Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

2 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

Has anyone listened to TNBAR & Yosemite together since they are sister tracks ? 

Yes! And you can definitely tell they’re sister tracks. They share small similarities, and they would’ve definitely fit in the same album 

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

BUS has really grown on me in the past 24 hours. At first, I found Nikki's voice quite jarring but I'm used to it now and I think the song has a really unique almost haunting quality

That is all. Actually that isn't all

DBJAG TJF and Yosemite holy trinity, though

I'm not really feeling Frock or Dance And Namedrop People but I think I need more time

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

18 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

The most surprising thing about this record is Lana not rhyming wild with child. I didn't saw that coming

Or odds with gods. Polka dots is so much better :krylie:

1 minute ago, Redhydrangeas99 said:

Nope, I was talking about the way the instrumental ends. It sounds like something’s missing 

yess!!! i wish they included the clarinette solo of the original song, lana's version ends rather suddenly

image.png

Hi guys,

Happy album coming out day!:party:

I was wondering which album do you prefer?

I chose Honeymoon for the comparison because it's the slowest and sits alongside Chemtrails as one of Lana's most languid/meditative records,

So which album is your favourite?

My answer: while I always appreciate an upbeat Lana track like High by the Beach, I'm going with Chemtrails. It's a shorter, more cohesive, and a more consistently good record.

Honeymoon's lows are really, really low (Freak, The Other Woman), while Chemtrails' lowest points are still listenable at least (For Free, Breaking up Slowly) as background music.

More importantly, nothing on HM blew my mind like White Dress did  except maybe The Blackest Day - but that song didn't have much staying power.

Don't get me wrong - I still love Honeymoon.

But Chemtrails - 7.5 (one big hit/upbeat song would have really made this come together more and land at 8.5, to join White Dress and Wild at Heart as the holy trinity) 

Honeymoon - 7 (without Freak and The Other Woman and a shorter running time, this would have been so much better)

Let me know your thoughts 

p.s this was supposed to be a new thread but ended up here ??‍♂️ 

6 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Hi guys,

Happy album coming out day!:party:

I was wondering which album do you prefer?

I chose Honeymoon for the comparison because it's the slowest and sits alongside Chemtrails as one of Lana's most languid/meditative records,

So which album is your favourite?

My answer: while I always appreciate an upbeat Lana track like High by the Beach, I'm going with Chemtrails. It's a shorter, more cohesive, and a more consistently good record.

Honeymoon's lows are really, really low (Freak, The Other Woman), while Chemtrails' lowest points are still listenable at least (For Free, Breaking up Slowly) as background music.

More importantly, nothing on HM blew my mind like White Dress did  except maybe The Blackest Day - but that song didn't have much staying power.

Don't get me wrong - I still love Honeymoon.

But Chemtrails - 7.5 (one big hit/upbeat song would have really made this come together more and land at 8.5, to join White Dress and Wild at Heart as the holy trinity) 

Honeymoon - 7 (without Freak and The Other Woman and a shorter running time, this would have been so much better)

Let me know your thoughts 

The other woman isn’t on honeymoon, are you trolling 

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

Summer's summer's almost gone 

We were talking 'bout life  

We were sitting outside till dawn ..

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

3 hours ago, yourolllikethunder said:

Reposting this without a spoiler tag now that everyone has heard the album!

Check your sun, moon, + risings bbs :wink:

:party:THE ZODIAC SIGNS AS COCC SONGS:party:

Aries: Wild at Heart (passionate, adventurous, evades routine)

Taurus: Let Me Love You Like a Woman (serene, soft, ruled by Venus)

Gemini: Dance Till We Die (penchant for fun, duplicitous first 3/4 to last 1/4)

Cancer: Yosemite (sensitive - “burning at both ends,” nurturing, loyal)

Leo: Chemtrails Over the Country Club (warm and dynamic w/ an appreciation of the material meets celestial world)

Virgo: For Free (peace in nature or the natural state of the world, methodical, and traditional)

Libra: White Dress (aesthetic visions, equality-prone re: “men in music”, idealistic)

Scorpio: Tulsa Jesus Freak (sensual, bold + dark, slight sarcasm/kitsch)

Sagittarius: Not All Who Wander Are Lost (adventurous, spontaneous, optimistic)

Capricorn: Breaking Up Slowly (pragmatic, enduring, sense of responsibility to address the situation)

Aquarius: Dark But Just a Game (inventive, eccentric, free-spirited, wanting to avoid conforming to fame)

Pisces: White Dress (dreamy, devoted, reflective, hopeful)

Omg I got White Dress twice :wub:

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

Have we talked about about that Not All Who Wander Are Lost is called Wanderlust in the digital download version of the Vinyl?

Love  NAWWAL as a title bc it's a Tolkien quote but I think Wanderlust is such a beautiful   title as well :wowcry:  And imagine Wanderlust on the official tracklist:oprah:

7.Wanderlust 

8.Yosemite 

Would have been so beautiful :xcry:

I'm glad that we got both titles even though one of the titles is only in the digital download version of the Vinyl 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 hour ago, Pico Boulevard said:

Has anyone listened to TNBAR & Yosemite together since they are sister tracks ? 

I think it goes more with Change, they even share the same melody 

UbsOye5.png

had anyone brought any attention to the lyrical parallels between hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it and white dress?

I've been tearing up town in my fucking white gown

When I was a waitress, wearing a white dress / Look how I do this, look how I got this

Serving up God in a burnt coffee pot for the triad

It made me feel, it made me feel like a God

I was reading Slim Aarons when I got to thinkin', that I thought

Sun stare, don't care with my head in my hands / Thinking of a simpler time

Maybe I'd get less stressed if I was tested less like all of these debutantes

Kind of makes me feel, like maybe I was better off

giphy.gif

Tulsa Jesus Freak is a total gem. I love the experimentation with the autotune effect, all of the background vocals, and the buildup of "white hot forever." 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

3 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

I’m ready for another day of streaming Yosemite for like eight hours. :oprah:

Yeees :air: 

The fact that it was created with the same guitar West Coast was created makes it ever more LEGENDARY :sadcore2:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

2 hours ago, CyberCherry said:

I finally finished reading all of the pages of this thread, started at 6:00pm and now it's almost 10:00pm :air2: I don't regret it though, I loved reading everyone's thoughts and opinions sm 

This reminds me of that one user who joined LB mid-(post?) NFR and read through the entire pre-release thread :deadbanana:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

i can't stop listening to white dress. i think it's genuinely my favorite Lana song. I've never felt more personally connected to a song before. sure, its a very specific song lyrically. (particularly the orlando and men in music business conference lyrics) but it's so funny that she released it while I'm also 19, trying to find myself, living for the little moments where i feel invincible, no matter how sparse. ugh, I've been so sick these past few days and haven't gotten any better. this album has helped me bare through the pain, though. it's definitely not my favorite of her albums (norman, honeymoon, and ultra will always be my holy trinity) but it's definitely top 4. it's such a good springtime album.

giphy.gif