Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

white dress is seriously so fucking sad, yosemite to me definitely sounds happy/positive in my opinion, but i can see how some may think it sounds sad too, maybe thats why im not vibing with it much, it's all laa de daah we did it for fun i did it for you you did it for me... , chile i have no one :pls:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

After listening to the album again on Spotify:

White Dress: 7/10 - There's something about this song that bothers me, but I still haven't figured out what it is.

Chemtrails: 9/10 - I really like the lyrics to that song.

TJF: 10/10 - I'm close to Jesus, with a bottle in my hand, singing the biblical hymn since last week. 

LMLYLAW: 6/10 - I easily forget that song. But it really fits the record well.

Wild At Heart: 8/10 - I like her vocals on this song and the connection with HTD.

DBJAG: 10/10 - I like how different this song is.

NAWWAL: 8/10 - I like her vocals. It is a song that brings a certain peace when listening.

Yosemite: 6/10 - I haven't been waiting for that song and I wasn't surprised.

BUS: 2/10 - It wouldn't be missed for me.

DTWD: 6/10 - The bridge is great.

For Free: 7/10 - A loss for me because I was really looking forward to listen to this cover, based on the live performances. But the album version did nothing for me.

It's a great album, overall. ;) But I’ve only listen 5 songs often: TJF, DBJAG, Chemtrails, Wild At Heart e NAWWAL.

Ultraviolence > NFR! > Honeymoon > Chemtrails > BTD/Paradise > LFL 

ngl i believe her next album is gonna come sooner rather than later

i feel like lana has been very anxious about the reception of the album, ever since she announced it. hasnt she said at some point that NFR has been so very acclaimed so she feels pressured for COCC to be as well? then we hear her say how shes not satisfied with the record but she's still pulling an MC score of over 80 (for now at least)

so now that the pressure has lifted i hope shes inspired again

image.png

3 minutes ago, DLT said:

I may get dragged for this but I low key feel like DTWD could have been a good ending point for the record. 

I love Zella, Lana, and Weyes but For Free just doesn't add anything for me.

I'll take more time to sit with it and it will probably hit one day but currently I revert back to WD after DTWD ends lol.

spill. Bus is out too. It shouldve been 9 tracks or 10 with dealer:willcut:

41 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

white dress is seriously so fucking sad, yosemite to me definitely sounds happy/positive in my opinion, but i can see how some may think it sounds sad too, maybe thats why im not vibing with it much, it's all laa de daah we did it for fun i did it for you you did it for me... , chile i have no one :pls:

Yosemite is definitely a happy song, of course it has a dark production but that's Ms. Del Rey's signature.

Spoiler

I have no one either but a girl can dream :krylie:

Capture.jpg

4 minutes ago, DLT said:

I may get dragged for this but I low key feel like DTWD could have been a good ending point for the record. 

I'll take more time to sit with it and it will probably hit one day but currently I revert back to WD after DTWD ends lol.

Completely agree I feel like we should’ve ended with just Lana seeing as it started so personal with white dress I feel it should end in that way too but I still love the album :hype:

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

8 minutes ago, DLT said:

For Free literally sums up the theme of the whole album. Its great ending

My problem with For Free is that it was not really executed very nicely.

They are not "harmonizing" together - they just suddendly shout. Like - one of them sings the verse and then out of nothing the other two appear and overdramatically yell "for frREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEE" and then disappear again.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

The album really sounds like it is from another era

So stately and graceful 

Who else is doing it like her? True artistry no one else is coming close :agree2:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

5 minutes ago, DLT said:

I don't think it's a strong closer, and just I think the last lines sung in her album should really have been sung at least in part by her. It's a good track but should have been higher up on the list.

"Trust No One"    Lana Del Rey

tumblr_owv21uOCEo1w9j89lo1_500.gif

1 minute ago, Thunder Corpse said:

They are not "harmonizing" together - they just suddendly shout. Like - one of them sings the verse and then out of nothing the other two appear and overdramatically yell "for frREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEE" and then disappear again.

I agree. It's too loose an arrangement. It doesn't add anything to a wonderful but very modest song about humility. 

2 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

ya I sorta agree. They harmonized way better in some of the live performances

1 hour ago, DLT said:

I really wish DTWD would have finished the rest of the song with the same vibe/energy from the bridge. Gosh, that is a moment lol.

If the song had the same energy with the bridge it would totally be one of the best in the album . It was such a surprise when i first heard it and i really wanted the bridge to be longer :cryney:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆