Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

868 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

i’m getting the Mariners Apartment Complex Effect with LMLYLAW

whiteroses dictionary:

Mariners Apartment Complex Effect

When a pre-released song is seen as bad and only listened to a little, however when the album comes out, the song shines and is excellent 

which album is y'alls favorite in terms of namedropped locations? 

map of NFR!                                                        map of CotCC

[California] x2                                                    [Florida]

Laurel Canyon x4                                               Orlando

Venice x2                                                            [Arkansas]

~unnamed boulevard~~ x2                            Tulsa

Sunset Boulevard                                              [California]

Long Beach x3                                                   Brentwood Market

Santa Ana                                                           Los Angeles

Hollywood + Vine [Intersection]                      Sunset Boulevard

Topanga                                                              Calabasas

Malibu                                                                  Yosemite

I-405                                                                     Woodside

Pacific Coast Highway                                      Berkeley

Newport                                                               San Francisco

Los Angeles                                                         

[Nebraska]

[Hawaii]                                                               Lincoln

[New York] x2                                                     [Louisiana]

[New York]

Lake Placid

4 minutes ago, CruelViolet said:

Thank god I’m out of jail for post-release! My thirst for COCC put me in jail. Dance till you die is under appreciated!

Also I would love to hear more singing like she does on the bridge! It’s a voice that’s great but she doesn’t use it much at all. I love her soft voice but this is so nice too

3 minutes ago, salvatore said:

which album is y'alls favorite in terms of namedropped locations? 

map of NFR!                                                        map of CotCC

[California] x2                                                    [Florida]

Laurel Canyon x4                                               Orlando

Venice x2                                                            [Arkansas]

~unnamed boulevard~~ x2                            Tulsa

Sunset Boulevard                                              [California]

Long Beach x3                                                   Brentwood Market

Santa Ana                                                           Los Angeles

Hollywood + Vine [Intersection]                      Sunset Boulevard

Topanga                                                              Calabasas

Malibu                                                                  Yosemite

I-405                                                                     Woodside

Pacific Coast Highway                                      Berkeley

Newport                                                               San Francisco

Los Angeles                                                         

[Nebraska]

[Hawaii]                                                               Lincoln

[New York] x2                                                     [Louisiana]

[New York]

Lake Placid

Mariners Apartment Complex for NFR, too

But to answer the question, I haven't been to most of those places so idk

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

2 hours ago, Barbie said:

The lyrics are so poor, she sounds confusing, has nothing to say. White Dress, her voice sucks. All in all Her worst album!!

Hello Justin Bieber! 

Not a Justin rat in here...we should have put traps down. And lmao a JB stan having the audacity to talk about lyrics and vocals when yummy exists.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Is it just me, or the very first sound of Yosemite seems weirdly "cut" compared to the leak?

Edited by HyperVelvet
Or maybe it's because of the gapless playback

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

Listening to the album on Spotify is such a different experience from the leak. It sounded amazing before, but now it really sounds awesome and the bass seems more pronounced

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

2 minutes ago, HyperVelvet said:

Is it just me, or the very first sound of Yosemite seems weirdly "cut" compared to the leak?

The spotify version cuts off the first second of the song.

6 hours ago, Nobody said:

2 outstanding quotes from this. 

"You can't fire Lana Del Rey; she quits"

And

"the singer has seemed alternately like the most and least media-savvy musician in pop." 

After a few listens here are my first impressions:

White DressI love how right from the start, she's showing how experimental she's going to be this album. Singing higher than usual (Lizzy Grant is back), it was a bit jarring, but I love it. The lyrics make me nostalgic. 9/10 when I was a WAITRESS wearing a TIGHT DRESS handling the heat :karaoke:

Chemtrails Over The Country Club: Haven't grown tired of this one. It gets me yearning for relaxing summer days. I think the music video is one of her best in recent times. 9/10  :illumilana2:

Tulsa Jesus Freak: I LOVE THIS ONE. It's like young Lizzy Grant got her wish of getting a demo being professionally produced and reach its full potential. The autotune doesn't bother me. If anything, the pop/folk mashup they attempted on LFL and failed was succeeded on this album, particularly on this song. 10/10 you should stay real close to Jesus :pray2: keep that bottle at your hand, my man :point: find your way back to my bed again :wink: sing me like a Bible hymn :hair:

Let Me Love You Like A Woman: This song has grown on me, but it's still not one I go back to a lot. I like the concept a few people discussed about this being not strictly about a romantic relationship, but could also be applied to platonic relationships. It made the song more interesting, but the music video made me lose interest again. lmao 6.5/10

Wild At Heart: I like the switch before the chorus is back on this song. The lyrics make me think of the devastation a person survives, but instead of reflecting on the bad, it makes them appreciate the good place it led them to in life. It's definitely a mood after all that happened last year. 8.5/10 I left Calabasas, escaped all the ashes, ran into the dark :lanahottie: and it made me wild, wild, wild at heart :justride:

Dark But Just A Game: Oh my god, I love the production. The beginning sort of reminded me of FIILY, but then the instrumentation switches up throughout the rest of the song. Gives me 90s folk/rock vibes. Definitely a favorite. 10/10 :grinds:

Not All Who Wander Are Lost: I've been wearing the same damn clothes for three damn days :scoff: okay, Lana, I feel attacked. I wonder if this was written while she was touring/dating he-who-I-don't want-to-bother-naming. It's a very introspective song despite it having simple lyrics. Especially this part: the thing about being on the road is there's too much time to think about seasons of old as you pour yourself a drink, 'cause every time I said no, it wasn't quite what I meant. if you know what I mean. Maybe referencing times in solitude, it brought up memories she didn't want to think about, so she was tempted to go back into old habits to cope with it with her partner. And even though she says no, he understands how hard it is for her to say no. And the rest of the song reflects how similar they are spiritually and socially with others. Not all those who wander are lost makes me this phrase summarizes who they are as people; they move through life fast and it may seem sporadic, but they're actually comfortable being "free spirits", seeking new experiences just for the fun of it. This song went from a 6/10 to 8/10 the more I listened to it.

Yosemite: FINALLY, SHE IS HERE. The production is way better than expected. I feel like I'm chillin' in a cabin, late autumn, sippin' some tea with my husband. I get why it transitions from the last song now, after diving into the lyrics. She's again talking about her and her lover and how they won't change (not compromising any part of themselves) even as time goes by. He uplifts her and this relationship is an equal partnership. This song definitely fits best on this album rather than LFL. 11/10 we did it for FUN, we did it for FREE :hype: I did it for you, you did it for me :crying4: we did it for the RIIIIIIIIG:whine:GGGHHHHTTTT reasons :cumming2:

Breaking Up Slowly: This song was so good, it deserved to be longer! I'm usually split when it comes to collaborations on her albums, but this is one of my favorites. Nikki Lane did great and both their voices complemented each other well. 8/10 

Dance Till We Die: Okay, the best bridge on this album! The lyrics are very personal, and the production is fucking amazing! Another one of my favorites. 10/10 I WENT DOWN TO WOODSIDE :heidi: I LEFT BERKELEY, OUT OF CITY, OUT OF MIND :understand: KILLIN' IT, :OG: TALKIN' SHIT, JOAN SAID SHE WAS GONNA QUIT :illumarina: TEARIN' IT UP AT THE AFRO-CARRIBEAN TWO-STEP :beyonce: I LEFT SAN FRANCISCO :sky: I'VE BEEN COVERIN' JONI AND I'M DANCIN' WITH JOAN :kris: IT'S KINDA HARD TO FIND LOVE :omg: WHEN YOU'RE USED TO ROLLIN' LIKE A ROLLIN' STONE :lolliney:

For Free: A nice sentimental closing for this album and another good collaboration. 7.5/10

Final thoughts: It's funny that this was the first album I wasn't hyped for- mostly because of outside circumstances, and Lana herself having messy moments which I still have problems with. But I actually think this album is an improvement from her past work. The blend of genres isn't too jarring for me, and I think they definitely succeeded in having production that complemented her lyrics/mood she was going for this time. NFR was one of my top faves in her discography, but I have to say- the production is way better on this one. The collaborations didn't overwhelm the album like LFL did. Some of the songs felt short even though they were average in duration, which is a good thing! I wanted more, but I'm satisfied with what we got. The album is extremely cohesive, and there's not a dull moment on it. Like someone else said, we need a future album with the sound of DTWD's bridge! If I can say anything negative about this album... I can only think of mentioning the artwork. But that's easy to change (I switched to a fanmade one by @Bunny Mozart) and the one I chose complements the music so well. Overall, it's a 9.5/10.

30 minutes ago, cashcomesquick said:

Welche Zeitung? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.derstandard.de/story/2000125178393/neues-album-von-lana-del-rey-elf-schlaflieder%3famplified=True

Alleine schon der Titel..tasteless :pls:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: