Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club Merch & Media Drop

5 hours ago, lamms said:

They’re re so bitter on discogs, that they tried to merge the independent stores yellow with the assai variant, because the obi stripe is not reason enough to have them separated :thumb2: the merge failed. So happy to have it in my collection, it looks so good 

Reveal hidden contents

vOIXhow.jpg

0NSo8b5.jpg

it still happened:uh:

Is there any way to undo this? theyre clearly different

Ok so my Assai version finally came today and I took the obi off to see what it would look like on the alt cover but now I can't get it back on because it's too tight :bebe:

Edit: omg I got it back on don't worry. also mine is #479 which is kind of annoying to be near the end since I bought it pretty early but it's whatever

Just gonna put it out there— I have to agree with those on Discogs wanting to merge the indie yellow variant with the Assai release. It’s a cute thing that Assai does for new releases, but at the end of the day they literally ordered 500 of the indie variants (that any indie shop has access to) and put a little strip around it with their name on it. Literally the same exact vinyl pressing made in France, same exact jacket, barcode etc. it’s not like this pressing is unique in any way or made specifically for Assai. Lol.

like if my local indie record shop but a sticker with their name/logo on the shrink wrap would that make it another variant? (No)

H0bDaqU.gif

2 hours ago, National Anthem said:

Just gonna put it out there— I have to agree with those on Discogs wanting to merge the indie yellow variant with the Assai release. It’s a cute thing that Assai does for new releases, but at the end of the day they literally ordered 500 of the indie variants (that any indie shop has access to) and put a little strip around it with their name on it. Literally the same exact vinyl pressing made in France, same exact jacket, barcode etc. it’s not like this pressing is unique in any way or made specifically for Assai. Lol.

like if my local indie record shop but a sticker with their name/logo on the shrink wrap would that make it another variant? (No)

I‘d say, that it still is and Assai replied to it too, providing some background info, which is what makes it unique. To me it looks like people are trying to use technicalities to get their way and ruin it for others. Now look at the merge‘s sale section, it’s literally a mess.

https://www.discogs.com/de/forum/thread/861232?page=1#8591617

:nails:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

3 hours ago, lamms said:

I‘d say, that it still is and Assai replied to it too, providing some background info, which is what makes it unique. To me it looks like people are trying to use technicalities to get their way and ruin it for others. Now look at the merge‘s sale section, it’s literally a mess.

https://www.discogs.com/de/forum/thread/861232?page=1#8591617

:nails:

mte. having the release pages merged is SO SO annoying from a collector's point of view. imagine looking for the Assai version of this vinyl and having to go through these 300+ regular yellow copies on sale to find the one ur actually looking for

image.png

6 minutes ago, National Anthem said:

Okay so if I was going to be a psycho and try to find a crystal clear copy of chemtrails to have alongside my murky “clear” copy, where would I look? Did we decide which store seems to be shipping that version?

I think it might have been a trick of the lighting when that user took the pic, because I haven't seen another crystal clear version outside of that pic.

I'm trying to find the white-ish beige Amazon exclusive! I'm scared to order another copy from Amazon bc I don't want the same version, lol.

16 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

I think it might have been a trick of the lighting when that user took the pic, because I haven't seen another crystal clear version outside of that pic.

I'm trying to find the white-ish beige Amazon exclusive! I'm scared to order another copy from Amazon bc I don't want the same version, lol.

I’ve seen a few others around tik tok and Instagram. They definitely look different to me ?

and yeah I’m pretty sure I’m going to order another amazon copy too and see if I get the true beige. I think the orange will become the rare one.

H0bDaqU.gif