Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

29 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

Reposting this without a spoiler tag now that everyone has heard the album!

Check your sun, moon, + risings bbs :wink:

:party:THE ZODIAC SIGNS AS COCC SONGS:party:

Aries: Wild at Heart (passionate, adventurous, evades routine)

Taurus: Let Me Love You Like a Woman (serene, soft, ruled by Venus)

Gemini: Dance Till We Die (penchant for fun, duplicitous first 3/4 to last 1/4)

Cancer: Yosemite (sensitive - “burning at both ends,” nurturing, loyal)

Leo: Chemtrails Over the Country Club (warm and dynamic w/ an appreciation of the material meets celestial world)

Virgo: For Free (peace in nature or the natural state of the world, methodical, and traditional)

Libra: White Dress (aesthetic visions, equality-prone re: “men in music”, idealistic)

Scorpio: Tulsa Jesus Freak (sensual, bold + dark, slight sarcasm/kitsch)

Sagittarius: Not All Who Wander Are Lost (adventurous, spontaneous, optimistic)

Capricorn: Breaking Up Slowly (pragmatic, enduring, sense of responsibility to address the situation)

Aquarius: Dark But Just a Game (inventive, eccentric, free-spirited, wanting to avoid conforming to fame)

Pisces: White Dress (dreamy, devoted, reflective, hopeful)

i was waiting for this post! didn't she mention during the pre-pre-release thread that she was planning an album where each song would fit a certain zodiac sign? i was eager to hear what songs would suit each sign and i think your list is quite on point! white dress + libra was not something i had thought, but i can kinda see it now. there is also something really scorpionic in it i think, must be the emotion in her voice and the nostalgy that is present in the lyrics

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

42 minutes ago, Tropico Roses said:

Any other people who worked in restaurants in their FEELS over white dress? I hated this song first listen and now I'm crying over my waitress nostalgia. Everything about this song perfectly fits how I feel about those days :crai:

I miss it :trisha: except our uniform was all black lol 

sgopYhV.gif

NFR starts as a morning album and ends with hope, a self-reflective song that’s better to listen to at night. COTCC starts with a self-reflective song that’s better to listen to at night, and ends with For Free, a song to begin a new day.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

1 hour ago, CyberCherry said:

Also, @Elle please let me vote again I want/need to vote For Free as well :icant:

I've just adjusted the poll settings so users can change their votes if desired! x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Just now, Elle said:

I've just adjusted the poll settings so users can adjust their votes if desired! x

BUS here I come! Sorry for not liking you instantly :eek3:

8 minutes ago, Elle said:

I've just adjusted the poll settings so users can change their votes if desired! x

Thank you so much!! It is SO hard to pick which tracks are in my top 5, they are all so beautiful :crying5: xx

Gangster Nancy Sinatra
"And I want revenge"

3 hours ago, Sugar Venom said:

if anyone is looking for a replacement artwork for their itunes dont forget the one lana revealed to me in my dream <3

mJJkHIum.jpg

Omg I remember this... I love it :mj:

Anyways, last night I had trouble falling asleep cause I had Wild at Heart stuck in my head on repeat... she did it! :smokes:

Can’t wait to replay this album all day long while cleaning the house!

Lanarat.png

4 hours ago, AphroditeBaby said:

Love that many reviewers are noticing the narratives that are present in the lyrics and throughout the references and repetition :party: COCC has a lot of story to it, maybe her most directly sequenced album for me narratively.

(Examples being White Dress, Yosemite, For Free, Breaking Up Slowly, Dance till we Die, etc and the way she looks to celebrities in the past for authenticity and self questions her own + her fame, and even uses her repeated phrases like 'for free' 'no candle in the wind'... also COCC, LMLYLAW, NAWWAL, WAH, etc. about redefining her use/worth and values as an artist and person and lover)

I think COCC is getting a bad rap rn for how its less lyrically precise or flowery than NFR which made kind of sweeping statements, but there really is a "life lived" here, as Lana said, and although I can understand her hesitation in calling the album done, there really IS a life lived.

Also, hate or call NFR overrated all you want, It did some serious heavy lifting IMO in getting many places to see her as a serious artist now, and the goodwill doesn't seem to have been lost in the last year. COCC is an album that requires repeat listens and attentive ears to piece together how its not 'just another Lana Del Rey album' (looking at you Alexis Petridis from The Guardian) and i could easily have foreseen everywhere tearing this album apart for 'how far away from NFR it is'

This is an amazing summary of the album :krylie:

Gangster Nancy Sinatra
"And I want revenge"

I finally finished reading all of the pages of this thread, started at 6:00pm and now it's almost 10:00pm :air2: I don't regret it though, I loved reading everyone's thoughts and opinions sm 

Gangster Nancy Sinatra
"And I want revenge"

George got arrested :ma:

200.gif

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I’m really hearing the Joni Mitchell and Mazzy Star/Hope Sandoval and the Warn Inventions influence on CoCC. What a treasure to listen to, so delicate and lovely ❤️

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

1 hour ago, yourolllikethunder said:

Reposting this without a spoiler tag now that everyone has heard the album!

Check your sun, moon, + risings bbs :wink:

:party:THE ZODIAC SIGNS AS COCC SONGS:party:

Aries: Wild at Heart (passionate, adventurous, evades routine)

Taurus: Let Me Love You Like a Woman (serene, soft, ruled by Venus)

Gemini: Dance Till We Die (penchant for fun, duplicitous first 3/4 to last 1/4)

Cancer: Yosemite (sensitive - “burning at both ends,” nurturing, loyal)

Leo: Chemtrails Over the Country Club (warm and dynamic w/ an appreciation of the material meets celestial world)

Virgo: For Free (peace in nature or the natural state of the world, methodical, and traditional)

Libra: White Dress (aesthetic visions, equality-prone re: “men in music”, idealistic)

Scorpio: Tulsa Jesus Freak (sensual, bold + dark, slight sarcasm/kitsch)

Sagittarius: Not All Who Wander Are Lost (adventurous, spontaneous, optimistic)

Capricorn: Breaking Up Slowly (pragmatic, enduring, sense of responsibility to address the situation)

Aquarius: Dark But Just a Game (inventive, eccentric, free-spirited, wanting to avoid conforming to fame)

Pisces: White Dress (dreamy, devoted, reflective, hopeful)

tropical: wild at heart sun, white dress moon, tulsa jesus freak rising 

sidereal: white dress sun and rising,  dark but just a game moon

her best songs omg the way i won :hooker:

On 3/19/2021 at 7:25 AM, conceptart47 said:

Bitchfork really fucked up with the 7.5. Shoulda been an 8.5 minimum 

On 3/19/2021 at 7:25 AM, conceptart47 said:

Bitchfork really fucked up with the 7.5. Shoulda been an 8.5 minimum 

7.5 is enough

Has anyone listened to TNBAR & Yosemite together since they are sister tracks ? 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: