Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

BABYYYYY I'M WIIIIIIIIIILD AT HEART!!!!! :lange:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 hour ago, TerrenceLovesHoneymoon said:

It still sounds too mellow. I think it will be my least fave album from her.

You are aware of what song/album you're representing in your signature and avi, right? :P

The way i checked all of the songs in the poll to this thread :bebe:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Okay, like, I need y’all to give me all proof of Lana being in Alabama, Arkansas, Kansas, wherever in her pre-fame days, Tulsa is making me believe in those headcanons of Lana being in a cult. :oprah2:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

54 minutes ago, salvatore said:

The music itself is everything i had hoped, it was brooding, optimistic, enchanting, emotional and methodical. Her rescinding the song out of vocal vulnerability in the same breath she killed malibu out of fear of transparency found a funny way into an album full of airy and broken vocals. White Dress being a thread laced through Wild at Heart in the way it is through Yosemite through Dark through For Free. The a capella she sung in 2017 obviously didn't do it justice and how anyone thought it could was laughable and that is their own fault. Her voice here is gorgeous, the song writing is beautiful, the atmosphere created in this song is so . fucking. beautiful. I knew this song was my favorite she's ever made before hearing it and I've heard it and it's still the best song she's ever created. The bridge is like a god speaking through the sky in thundering tongues and lightning flares. The imagery i suspected years ago of desert-y folk songs you'd look out over the desert and see an impending storm rings true, this is the calm inside a storm, it's an ignorant and threatened peace. i see nothing but rainless storms and sharp winds light by the invincible glow of candlelight. Yosemite is immaculate, a highlight, and a mission statement for the record. It couldn't be without Chemtrails and Chemtrails couldn't be without Yosemite. 

She wasn't quite at yosemite in 2017, and being able to confidently proclaim enough that she could put a song about doing things for free on a record bookended with a memoir about making art for free, and a collaborative homage to a song about lovingly observing others making art for free is quite powerful. Her never mentioning Yosemite in the lyrics is powerful

Now why am i crying at this

thank you for putting it down

5 minutes ago, takeitdoen said:

Why does every critical review feel they need to preface discussion of the album with huge paragraphs about her early career? Why can't people separate the artist from the art. :azealia:

Almost felt like reading some personal hyperanalysis/projections of Lana and her so called character straight out of some LB threads. :oic2:

COCC is currently 2. on the US iTunes charts yall.... how is Justin Beefcurtains beating her????

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

It feels so surreal, I can’t believe it’s finally out! And she’s getting critical acclaim, she deserves it so much. We don’t talk about The Guardian, it’s pretty obvious that they hold a grudge against Lana.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Just now, HydroponicWeeds said:

COCC is currently 2. on the US iTunes charts yall.... how is Justin Beefcurtains beating her????

Fingers crossed we buy more physical copies than Beliebers

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

4 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

Because white male mediocrity runs the world