Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

1 minute ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

we're allowed to wear wireless headphones at my job and i'm so excited to jam to chemtrails while i ignore customers :hype:

COCC PLAYING ALL DAY LONG :ma:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

I feel like Dark But Just A Game somehow sounds like classic Lala and current Lala at the same time. It's like she took the best qualities from each era and put them into that song. :agree:

I hope it gets an mv depicting a really fucked up Hollywood party. That'd be so fun

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

2 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

The most surprising thing about this record is Lana not rhyming wild with child. I didn't saw that coming

A song rhyming Bobbie Gentry with gently is coming

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

12 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

I feel like Dark But Just A Game somehow sounds like classic Lala and current Lala at the same time. It's like she took the best qualities from each era and put them into that song. :agree:

I hope it gets an mv depicting a really fucked up Hollywood party. That'd be so fun

parts of that song (particularly the chorus) really remind me of her unreleased pop songs, especially Behind Closed Doors

RVhKIwP.gif

BUS grew a lot on me and I love it now:oprah:

The little instrumental part at the beginning before Nikki starts to sing is so beautiful :xcry:

This album has no skips.period:gurl:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

So happy she decided to release the album this month. It's the last day of summer where I live and these songs go perfectly with this weather, leaves are yellow and falling but every now and then there's some warmer days :wub:

Edit: also, BUS is fucking great :flutter:

so universal music poland flew the Spotify banner FROM THE WRONG SIDE it looked so bad and cheap and there were fans literally traveling cities to see this… by the time it flew back from the right side people already left nfjdhdhdhd I think it’s karma for treating us like shit 

161810313_2602355480064739_5925898178903

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMo6-wCHjky/?igshid=6tfu1kvuipdb

one detail that i love so much is how she keeps using her low voice at the very end of Yosemite when she sings 'the right reasons' when normally she would go higher, for like one second. it's really beautiful. it reminds me of the way she would harmonise over 13 Beaches using a lower register than the background vocals in her 2017 live performances. It also anchors the song in the lust for life era, because that one subtle melodic variation at the end of the last chorus is something she also does in Love

22 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

so universal music poland flew the Spotify banner FROM THE WRONG SIDE it looked so bad and cheap and there were fans literally traveling cities to see this… by the time it flew back from the right side people already left nfjdhdhdhd I think it’s karma for treating us like shit 

161810313_2602355480064739_5925898178903

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMo6-wCHjky/?igshid=6tfu1kvuipdb

Bye they were also almost an hour late and we were standing in 0 degrees:toofunny:

Just now, Rico25 said:

Am I the only one who actually loves the original cover printed? 

I anticipated it would actually look good framed but I need to see it in the flesh. I saw a pic of the neil cover framed and it looks a little empty. Record stores are still closed here :defeated:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

5 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Bye they were also almost an hour late and we were standing in 0 degrees:toofunny:

And you can’t even see the Spotify logo this promo has absolutely no sense LMAO it screams poland so loud

Proud to say we designed them waaayyy better banners but they said it was too late bye

3 minutes ago, Marius said:

White Dress has debuted on spotify with 1.535m streams. :trisha: Edit: those are probably filtered streams. Spotify app is going to show more. 

I really don't know stats/numbers like that lol. How good is that or how does it compare ?

5 minutes ago, Marius said:

White Dress has debuted on spotify with 1.535m streams. :trisha: Edit: those are probably filtered streams. Spotify app is going to show more. 

Is there a good site to check streaming numbers? Don‘t have a spotify account