Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

868 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

2 minutes ago, lanasgirl said:

I love his reactions, just started watching and seeing him react to "White Dress" made me tear up again lmao this song makes me weak

Yes absolutely. i love his reactions to lana. he really understands her.

i'm quite honest, i never expected that she would release such an album again, with this high level, this vulnerability, these feelings, these melodies, this magic. it's just unique

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

Just now, peachlipgloss said:

after listening to yosemite for the first time ever i will NOT tolerate any yosemite slander. i thought it was so beautiful 

This song is amazing and it just gets better and better it's very surprising

I had no expectations and thought it was just cute at first, now I find it so touching

What a special little album. It’s stunning and so raw and cool. I feel like she’s finally comfortable as herself in this really special way. When wild at heart hit the chorus I started crying because I was honestly just so proud of her finding her voice in the way she has- she’s a true legend like Joni and all the others she idolizes.

I truly feel the album is short and ends right when it gets started, which is my only complaint.

I may have said this already but on my first day after a few listens, favs are DBJAG, white dress, wild at heart, TJF and BUS.

Everything else is amazing too, but I need to sit with them and let them grow extra on me. Every song is magic overall. Hate WD video becuase the song is so wildly amazing and the video deserves to be also amazing. Even if it was old clips of her from her lizzy days- anything.

love the LDR village concept so much- I’m happy she stepped up her fun promo related activities. Buying a millions candles today potentially. I love you lana, thank you for your words and music.

ok girls

• i don’t love BUS but maybe it’ll grow on me?  

• as everyone else said, the bridge in dance til we die is INCREDIBLE oh my god

• i think for free is a very good album closer!!!! 

i am definitely going to listen to this album 284849 times to really let it sink in! but after my first listen i’m so happy, i’m so excited, i’m so glad we made it this far 

and my target exclusive vinyl is arriving in the mail soon :)

34 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

My mom is in tears after For Free ?

I can totally relate. Cannot understand the hate towards this song. It's so uplifting and just makes me happy. 

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, lanasgirl said:

THE WAY HE PUTS ON THE SUNGLASSES DURING THE SECOND VERSE OF DBJAG IS ME OMG

also not him thinking nikki lane was her singing with a different voice i fucking screamed :rip:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

5 minutes ago, lanasgirl said:

THE WAY HE PUTS ON THE SUNGLASSES DURING THE SECOND VERSE OF DBJAG IS ME OMG

I love when he says "just leave me alone!" when something is so good. DBJAG is supreme :legend:

2 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

also not him thinking nikki lane was her singing with a different voice i fucking screamed :rip:

That's what she gets for not even giving her a feature!???? :coffee:

3 minutes ago, peachlipgloss said:

• i think for free is a very good album closer!!!! 

2 minutes ago, Marius said:

I can totally relate. Cannot understand the hate towards this song. It's so uplifting and just makes me happy. 

Yes ladies some For Free positivity :angie:

I was super excited to see Lana on the TV culture news but

of course

the reviewer only mentioned her controversies (“only white people on the cover!! And who are we listening to, which persona is this, Lana or Lizzy Grant???”) and she only spoke two sentences about her thoughts on the album. Basically “she sings prettily” and “I liked the album”. Okay. Why don’t you talk more about the album then?

Ugh, I was so glad to see her on TV and then that old reviewer lady had to ruin it all.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I kinda regret already voting for my fave songs. I usually make up my mind about songs during the first few weeks post-release. The entire album is a grower for me. It's really personal, much more personal than any other album she has released since 2012. DBJAG was the only song that really moved me, WD, TJF and COCC are great, the rest still has to grow on me.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

''Many of the songs on Chemtrails are about leaving L.A. and starting over in the suburbia of flyover-country, a reaction to Del Rey feeling burdened by the weight of fame. I know this because she literally says she’s “burdened by the weight of fame” in the song “Dance Till We Die.” As always, LDR is telling us exactly what’s on her mind. Maybe it’s time to take those words at face value.''