Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

868 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

COLOURS.

Tulsa Jesus Freak: dark but vibrant blue

Yosemite: golden straw

Wild at Heart: deep red, quite similar to Bartender but more vibrant

I'm still establishing the others in my mind

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Just now, gogodancer said:

I’m so annoyed about The Guardian review and the fact he calls her “Del Ray” at one point :toofunny:

It's 2021 and people still call her Del Ray? In a review? Seriously, that's so unprofessional they should be fired.

original.gif

43 minutes ago, COCC said:

Leaving my country for one of these like :hottie:

It didn't  peaked in my country at #1 and I read an german review that called the album boring & full of songs which make you fall asleep & some other tasteless shit.....

I hate my country  :pls:

I'm moving to one of those countries now as well:smokes:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Just now, Pico Boulevard said:

It doesn't  peaked in my country at #1 and I read an german review that called the album boring & full of songs which make you fall asleep & some other tasteless shit.....

I hate my country now :pls:

It actually peaked #1 in Germany. 

#1 in 29 countries as for now. https://kworb.net/itunes/artist/lanadelrey.html

giphy.gif

Just now, Marius said:

It actually peaked #1 in Germany. 

#1 in 29 countries as for now. https://kworb.net/itunes/artist/lanadelrey.html

As it should :gurl:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

So, after listening to the album for a while since it leaked, I feel like this is a really good album - yet not the most interesting body of work she ever created.

When I first heard it, I did not know how to feel about it and by now I kind of realized that I will probably not develop any "strong feelings" about it.

There is not really anything to dislike on  CoCC, but I'm not hyped about it either way. There are no huge "lows" on it, but there is also nothing about it that really makes me go into the "replay the sh*t out of it" mood I usually get when listening to a new release. It's a solid album, but probably one of the least interesting one within her repartoire.
And I dislike how the second half, starting with NAWWAL, is so monotonous that the songs kind of lose their momentum. Even Yosemite- which I absolutely adore with all of its Mazzy-Star-vibes - kind of feels stale within its context on the record.

My favourite is defenitely Dark But Just A Game. I love the way it flows between this The Greatest-esque chorus and the slightly twisted and dark verses with that nice beat. It's the only song where I really fancy the lyrics aswell - most of the other tracks are not very exciting considering the lyrical content.

I was super excited for Tulsa Jesus Freak, and while it turned out much weirder than I expected, I still  love it. It may just be a weird theory, but it almost feels like the song is less about it's lyrics and more about the way it's produced. The song in itself is so classic-LDR, yet she kind of "sabotages" it with all the autotune and the fact she just starts to talk over the last chorus.

White Dress is another standout. It's not just the unconvential vocal delivery, I also love the whole vibe of it - the excitement, the low-fi-grandeur ...

The title track also really grew on me, it's catchy and has some pretty nice vocals. However, I still feel like it's a bit pale. When I first listened to it on Spotify, the algorithm played MAC afterwards and that track completely overshadowed CoCC.

So yeah, in the end the album would most likely be on the lower spectrum of my album-ranking. Not because it's bad, but it's just not as exciting as her other work so far. But I could also see it growing on me overtime - after all it took me a while to love HM aswell.

Right now it would be a 7/10

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

12 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

It didn't  peaked in my country at #1 and I read an german review that called the album boring & full of songs which make you fall asleep & some other tasteless shit.....

I hate my country  :pls:

I'm moving to one of those countries now as well:smokes:

Jesus... Do people still continue with "her songs make me sleep"? Old joke. :bye3:

6 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Jesus... Do people still continue with "her songs make me sleep"? Old joke. :bye3:

Yes and it's annoying :lanasrs2:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

54 minutes ago, whiteroses said:

:ma: personally i don't mind if ya do (means i don't have to listen to yosemite again:hooker:)

im going to drown you in that river you put in your location