Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club Merch & Media Drop

15 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

Those of us who bought every variant (lol), do we know which one is the highest quality? Discogs reviews are all over the place.

i only have one variant so far (the target version) and imo it sounds so good– the organ on wild at heart came through much more on vinyl than even earphones? but not sure how it compares to other vinyls.

aOaIzH2.gif

21 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

I can't stop lol-ing at the scat posts. This last one in particular has me cracking up.

Really? They gross me tf out and disgust/upset me ? I wish hahah

Anyway!! Contemplating between which hat to get (red or black) and I've been indecisive for days... Idk if this means I should get both or neither :defeated:

14 minutes ago, Venice said:

Really? They gross me tf out and disgust/upset me ? I wish hahah

Anyway!! Contemplating between which hat to get (red or black) and I've been indecisive for days... Idk if this means I should get both or neither :defeated:

I got the black one. :) but I had trouble deciding too 

The prices kill me and my wallet. I hope stuff is still available in a few weeks when i get paid again, i don't wanna use my credit card but i'm so goddamn tempted

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

On 3/16/2021 at 7:08 PM, Poor Stacy said:

It was posted a couple pages back that the type of plastic used to issue/store them will break the vinyl down over time, basically degrading it. I rarely buy picture discs so I wasn't aware. Apparently you should put the disc(s) in a MoFi or rice-paper (Invest In Vinyl) anti-static inner sleeve, and then place it in a thicker protective outer sleeve (I have Invest In Vinyl for these, too - they're on Amazon).

I know it seems like a lot of extra work, but my record collection is really important to me (for those of us investing in Lana it will be very valuable down the road), and I want to keep mine in pristine condition as long as I can, so I'm going to take the advice, lol.

So, after reading a little bit about that - and bear in my mind that I'm 80% almost falling asleep - I guess you can buy those MoFi sleeves, put the pic disc in one of those and then put it back on the PVC sleeve that comes w/ the record. You don't want it to be in touch w/ the OG sleeve, but since it would be inside that inner sleeve, it wouldn't touch it. Right? 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

guys update I got the yellow vinyl exclusive!, i need to get a new record player but they were out of stock so i was waiting for a restock and they just emailed me saying they wont restock the record player i wanted. so i still havent listened to the new album :pft:

3 hours ago, Yosemite said:

So, after reading a little bit about that - and bear in my mind that I'm 80% almost falling asleep - I guess you can buy those MoFi sleeves, put the pic disc in one of those and then put it back on the PVC sleeve that comes w/ the record. You don't want it to be in touch w/ the OG sleeve, but since it would be inside that inner sleeve, it wouldn't touch it. Right? 

that’s what imma do honestly cause i wanna keep the og sleeve with the sticker 

tumblr_pjxgmlNR1f1rvpvp7o2_640.gifv

4 hours ago, Yosemite said:

ive read so many conflicting statements on this

some say doing what u said is enough, others said u need to remove the record entirely from the PVC sleeve, others said it doesnt damage the record anyway

theres no general consensus, its very confusing 

image.png

got my Assai vinyl and its #328 

kinda rude if you ask me, considering i ordered back when they were still limited to 300 >:^(

jk and my grey/transparent/beige vinyl are supposed to come in today as well im exciteeed

image.png

5 hours ago, Yosemite said:

I read yes! Thats what i think too, but other articles said that you have to remove the PVC completly.

Couple of years ago i bought btd pd and still in his og plastic and i think its ok. Ive never played It so...

I want them in the og cover cause i want the stickers too :dmd: Hope what you are saying its enough

Hd7c-1.gif

Great, my stuff is arriving now that I am at my parents‘ place. They delivered my assai vinyl to a neighbor instead of taking it to the post office. Hate that :kum:

Is there anything to be mindful about when hanging vinyls on the wall? I‘d like to use this frame for the picture discs and the assai/NK vinyl

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

5 minutes ago, lamms said:

Great, my stuff is arriving now that I am at my parents‘ place. They delivered my assai vinyl to a neighbor instead of taking it to the post office. Hate that :kum:

Is there anything to be mindful about when hanging vinyls on the wall? I‘d like to use this frame for the picture discs and the assai/NK vinyl

when my friends and i bought some cheap vinyl sized frames from tiger one thing we noticed is that depending on what the back of the hanging frame looks like, it can condense, crush or leave marks on the sleeves. just make sure that:

• the vinyl isn't too tight in the frame
  • that there is a backing between anything that might damage the vinyl sleeve - so maybe putting in an extra bit of cardboard or paper or something to reduce pressure on specific points (will probably apply to plastic sleeves too as they an get quite damaged)
  • that it isn't close to something that can damage it (heat or light from a window, radiators, etc.)
  • make sure the glass is well secured into the frame

but a lot of this depends on how the frame looks at the back - the frames from tiger i've used are normally quite strangely done with very noticeable pressure points, so hopefully the ikea ones are slightly better quality (the tiger ones are around the same price) and are just like normal frames where they just have the small bits of metal that you flip up and down with a knife or scissors. 

this is what i mean, if you go down in this depop listing you can see the back of this frame has some whack closing mechanism that applies pressure to the actual record. i presume because its a picture disc, and they're quite thin compared to a cardsleeve / double lp that there shouldn't be a lot of pressure tho. i would maybe go to the extent of taking it out of the sleeve, but then it might be harder to centre the vinyl in the frame.

show us when you've done it!

10 minutes ago, electra said:

when my friends and i bought some cheap vinyl sized frames from tiger one thing we noticed is that depending on what the back of the hanging frame looks like, it can condense, crush or leave marks on the sleeves. just make sure that:

• the vinyl isn't too tight in the frame
  • that there is a backing between anything that might damage the vinyl sleeve - so maybe putting in an extra bit of cardboard or paper or something to reduce pressure on specific points (will probably apply to plastic sleeves too as they an get quite damaged)
  • that it isn't close to something that can damage it (heat or light from a window, radiators, etc.)
  • make sure the glass is well secured into the frame

but a lot of this depends on how the frame looks at the back - the frames from tiger i've used are normally quite strangely done with very noticeable pressure points, so hopefully the ikea ones are slightly better quality (the tiger ones are around the same price) and are just like normal frames where they just have the small bits of metal that you flip up and down with a knife or scissors. 

this is what i mean, if you go down in this depop listing you can see the back of this frame has some whack closing mechanism that applies pressure to the actual record. i presume because its a picture disc, and they're quite thin compared to a cardsleeve / double lp that there shouldn't be a lot of pressure tho. i would maybe go to the extent of taking it out of the sleeve, but then it might be harder to centre the vinyl in the frame.

show us when you've done it!

Thank you for the elaborate reply! Will get back to you, when it’s done 

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????