Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

868 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

Just now, TrashMagiq said:

The way most of the album discussion happend under spoiler tags in the pre-release thread :toofunny:

Anyways, Dark But Just A Game, White Dress & Not All Who Wander Are Lost my current holy trinity.

TASTE :hooker:

Just now, ItsACruelWorld said:

White dress music business conference lyric makes me uncomfortable, there I said it.

I had the same feelings on my first couple of listen's. But after a day or two it SLAPPED.

ok i can now officially share my thoughts on this Album.

"Chemtrails over the Country Club" is, for me Lanas weakest Album

i was REALLY hopefull that we would get something exciting after getting COTCC Single.

but it wasnt quite like it.

where do i start.

"COTCC" sounds like a slower more watered down version of "NFR".

almost no surprises (lyricly and production wise), very similiar instruments on almost every song.

1. White Dress: i started off listening to the opener, i loved it. a beautiful piano ballad, her whispering was diffrent and yet so strong at the second half of the song. beautiful melancholic lyrics, a slow touching tune. 9,5/10

2. Chemtrails Over the Country Club: I love this song. love the lyrics and the twists. 9,5/10

3. Tulsa Jesus Freak:  i really like this song, has a mysterious kinda sexy feel to it, also the tempo and prodction picked up. 9/10

4. Let Me Love You Like a Woman: many people hate on this track. but i think its beautiful and soft and just a pleasure to listen to, but here its starts the prduction is slow, organic and safe. 8/10

5. Wild at Heart: I really like this song. lovely lyrics yet the production is nothing new and reminds us of NFR, but thats fine right?, its only the second song to do so... 7/10

6. Dark But Just a Game: here i started to think, ok another slow song, no surprise prodction wise... i looked at the time to see if the song is ending soon. 5/10

7. Not All Who Wander Are Lost: even tho i like the lyrical idea, the production feelsagain very similar to other songs, the chorus is very repetetive, everything is slow and meh. 5/10

8. Yosemite: i was really curious to hear this song since we have been hearing about this since years. and it was underwhelming, cute lyrics, but again production wise very boring and similar to other tracks. nothing exciting anymore, same old instruments since 2019 6,5/10

9. Breaking Up Slowly: catchy melodie, but again the production... is this "yosemite"? or " not all who wander"? can't tell 6/10

10. Dance Till We Die: i really like this song. even tho the prodction is again a let down. same old slow song, with the same instruments ls....i mostly like the song because of the lyrics and the break at the end surprises, compared  to the other songs. 8/10

11. For Free: well what can i say. cute cover. but production wise no surprise. 6,5/10

i still really like this Album no question. and with "White Dress" and "COTCC" it has some of her evergreens for me. but most of the album feels. " well ok, i heard that before"

if the album came out instead of NRF it would have been amazing since that would have been new... (even tho even NFR had more variety!)

i will stop bashing Lust For Life from now on. because that album had way more patterns to show off than COTCC....

The summers hot and i've been cold without you... watch me: https://www.youtube.com/thisisruskoatqq1.jpg

Still after having it for over a week the album is so good.

Each song has its own little vibe and is just a rabbit hole to get lost in.

It's such a beautiful album. Def top three for me.

Really the only song I'm not fully vested in is For Free. It's beautiful and I do get the sentiment but it's just not clicking as much for me.

Top 5 (Chronological order)

White Dress

TJF

Dark But Just A Game

Wild At Heart

Yosemite

I don't know, it's really just a magical little gem. Everything about it from the theme, vocals, production, runtime clicks and works. I feel like this will probably be one of her classic go to albums in years to come.

I’m so glad we’re FINALLY in the post-release thread!! Seems unreal that we’re finally here!

For me, the album is a solid 10/10 and shot right up to my top 3!

My only complaint is

TJF and BUS should both be longer. BUS just feels like there’s more emotions to explore and TJF could just go on forever. When that flute comes in the last couple seconds it’s so bittersweet because it means it’s already coming to an end. 

White Dress (the only song I wasn’t a full fan of) finally clicked with me. 

I’m so glad we finally got Yosemite, it sounds RIGHT out of LFL and I love it! Her best album lives on!!

Im in the process of traveling for about 14 hours so I’m sure I’ll have even more thoughts and maybe finally have a ranking by then!

"Don’t forget me"

Oh my fackin gob does anyone know what she saying in Tulsa Jesus freak? I can understand some things in the background but not all. I can’t believe my fucking ears happy lana day everyone :party: I’m cksksss fucjing happyyyyyyyy

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

14 minutes ago, COCC said:

Guardian 2/5

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/mar/19/justin-bieber-justice-review

:ma:

Telegraph: „Unfortunately, Justin Bieber thinks his music is far more powerful than it really is“

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/artists/unfortunately-justin-bieber-thinks-music-far-powerful-really/
:derpna2:

He deserved a 1/5

:sass:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Based on the live version , I expected For Free to be much better. Their voices don't blend, Lana sounds uninteresting , Weyes sounds too loud idk , still cute tho 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

17 minutes ago, COCC said:

Guardian 2/5

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/mar/19/justin-bieber-justice-review

:ma:

Telegraph: „Unfortunately, Justin Bieber thinks his music is far more powerful than it really is“

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/artists/unfortunately-justin-bieber-thinks-music-far-powerful-really/
:derpna2:

the way almost every article is calling him anemic for some reason is sending me