Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club Merch & Media Drop

Using the same back cover is so lazy to me. I don't mind the look of it really but its very mismatched. I'll 100% take the alt cover over the standard but using the same back cover for both is just like.. you can't even do the bare minimum? :creep: I would've loved if they used one of the photos from the Yosemite shoot, maybe the litho pic? Or the other outtakes from the alt cover shoot like the one with Chuck and Charlie. Don't mind that theres no gatefold because they feel a tad clunky and the gatefold probably would've been the same as the standard cover. The red vinyl doesn't make much sense with the rest of the packaging revealed, if it was like a glowy white it could've worked better. Maybe the pearlescent? :oopna: Or a light baby blue or a deep malibu :gasp: Still excited to see the whole packaging when it arrives to me

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

1 hour ago, Dragon said:

I was hoping for a matching back cover for the alt cover. and maybe i'm actually one of the few who actually loves the original cover, that and how the pink nfr uo version turned out great w the back imo, this one feels a bit disconnected, and even lazy. and i'm not usually one to complain. 

I get that there're a lot of factors that might come up when it comes to production, especially w a pandemic affecting things, but a little more care on input i'm guessing might be a simple creative decision that'd make a lot of fans (and consumers) much happier in the long run, as well at least keep things a little more cohesive visually (idk just like vinyl legacy, sure it's not that deep, but it might be to some). 

we've a third supposed pic disc coming up. vinyls are starting to get shipped or however that goes. really grateful for all the variants. I LOVE the UO version the best. alt cover second so far. 
the spotify disc IS BEAUTIFUL. 

tldr wish there was a little bit more cohesion for the back. 

out of curiosity why do you like the UO one the best? I feel like that one gets the most hate! But lately i have been non stop thinking about it and really considering buying it!

46 minutes ago, lanabanana11 said:

out of curiosity why do you like the UO one the best? I feel like that one gets the most hate! But lately i have been non stop thinking about it and really considering buying it!

originally was opting for the pearl idea that i've been sprinkling thruout the pre-release. but idk for me, it the subdued green just matches the original cover for me. i listened to the l*ak and it's what clicks w me the most personally. the cover reminds me of a rainy day w the color scheme, the green like land below. that and a newspaper and money color scheme. 

the yellow sort of feels a bit gimmicky, the cream might've been a good choice, but the colors sort of clash together overall. wish the alt cover had a blue back cover to sort of properly contrast w the bright red to give it a smoother overall image in the mind, which, can be a shame bc of how dreamy-oriented the front cover already looks. it's like having an outfit on with five different colors, which, could definitely be pulled off, but the proportions of them just make the image of the vinyl a bit clunkier than something artful and more slick looking. the official store grey seems a bit saturated, and the clear is actually pretty beautiful to just think about. 

still got the vinyls of course, but I guess, maybe it's just me personally, I like purchasing things that would compliment each other, add to a space cohesively and reflect what I like. even eccentric looking things can be amazing if the execution's great. I'm just not as in love w the photos we got of the alt version looking a bit thematically neglected. 

I ranted! The subdued color of the black and white, forming an overall gray, has a calming effect, especially when paired with another muted green. it's perfect to think about a cloudy, rainy soundscape, reminds me of something similar to a wallet and money inside, totally compliments my overall vision of White Dress, and matures, compliments the imagery of the overall feel of the record for me. hope that helps!  

UV/Honeymoon

1 hour ago, lanabanana11 said:

Careful ladies, the urban variant is 100% the most likely to come with split seams and bent corners , they suck absolute ass with shipping vinyl. 

(Just a theory) But maybe the back cover that she posted is from the alternative cover, and the standard cover has another back cover. It sounds stupid but

If we hold on to hope
We'll have a happy ending

12 minutes ago, Joshdeldean said:

(Just a theory) But maybe the back cover that she posted is from the alternative cover, and the standard cover has another back cover. It sounds stupid but

If we hold on to hope
We'll have a happy ending

No, the standard CD has that back cover too

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

19 minutes ago, Redhydrangeas99 said:

No, the standard CD has that back cover too

Okay thanks for telling me, I didn’t know that :krylie:

52 minutes ago, Dragon said:

originally was opting for the pearl idea that i've been sprinkling thruout the pre-release. but idk for me, it the subdued green just matches the original cover for me. i listened to the l*ak and it's what clicks w me the most personally. the cover reminds me of a rainy day w the color scheme, the green like land below. that and a newspaper and money color scheme. 

the yellow sort of feels a bit gimmicky, the cream might've been a good choice, but the colors sort of clash together overall. wish the alt cover had a blue back cover to sort of properly contrast w the bright red to give it a smoother overall image in the mind, which, can be a shame bc of how dreamy-oriented the front cover already looks. it's like having an outfit on with five different colors, which, could definitely be pulled off, but the proportions of them just make the image of the vinyl a bit clunkier than something artful and more slick looking. the official store grey seems a bit saturated, and the clear is actually pretty beautiful to just think about. 

still got the vinyls of course, but I guess, maybe it's just me personally, I like purchasing things that would compliment each other, add to a space cohesively and reflect what I like. even eccentric looking things can be amazing if the execution's great. I'm just not as in love w the photos we got of the alt version looking a bit thematically neglected. 

I ranted! The subdued color of the black and white, forming an overall gray, has a calming effect, especially when paired with another muted green. it's perfect to think about a cloudy, rainy soundscape, reminds me of something similar to a wallet and money inside, totally compliments my overall vision of White Dress, and matures, compliments the imagery of the overall feel of the record for me. hope that helps!  

If the green is pretty I could see the alt cover going well with it. Now that we know the back cover is the same, the middle sticker shouldn't clash with the alt cover as much. Still would look more polished if the middle stickers were the one on the red on the green but oh well. But unless the green is gorgeous, I probably won't get it.

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

8 minutes ago, Andreu said:

BTW I saw some people saying the picture used for the alt cover art is from the LFL era, is this true? bc if so wtf

Lol no, I’m pretty sure the photoshoot is from 2020, in the Eric Lloyd Wright House 

OK, lame question, but we have 3 more days and I'm just... waiting:

What vinyl variant do you consider the "standard" for COCC (other than black)? Or the color variant that represents the album best? If there was only one color variant being sold, which do you think Lana would have chosen from the ones we got?

Curious 2 know ur thoughts. 

2 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

OK, lame question, but we have 3 more days and I'm just... waiting:

What vinyl variant do you consider the "standard" for COCC (other than black)? Or the color variant that represents the album best? If there was only one color variant being sold, which do you think Lana would have chosen from the ones we got?

Curious 2 know ur thoughts. 

I think gray or transparent just like on her official website.

It would match the black and white cover. If I had to pick one it would be transparent as it’s more interesting and maybe more “delicate” looking to match the way the album sounds