Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

3 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Don't drag me but Wild at Heart, Dark But Just a Game and Yosemite aren't blowing me away like some of you describe, i'm trying but i'm still a little meh with them. Wild at Heart has no punch for me, the chorus starts and it still sounds like the verse. I'm not saying these songs suck but they're taking a while to grow on me. Hopefully they will soon.

It's hard to top songs like White Dress, Chemtrails and Not All Who Wonder Are Lost though so i'll give them time.ย 

Heroin seemed to be an instant fan favourite when LFL dropped as well but i didn't like it and now i do, Yosemite better come aroundย 

ย 

feeling the same only with wild at heart and yosemite

yosemite is way better than I thought tho and wild at heart is just too country forย me. but I feel like yosemite will be a growerย 

1.jpgย  3.jpgย ย 2.jpgย 

she's dropped from 82 to 81 on metacriticย :noparty:

1.jpgย  3.jpgย ย 2.jpgย 

We keep changing all the time
The best ones lost their minds
So I'm not gonna change
I'll stay the same
No rose left on the vines
Don't even want what's mine
Much less the fame
It's dark but just a game
It's dark but just a game

ย 

61a324.gif

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I askedย Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.ย 

ย 

7 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

ย 

feeling the same only with wild at heart and yosemite

yosemite is way better than I thought tho and wild at heart is just too country forย me. but I feel like yosemite will be a growerย 

Wild at heart has a beautiful melody in the verses but it goes a little too beatles for me, also im finding it very hard to get past the way too obvious HTD sample, the songย sounds straight from NFR, it reminds me a little of the greatest. Such a beautiful and bittersweet beginning but then come the chorusย and ummm chile- yeah

I'm really not a fan of Lana singing with a classic beatles melody, kinda cheapens it for me, and jacks lousy anti climatic production on the track doesn't really help especially when her vocals randomly get louder in parts of the chorus... i like the ending harmonies though

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ย 7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

ย 

1 minute ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

album of the year is 84 tho and that one isnโ€™t weighted so itโ€™s actually more fair! Itโ€™s got a *must listen* tag on AOTY as well! :)ย 

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/album/173800-lana-del-rey-chemtrails-over-the-country-club.php
ย 

damn, 83/100 on 16 reviews is much better than I expected so far. I think it will drop a bit but this is doing very well

ย 

8 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

ย 

theres quite a few scores to be added. I think 3 100s and a 90.ย 
ย 

it will probably be like an 87 when it updates unless another mid review gets added with them

Some moments of this album remind me of her version of Some Things Last A Long Time

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

We've done it for fun, we've done it for free
I showed up for you, you showed up for me
We did it for the right reasons
We did it for fun, we did it for free
When I was young till eternity
I'll do it for the right reasons
Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

ย 

This part DESTROYS meย 

ย 

IZO3.gif

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I askedย Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.ย 

ย 

You know an album is really good when you don't want it to endย :krylie:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song.ย Itโ€™s on my album Honeymoon. Itโ€™s the antithesis of hopefulness. Itโ€™s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

ย 

12 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

Itโ€™s been that way for a few hours now, but itโ€™ll increase again when more reviews will be added (especially all the 5/5)

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

the way on AM they put the BUS lyrics as โ€œdrank cali whiskey out on the lawnโ€ like how the fuck did they hear thatย :derpna2:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gifย  ย tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gifย ย tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

ย 

me a few minutes ago on my way to the pre-release thread to post

a221aade3411496089606fbdb61cfb6317779d98

ย 

but seriously, i'm so glad we all got to listen to this masterpiece (goodbye spoilers!), i'm busy right now but i'll read your thoughts on the album later, which i'm sure are greatย :flutter:

Capture.jpg

white dress is seriously so fucking sad, yosemite to me definitely sounds happy/positive in my opinion, but i can see how some may think it sounds sad too, maybe thats why im not vibing with it much, it's all laa de daah we did it for fun i did it for you you did it for me... , chile i have no oneย :pls:

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ย 7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

ย