutes ago, electra said:

so, it’s a sexism thing to you? or what? because a small sample of jack speaking in the background is silencing a woman but the female features on the album don’t silence lana?

if you don’t like jack or zella day or whoever that’s cool but it’s getting to the point where people are really beating a dead horse and acting like these people ruin the album when in reality lana obviously wanted them there for a reason.

sure, can put it around the sexism thing since I love all the other collabs. I think my reaction is outsized because it’s a small thing that I think if it were removed, it would’ve been perfect to me. 

Flying Slightly Under the Fighter Jets, out September 2022

ETA:

“Initially I was a bit like, ‘There’s no strategy here!’” he laughs. “To my brain, I was like, ‘That’s not how you do things!’ But then you realise that’s how you do things if you’re Lana, and that’s what her fans love. It comes directly from her. You realise she’s right. She knows her audience better than anyone.”

:scoff:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

We keep winning guys :gurl:

I bet on one of them is Dealer included.  She said that one title sums up 18 months of her life ...and Dealer was most likely done in 2020 so it would make sense:hype:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: