Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

868 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

Chemtrails Over The Country Club - review by me, hip hop in the summer at lanagiphy.gifds aka the biggest Wild At Heart stan right here :sass:
After listening to this album 4 times;
1. obviously Wild at Heart - a pure peak in Lana's discography.
Her emotions in voice, golden chorus, and of course the line - "Time after time, I think about leaving but you know that I never do, cause you keep me believing" just FUCKING GOT ME LIKE ASIODASIDJSODS, i might change my name to something connected to Wild At Heart tho. And now that I think about it, the fact that Lana has "Wild At Heart" written on her necklace might mean that this song is soooooo meaningful to her - I feel the same.
2.  Tulsa Jesus Freak - yeah you can call me a normie, but this song hit different.
Wild chorus where she screams WHITE HOT FOREVEEEERR AND EVER AND EVER AMEN got me like nothing else. Little giggles in the back, a beat drop is so damn sexy. I can see a trilogy - Cherry, Cinnamon Girl & Tulsa Jesus Freak are having a party in her discography :gurl:
3. White Dress/Waitress - this song is just something different than the others. It's a light in her whole discography. Her singing style is something that we've never heard before!
I love this vape thing. Don't know why some of you find it annoying. It's - for me - making this song more personal tho.

4. Yosemite - it's beautiful in it's simpleness. The chorus makes me smile and I'm fucking happy that she decided to put in on COTCC - it fits so much! I can't wait til i hear this one while driving. :angie:
5. Chemtrails Over The Country Club - I'm still so strange and wild! I'm in the wind, I'm in the water, Nobody's son, Nobody's daughter. Do I have to say anything else?
6. Dark But Just a Game - It's cool. Yeah, it's cool. I don't think I have something more to say tho, but I got fucking killed when I heard the chorus for the first time. Might grow on me tho, kinda feels like I need more time with it.
7. Dance Til We Die - such a cutie. It had more potential in my opinion. Why didn't she made a whole song of this bridge? I keep saying that, I know, but I will keep saying this until I hear a whole song in a bridge style. Might even be at the podium, but yeah. If only she decided to not make this an almost full of piano song.
8. Not All Who Wander Are Lost / Wanderlust - when I was listening to this one, I thought of @Lustformoney
words about it being a title track. And you know what? Fuck yeah! It fits more as a title track than COTCC and I think that it better reflects this whole records vibe. It's such a cute song and I wish it was a BIT longer.
9. Let Me Love You Like A Woman - I guess that If I didn't listen to this one for last 5 months, It would've been better now. But now, when I heard the whole record - It just kinda feels like a cute song and nothing more. Would've lived without it. Might be skipping.
10. Breaking Up Slowly - naaah. It's just not it. I feel like it's a filler. I'm not saying that it's bad as fuck, I'm just saying that it doesn't feel like a Lana Del Rey song. It's kinda...boring sometimes? Is that a right word? I guess. Might grow on me tho.
11. For Free - Why do I feel like Dance Til We Die would be a better closing song of the album? It's a good song to perform, not to put on a record. But I respect Lana's decisions and Iam not mad at all, I feel like it's just important for her.

remember that it's my opinion and yeah thats all bye :nails: enjoy cocc ladies

lana-del-rey-arcadia.gif

Her past albums pale so much in comparison with NFR and COCC. COCC is her first album without a single one filler. Lyrics-wise its her most mature and production-wise her most intimate record to date. But i see thats someone likes to be overwhelmed with grandiose production her other work had.

3 minutes ago, hip hop in the summer said:

Chemtrails Over The Country Club - review by me, hip hop in the summer at lanagiphy.gifds aka the biggest Wild At Heart stan right here :sass:
After listening to this album 4 times;
1. obviously Wild at Heart - a pure peak in Lana's discography.
Her emotions in voice, golden chorus, and of course the line - "Time after time, I think about leaving but you know that I never do, cause you keep me believing" just FUCKING GOT ME LIKE ASIODASIDJSODS, i might change my name to something connected to Wild At Heart tho. And now that I think about it, the fact that Lana has "Wild At Heart" written on her necklace might mean that this song is soooooo meaningful to her - I feel the same.
2.  Tulsa Jesus Freak - yeah you can call me a normie, but this song hit different.
Wild chorus where she screams WHITE HOT FOREVEEEERR AND EVER AND EVER AMEN got me like nothing else. Little giggles in the back, a beat drop is so damn sexy. I can see a trilogy - Cherry, Cinnamon Girl & Tulsa Jesus Freak are having a party in her discography :gurl:
3. White Dress/Waitress - this song is just something different than the others. It's a light in her whole discography. Her singing style is something that we've never heard before!
I love this vape thing. Don't know why some of you find it annoying. It's - for me - making this song more personal tho.

4. Yosemite - it's beautiful in it's simpleness. The chorus makes me smile and I'm fucking happy that she decided to put in on COTCC - it fits so much! I can't wait til i hear this one while driving. :angie:
5. Chemtrails Over The Country Club - I'm still so strange and wild! I'm in the wind, I'm in the water, Nobody's son, Nobody's daughter. Do I have to say anything else?
6. Dark But Just a Game - It's cool. Yeah, it's cool. I don't think I have something more to say tho, but I got fucking killed when I heard the chorus for the first time. Might grow on me tho, kinda feels like I need more time with it.
7. Dance Til We Die - such a cutie. It had more potential in my opinion. Why didn't she made a whole song of this bridge? I keep saying that, I know, but I will keep saying this until I hear a whole song in a bridge style. Might even be at the podium, but yeah. If only she decided to not make this an almost full of piano song.
8. Not All Who Wander Are Lost / Wanderlust - when I was listening to this one, I thought of @Lustformoney
words about it being a title track. And you know what? Fuck yeah! It fits more as a title track than COTCC and I think that it better reflects this whole records vibe. It's such a cute song and I wish it was a BIT longer.
9. Let Me Love You Like A Woman - I guess that If I didn't listen to this one for last 5 months, It would've been better now. But now, when I heard the whole record - It just kinda feels like a cute song and nothing more. Would've lived without it. Might be skipping.
10. Breaking Up Slowly - naaah. It's just not it. I feel like it's a filler. I'm not saying that it's bad as fuck, I'm just saying that it doesn't feel like a Lana Del Rey song. It's kinda...boring sometimes? Is that a right word? I guess. Might grow on me tho.
11. For Free - Why do I feel like Dance Til We Die would be a better closing song of the album? It's a good song to perform, not to put on a record. But I respect Lana's decisions and Iam not mad at all, I feel like it's just important for her.

remember that it's my opinion and yeah thats all bye :nails: enjoy cocc ladies

period! Wild at heart outsold How to flop and Wander outsold Chemtrails:hottie:

23 minutes ago, salvatore said:

didn't consider it applicable given it not a real place 

It is; it's in Marina Del Rey

mariners-village-apartment-homes.jpg

I guess she just renamed it slightly because "you took my silence out of context at the Mariners Village Apartment Homes" :oic2:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

11 minutes ago, sparklingclementines said:

Spotify is really trying to push Justin's album, I don't follow him or listen to any of his music and never have on the app, so for them to tell me to listen to his album over Lana's which should have been on the top for me because she's my number 1 listened to artist, is shady to say the least. I didn't even get an email to say she released new music, no notification, nothing.

It sounds like misogyny to me

tenor.gif

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

My top 3 at the moment are:

Tulsa Jesus Freak

Chemtrails Over The Country Club

Durk But Just A Game

Overall I love the record but I think it lacks a more upbeat, rockish song like The Greatest towards the end.

Also.. do you guys know where I could get the HMV limited edition red vinyl? I’ve tried on their store but they ship to UK only :oprah:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

13 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

so wheres the new pre prerelease thread?

I Would Like To See It GIFs | Tenor

Hi! So originally I was going to make it soon after the Post-Release, but everyone's been having such fun here that I decided I wanted to give you all a little more time to soak up the beginning of this Post-Release era before delving into another Pre-Pre-Release. I'm still going to make the thread later today though, maybe in about 12 hours or so and have it hit along with the unveiling of the new Chemtrails site theme! I'll keep you all updated, but yes, it is coming later today! x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

1 minute ago, Lustformoney said:

obsessed w Wanderlust :lange:

I knew you had exquisite taste bestie. Truly the magnum opus of COCC 

tenor.gif

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Just now, Lustformoney said:

obsessed w Wanderlust :lange:

ME TOO!!:krylie:

Lana should have named the Track: Wanderlust-Not All Who Wander Are Lost

since everyone keeps calling it wanderlust!