Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

868 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

5 hours ago, Pico Boulevard said:

1. Honeymoon 

2. Ultraviolence

3. Chemtrails Over The Country Club 

Holy Trinity :legend:

Period.:legend:

15 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

Mariners Apartment Complex for NFR, too

But to answer the question, I haven't been to most of those places so idk

didn't consider it applicable given it not a real place 

Gosh just finished my first listen. 

White Dress was so unexpected in full as opposed to the snippet. So free form and improvisational.

My reaction by Wild at Heart was that this is the best she has ever sounded. The vocal production, it sounds so grand and the closest she has come to Born to Die since.

Dark but just a game was such a surprise, something totally different for her, such a cool twisted song that kind of unwinds and you don’t know where it’s taking you. It kind of reminds me of Windmills Of Your Mind. Such a strong track ? I feel like she could build a whole new sound of this track and it would become her best album.  

Dance til we die had me thinking hmm this is nice but nothing much to hold my attention—then that breakdown kicked in like FUCK ⚰️ I literally started laughing this is her best song ever. That came out of left field and knocked me out. This makes me so excited for her future. 

The imagery of a Midwestern town really fits this album perfectly. Quaint, unpretentious and charming.

I was seriously scared this album would be inconsequential from some of the comments I’ve seen but I see so much promise here. I think it’s easier than ever to see where she’ll go next and it sounds incredibly promising. More free form, intuitive and playful. 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Just had my first-time full listening of the album hennies. A bit of an an unpopular opinion warning below :coffee:

I'm so sorry but my mind just doesn't perceive this as a full Lana album but rather an incredible folk EP of 9 songs (excluding BUS and FF). WD, COCC and Yosemite are career highlights girlies, all of the other songs are great but it's just so...short, it left me wanting more. And I'm sorry but I still don't care for miss BUS and FF makes a cute cover but that's it.

For me it really works as 9 inch COCC rather than 11'' :ma:

Not sure if this was posted but the entire album is on YouTube on Lana Del Rey official.  I don't know if that's the best marketing move but it does scream, "What the hell". You go girl. 

1 hour ago, Pico Boulevard said:

It didn't  peaked in my country at #1 and I read an german review that called the album boring & full of songs which make you fall asleep & some other tasteless shit.....

I hate my country  :pls:

I'm moving to one of those countries now as well:smokes:

GERMANY NO LONGER DESERVES HER

.... But we do :trisha:

11 minutes ago, SweetHenny said:

Just had my first-time full listening of the album hennies. A bit of an an unpopular opinion warning below :coffee:I'm so sorry but my mind just doesn't perceive this as a full Lana album but rather an incredible folk EP of 9 songs (excluding BUS and FF). 

Your EP has more songs than mine. :oopna2:

Spotify is really trying to push Justin's album, I don't follow him or listen to any of his music and never have on the app, so for them to tell me to listen to his album over Lana's which should have been on the top for me because she's my number 1 listened to artist, is shady to say the least. I didn't even get an email to say she released new music, no notification, nothing.

"Trust No One"    Lana Del Rey

tumblr_owv21uOCEo1w9j89lo1_500.gif

7 minutes ago, Nobody said:

we don't need to see this again :prettyhurts:

Didn't know it was shared already. 

Cant believe that Pitchfork decided that NFR was 9,4 deserving, yet Chemtrails seems to be two points below for them... Anyway, the review is so brilliantly written that I have to accept the mark also, I guess.

1 minute ago, Lustformoney said:

why is there a weird sound on Wild at heart bridge? like she was using a 1$ microphone and it couldnt handle the loud vocals:whoopi: i thought my headphones were breaking. Jack imma start hating u again

Omg I thought I was the only one :hdu::deadbanana: I've sitting here thinking maybe my headphones were already starting to wear out and I was dreading having to refund them :air2:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺