Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

868 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

2 minutes ago, EndlessSummer said:

So who is left to review it?

I think American songwriter, musicOMH, and a few other smaller publications like those ones 

i honestly think it could be close to being done though. It will have 25 metacritic reviews after these get added, that’s usually where most popstar albums top off

Yeah, out of the remaining publications I only really see MusicOMH, NOW, maybe No Ripcord or AV Club. Uncut (print only) may show up later. I think it'll stay above 81 but probably not go up to 85 again. Still only 4 points off from NFR!, which is amazing considering the year she's had.

It really sucks that a review as targeted, personal, and unprofessional as Sputnik's is eligible to be counted, but it says a lot about Sputnik in general, and the type of guys who write reviews there. Imagine feeling that threatened by Lana. And even with their shitty review, she's still well above 'Universally Acclaimed' :toofunny:, which only points to their transparency and bias. She really won, but either way, it's funny how she doesn't even give a fuck: Looking forward to their '0' when Lana rips their asses a new one with RCS.  :lolliney:

48 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

I don't want to spoil your positive experience but reading this made me realize how flat and superficial the production Jack does is compared to other producers she worked with.

Honeymoon or Ultraviolence for example had so many layers and details to discover, which is not something that happened on NFR - and much less on COCC.

not about nfr or jack, on cocc the " poorly " producted tracks like TJF is kinda designed to have this charm. its nostalgic. for me, it screams her 'sirens' era. on this album it works well.
i dont take it in a bad way, as i've did on my first listen, the album itself has so much vibes from her early stuff though. this is what her proclaims on the album - her ol 'days. she explained it for us in a interview.
the thing about the album layers are in her dizzly vocals, lyrics, also the album itself narrative - that brings up many root with it too
the charm of her earlier humblys work screams on cocc, i think jack and lana hitted what it had to be

1 minute ago, TessaDiPietro said:

"a person who gets routinely clowned by her fans for owning "live, laugh, love" decor and a painting of a sailboat above her fireplace"

Not Rolling Stone being on lanaboards :thumb3:

Did they lie? What’s wrong with that it just shows all of us are immature and dumb 

20 minutes ago, LustForDelRey said:

Did they lie? What’s wrong with that it just shows all of us are immature and dumb 

Like... all of us?:noparty:

White Dress is the ultimate ice skating song, with or without the music video. :wub:

I was reading old interviews during the NFR era and Lana said she had thought what songs would go best to a skating program and if she could incorporate herself skating into a MV. We all know how that turned out...

11 hours ago, longtimeman said:

Madonna did that before the internet and artists being cancelled daily, and got a tonne of grief for it. I can't even imagine the shit storm if Lana did it now.

exactly why she needs to do it! she'd literally be all over the news and the media would never shut up about it and the album sales would go through the roof :flutter:

i love you, but you don't understand me.