Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

10 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

im the same way, idk why or how, its a miracle it is growing on me... I am a clown 

We’re clowns and it’s okay. This woman has a magical hold on us and it’s beautiful 

I'm so sad that this album doesn't click for me... It's just boring and plain to me. I loved all of Lana's albums, NFR was great but felt simplistic to me (but still her best, don’t get me wrong), and I was already afraid she would make the production etc more simplistic.

Idk, maybe I'm just more a production whore than I thought I was. I really loved the cinematic theme of Honeymoon, trap inspired L4L, psychedelic rock Ultraviolence, dark and modern BTD+Paradise and raw yet simplistic NFR. This album feels like a more empty version of NFR to me :(

38 minutes ago, barttttender said:

so strange how people have completely different opinions.

for me, it's her sweetest and most cohesive record.

like if dorothy gale made an album at 35 travelling the mid west.

and yes, it's very languid and summertime sadness fans will be like wtf. But the whole point of the record is lana making the kind of music she wants to make and thinks is good and escaping the constrains of the music industry and the public,

I play it in the car and just enjoy the ride. Go to a diner, chill out. It's just a meditative Americana record about finding oneself. It's simple (one-note some would say), but that's its charm

you can always go to other records, not every one will be for you it's fine

yesssss.

My favorite moments on the album:

- White Dress: The second verse, the vape noise, the drumsticks being put down at the end

- Chemtrails Over the Country Club: The guitars growing in the mix in the bridge, the drum solo at the end

- Tulsa Jesus Freak: The random talking in the second half of the song, the intensity of the drums in the last hook

- Let Me Love You Like A Woman: "And I want (need) you to come", the second verse in general

- Wild at Heart: The second verse :lmao:, the harmonies at the end

- Dark But Just a Game: The section between the first chorus and second verse

- Not All Who Wander Are Lost: The random cuts of Jack talking, the guitar and bass riffing off each other, the bridge

- Yosemite: The chorus! (And the switch-up on the last chorus/end of the song)
- Breaking Up Slowly: Love when they sing together on the chorus. They sound good together.

- Dance 'Til We Die: All of it. It's so beautiful. My favorite song on the album along with White Dress.
- For Free: Lana's part, of course. But the instrumental is really well done, too.

White Dress is one of her best ever. I truly wish she keeps on that track for the next album. It's sincere, intimate and revealing. The Times' title "The artist launches her best image yet- herself' is accurate and wise. This song especially seizes the vulnerability and that nostalgic feeling mixed with something close to regret o the desire of going back time. She's singing with her whole heart. 

19 hours ago, boom like that said:

The first three seconds are in NAWWAL at the very end :air2:

Someone told me to check if I have gapless playback  turned on..had it turned off but when I turned it on the transition problem was fixed ( I use Spotify btw )

Maybe it helps y'all as well :party:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

5 minutes ago, HunterSThompson said:

Friendly reminder to listen to Roctab every era. They have taste x 

:kiss3:

Thanks legend! :crying5: I stan your taste too

4 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

So… may be a stupid question but is Justin’s or Lana’s album doing better on charts?? I was at work all day so idk:noparty:

Hmm honestly I think Justin will probably get the #1 but it doesn't matter 'cause we got amazing music (he was kinda flopping earlier today tho)

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

23 minutes ago, Chorli Xbox said:

I'm so sad that this album doesn't click for me... It's just boring and plain to me. I loved all of Lana's albums, NFR was great but felt simplistic to me (but still her best, don’t get me wrong), and I was already afraid she would make the production etc more simplistic.

Idk, maybe I'm just more a production whore than I thought I was. I really loved the cinematic theme of Honeymoon, trap inspired L4L, psychedelic rock Ultraviolence, dark and modern BTD+Paradise and raw yet simplistic NFR. This album feels like a more empty version of NFR to me :(

you should really google the word 'simplistic' before sticking it everywhere. peace 

53 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

So Madonna really acknowledges Lana!!:trisha:

NEWS. Where?

Just now, barttttender said:

you should really google the word 'simplistic' before sticking it everywhere. peace 

No need to be rude. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, barttttender said:

Jeez, no need to act like that. The production is definitely minimalistic and simplistic compared to her other albums imo? Not saying there is something wrong with that, just elaborating that is why it might not click for me but ok

5 minutes ago, Chorli Xbox said:

Jeez, no need to act like that. The production is definitely minimalistic and simplistic compared to her other albums imo? Not saying there is something wrong with that, just elaborating that is why it might not click for me but ok

there's nothing simplistic about tracks like The Greatest or Venice Bitch, and especially not a 1 hour long record that touches upon so many themes and production styles. 

You're using the word incorrectly, and devaluating the artists' contribution - simply because it doesn't work for you. Let me know which part of this statement is untrue?

45 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

when the video for Bartender exists?

Hey! Go easy on Bart-t-tender:)