Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

Streamed Chemtrails while I slept, woke up to the sweet sounds of White Dress :crying4: 

Getting ready to head up to Target and pick up a vinyl and CD :,) Happy release day! :party:  Cannot get over this record!! 

Only listened to about 75% of the album on the morning walk with a cigarette and the 6 AM sunrise, making sure I am in top mental shape (cigarette + wine + adderall) on my first few listens of the album. But so far as I can tell it is giving NFR a run for it's money....

7 minutes ago, SouthInGuy said:

Breaking Up Slowly wasn't on my fave list at first but it is definitely growing on me. :crai:

Nikki is the voice and highlight of that song.

It's the only song that didn't put me to sleep.

Needless to say, just heard the album. I don't like it at all. I find it all boring.

It will probably take me a lot of listens to get into it like I had to do with Honeymoon.

She's #1 worldwide. Her racist rants didn't hurt her at all. She's doing better then NFR. lol

Ew18I7kWUAYL-YB?format=jpg

this record feels like she's finally coming full circle. i feel like this record is her truest form and hopefully will break away that image of "daddy's coke princess" many younger fans seem to have. 

good morning guys!!!!! I'm so happy with this album, listened to it again before falling asleep in the pitch black darkness of my bedroom and I felt like was lost in space but lana was there with me it was soooo emotional

thank you for those who told me to get the alt cover CD :trisha::cryney2::krylie:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I remember watching

How green was my valley

Then I was thinking

How deep was the canyon that you came from?

Television static

Was quite overwhelming.

Was it because of the cabin

and the candles in the wind?

:defeated:

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

14 minutes ago, velvetcrowbcr said:

this record feels like she's finally coming full circle. i feel like this record is her truest form and hopefully will break away that image of "daddy's coke princess" many younger fans seem to have. 

I def agree it is a full circle moment for her. I love the truest form comment too because that is exactly how I feel.

If someone were to ask who is Lana Del Rey, I would say this album.

This is Lana, this her at her realest, this is her at her most vulnerable. I don't know, it is really nice to see her finding herself again.

This is her grown-up "Sirens." Chill, meditative, slow-burn.

For me, TJF is the only one I would listen to as a standalone "single." The album overall is way more country than I would usually like, BUT I think it is the absolute perfect album to sing along to for a long road trip across open spaces...especially at night. For me, she's channeling the artists she loves so much that if you told me this was a cover album of lost songs from Joni Mitchell, Stevie Nicks, etc, I would 100% believe you. However, I know it's just a side of her we haven't seen before...earnest, romantic, mature. I see myself listening to it in the car a lot.

P.S. Yosemite made me cry, but that might be because I thought we'd never get it?

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

The beat drop in Dark Bust Just Game :lange::wowcry::air2:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

this album is so experimental and different from everything she has done, I can see some elements of NFR but really it is not like NFR at all, she's such a genius :angie:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

8 minutes ago, fine china said:

I remember watching

How green was my valley

Then I was thinking

How deep was the canyon that you came from?

Television static

Was quite overwhelming.

Was it because of the cabin

and the candles in the wind?

:defeated:

That's the most intense part of the album, right up there with, or superior to, some other tense moments in LDR tracks, like 'Ultraviolence,' 'Old Money,' 'Heroin' and others. 

Don't drag me but Wild at Heart, Dark But Just a Game and Yosemite aren't blowing me away like some of you describe, i'm trying but i'm still a little meh with them. Wild at Heart has no punch for me, the chorus starts and it still sounds like the verse. I'm not saying these songs suck but they're taking a while to grow on me. Hopefully they will soon.

It's hard to top songs like White Dress, Chemtrails and Not All Who Wonder Are Lost though so i'll give them time. 

Heroin seemed to be an instant fan favourite when LFL dropped as well but i didn't like it and now i do, Yosemite better come around 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

40 minutes ago, WildMustang said:

Based on the live version , I expected For Free to be much better. Their voices don't blend, Lana sounds uninteresting , Weyes sounds too loud idk , still cute tho 

I agree. A straight reading of the song by Lana alone would have been preferable, or another arrangement. It's not a happy song, but LDR made it somewhat celebratory. I'm not sure it works.