Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

868 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

After listening to the album 2 times as a whole :

1)White dress : I agree with some of you that said that the song gives unreleased vibes . So emotional, I teared up a little bit . I love her voice in this and I definitely believe that it requires more listens to fully grasp what she did here. I think it's going to become one of my favorites. 

2)COCC: i've overplayed the song but it still is a very pretty and sweet song that i really like. I also really like the ending of the song

3)Tulsa Jesus Freak: what a song , everything I wanted and asked for from the first time I listened to the snippet. It really makes feel so badass . I LOVE her laugh in parts and her whispers as well. The religious references , the amen I love it. The use of auto tune so spot on. 

4)LMYLAW: cute song not one of my favorites , really complements the album as a whole though

5)Wild at heart:  it requires more listens , for some reason it didn't stand out from the others

6) Dark but just a game : i love this song , in some parts it does give me beatlesque vibes  but only in some parts. One of my favorites really in COCC

7)Not all those who wander are lost : i like this song a lot as well, it gives me fairytale vibes . It is very sweet 

8)Yosemite : what a song, it definitely requires more listens as well to  to fully appreciate its value .Its so mysterious , i love the production of the song . I feel like i am running through a misty forest , so magical.. the distortion effect is some parts is just perfect . It truly belongs in this album

9)Breaking up slowly : i liked the song and the lyrics as well. It's very catchy for some reason

10) Dance till we die : a song that I thought would be a filler in the album but after 2 listens i love the progression of the song and especially the part 2:40-3:10. I can't describe that part but it reminds me of music from previous decades . I'll have to listen to it more times to indicate 

11) For free: a nice song , I think I will appreciate more in the future . Right now I think that I am more impressed with her new music than listening to a cover. I also wanted a more intense moment for the ending of the album just because it is just so pretty as a whole.

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

i would kill a man for dissing yosemite and i can't say i haven't already done it

28 minutes ago, whiteroses said:

Bottom 2: Yosemite:( and DJBAG

read my post above bestie

"White Dress" - 10/10

:trisha: -- My new favourite Lana song. I've never heard her sing like this before and I adore it. So raw, so beautiful. Cried the first time(s) I heard it (and still do, let's be real).

"Chemtrails Over The Country Club" - 7.5/10

:sadcore3: -- A bit boring but I like the vibes.

"Tulsa Jesus Freak" - 9.5/10 

:illumilana2: -- Immediately fell in love with the melody when I heard the snippet and I still love it! So slow, the beat, the autotune. I love it! Reminds me a little of "White Mustang". 

"Let Me Love You Like a Woman" - 8.5/10

:gasp: -- This song is way underhyped. Makes me feel safe. My favourite lullaby.

"Wild at Heart" - 10/10

:justride2: -- I love this song and the lyrics, the chorus gives me "The Greatest" vibes.

"Dark But Just A Game" - 9/10

:heart: -- Such a beautiful song! The guitar for some reason reminds me of "Flipside".

"Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - 9.5/10

:lanahottie: -- I loooove this because it makes me feel calm and safe, just like LMLYLAW. I love the vocal layering.

"Yosemite" - 7.5/10

:lanahairflip2: --  It may grow on me but at the moment, I don't really get the hype. It's still a beautiful song tho.

"Breaking Up Slowly" - 6/10

:bye2: -- I couldn't care less about the collabs on this album... I hate how Nikki's voice overpowers Lana's. But why isn't she featured lol?

"Dance Till We Die" - 8.5/10

:grinds: -- Cuuuute!!!!!! I can hear her smile during the first verse! The bridge slaps.

"For Free" - 7/10

:whatever2: -- Pretty but not that interesting.

Overall rating: 8.4

4 hours ago, bel air rose said:

wait is she saying coffee pots and insta pots? 

I've decided she's saying insta thots

Please do not quote me, I am not accepting feedback at this time.

I was speechless, me and my brother listened to the album 2 times, and it hit us so hard :icant: , we came to the conclusion that it is a kind of fusion of Mazzy Star and Donovan, so good!

ezgif-3-d7619d8ad8.gif

1 minute ago, littleredpartydress said:

Independent - 100/100

telegraph - 100/100

clash - 90/10

evening standard - 80/100

noice

omg the evening standard is free lemme go find a copy today :hooker: