Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

8 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I was always ready for Lana to do a country record, and after the brief tastes of it that we’ve gotten with Wild At Heart, Breaking Up Slowly, and Dance Till We Die (those probably being within my top favourites of the record) I’m really looking forward to the country cover album and LDR8 (which she kind of hinted would be country-esque). Chemtrails has me floored. I actually cannot process how amazing this record is - and it’s only going to get better with age! <3

I just knew you were going to love it :wub:

it really is SUCH an incredible album 

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, Nikogo said:

I just knew you were going to love it :wub:

it really is SUCH an incredible album 

:wub: It is! It’s totally climbed its way up to being my favourite album ever. I just feel so connected to her words this time around, even more so than usual. And the production is just gorgeous. I cannot believe it’s real :krylie:

13 minutes ago, BBMgirl said:

whew, this has been the only Lana record which im genuinely conflicted in; 

one one hand, i adore the lyrics and constant growth it reflected, along with the unexpected vocals and production shifts, keeping each song as a constant surprise to the listener and of course the toned down, raw n folky sound all throughout the project

but on the other hand, i cant ignore some things that blatantly ruin the experience for me: I generally hate shorter albums, so when this project ended, unlike her previous records, i was left wanting soooo much more, like atleast 3 more tracks (and the shorter track lengths didn't help in that regard oop). Also, I had this feeling of "is this it?" towards the end of the album. I wanted something more experimental here and there, just a bit, something more unique/ different to Nfr, as Lana re-invents herself so much with each era and stuff.

I know my expectations were maybe too high, but as an NFR stan, i was sad to see a lottttt of stripped folk ballads and just a couple hidden gems (in terms of production). its a crime that there weren't more songs like DBJAG or TJF, or a more folk rock type of song (even dealer would've been so unique and different ughh). that'd add so much sauce into an already sauced up project ^^ I really dont blame jack for the production (unlike some of yall dumbos), as the sound of the album was obvi Lana's choice, but yeah.. idk.

the entire project feels like NFR's younger sister, less polished but still following the footstep's of a great, great thing.

overall, i appreciated most tracks, with BUS and DTWD being growers and LMLYLAW being the only "eh" song

I must admit that in my 1st listen, I was so so furious and underwhelmed with the album, but i knew deep down that lana's music slowly grows on you, and once she does, she goes hard, and i was 10000% right, hehe.

My top 3 on COCC are:

1) TITLE TRACK

2) YOSEMITE

3) WAH

(i'm such a sucker for rick nowels production, oh my, so yosemite was a definite standout for me. cossing my fingers that she works with him in the next album!!)

so strange how people have completely different opinions.

for me, it's her sweetest and most cohesive record.

like if dorothy gale made an album at 35 travelling the mid west.

and yes, it's very languid and summertime sadness fans will be like wtf. But the whole point of the record is lana making the kind of music she wants to make and thinks is good and escaping the constrains of the music industry and the public,

I play it in the car and just enjoy the ride. Go to a diner, chill out. It's just a meditative Americana record about finding oneself. It's simple (one-note some would say), but that's its charm

you can always go to other records, not every one will be for you it's fine

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

:wub: It is! It’s totally climbed its way up to being my favourite album ever. I just feel so connected to her words this time around, even more so than usual. And the production is just gorgeous. I cannot believe it’s real :krylie:

me too! It took its place on my top 3 effortlessly!

It really is incredible cover to cover! You can tell she put a whole chunk of her soul into it. Her voice is so full and she lets you know exactly how she feels! 

all of my Jack slander is completely revoked and I’m so proud of the art they made! 

I also love how COTCC even touches on some of the themes of Violet 

"Don’t forget me"

Just now, CHIPCHROME said:

I honestly see less country in this album than that loungey hawaiian rock type stuff from looking for america

I agree. I knew it wasn't going to be straight country because Lana always has a funny way of describing genres of her songs. Dance Till We Die was probably the closest to being country.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

This album is giving me UV and Lizzy Grant holding hands in the desert.

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

all the BUS slander and for what!?? it's a decent song, a lot moodier than i expected. 

i get if you want to hate on it for being a feature track (yes i would've preferred it as a solo too) BUT i think it still deserves its place. 

THERE I SAID IT.

Just now, MoonAgain said:

well, I’ll just say it. white dress is almost unlistenable and breaking up slowly is actually incredibly good.

I’ll say it as well. White dress best song on the album. 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, MoonAgain said:

well, I’ll just say it. white dress is almost unlistenable and breaking up slowly is actually incredibly good.

breaking up slowly? building up slowly thats what it is because why is it a standout this was not in the plan joe